Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-13-2010, 10:58 PM   #1441
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

I used to obsessed with Lunar back in the day, probably because I was super into anime. I'm thinking about picking up the PSP version and seeing if I still like it or not.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-14-2010, 01:13 AM   #1442
firstmatekate
Ohohoho!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
Did you play any of the other versions of Lunar?
Oh yes, the Playstation and even the GBA one. <3 I'm a big Lunar fan. xD I was super excited for this version and totally ordered the "limited edition" one with the bromides and soundtrack. Love love love.
-Steampunk outfit
firstmatekate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2010, 01:44 AM   #1443
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

I never heard about Lunar 'til recently. I like to make it a point to try every classic J-RPG (I'll play Chrono Trigger...eventually...). So I got the limited edition PSP remake, and it doesn't disappoint at all. You would usually expect sub-par voice acting in these kinds of games, but this one's is pretty good.

Looking forward to Pokemon SoulSilver tonight.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2010, 05:35 AM   #1444
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Dude, really? It's Chrono Trigger. Get on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstmatekate View Post
Oh yes, the Playstation and even the GBA one. <3 I'm a big Lunar fan. xD I was super excited for this version and totally ordered the "limited edition" one with the bromides and soundtrack. Love love love.
Would you recommend the PSP version over the others? I have the PS1 versions of both Lunar 1 and 2, but haven't gotten around to them yet!

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: Anime Los Angeles (January 9-11)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2010, 07:22 AM   #1445
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

I got a confession, I played the second Lunar, but not the first, ever.

Still.......HAPPY HOUR!
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2010, 07:55 AM   #1446
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Just got Pokemon SoulSilver at the midnight release. Oh the nostalgia!
Unread 03-14-2010, 10:40 AM   #1447
firstmatekate
Ohohoho!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
Dude, really? It's Chrono Trigger. Get on that.

Would you recommend the PSP version over the others? I have the PS1 versions of both Lunar 1 and 2, but haven't gotten around to them yet!
Hmmm. Well, the PSP game seemed much easier, difficulty-level wise, than the PS1 games (I never beat the final boss on Lunar 1 for the PS1! The bane of my existence to this day...), and the dungeons seem a lot shorter on the PSP..... but the graphics are a thousand times better, and the music seems way higher quality.

So, if you want more of a challenge, play the PS1 games. If you want way nicer graphics and sound, play the PSP game.
-Steampunk outfit
firstmatekate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2010, 09:46 PM   #1448
Pincer
LEAGUE OF DIRTY OLD MEN

Now I'm messing with some SNES titles on the Wii Virtual Console. I need to pop in the Resident Evil titles I haven't opened to make sure they work. Also working on Dante's Inferno on the PS3, and on Tues it's God of War III (collector's edition) and Command and Conquer 4.

Defender of Claires worldwide from creepy Leons. (big inside joke, needed to be there for the experience!!)

I Claim King From Tekken!

The Resident Evil Cosplay Thread!! -- Reaks of retarded fun!
Pincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 01:25 AM   #1449
Kenmichi
Death by photograph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIT0918 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It6xj...ayer_embedded#
Unread 03-15-2010, 01:34 AM   #1450
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
My Gamestop didn't have a midnight opening, but I did get HeartGold as soon as they opened.

I'll admit, I never actually owned Gold/Silver. It came out when I was during my "I'm too old for Pokemon" phase. I played it a bit with my cousin when it came out though, and then I secretly downloaded the Silver ROM and played it in secret in my room, but didn't play it that much. So this is really my first true journey in the Gold/Silver world.

Last edited by DarkFujin : 03-15-2010 at 01:37 AM.
Unread 03-15-2010, 05:15 AM   #1451
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenmichi View Post
I disagree, because I think Pokemon was at its best at Gold and Silver. I started losing interest from there. I kinda gave up on Pokemon at Diamond. I got to the beginning of the Elite Four when I said "screw it, I've grown bored of this game!" and traded it in.

HeartGold and SoulSilver certainly doesn't disappoint though. This game was better than I thought! Nice new stuff like how walking attracts less wild Pokemon, while running will give you encounter after encounter. Great for those who want to avoid fights, or attract them. Also, it turns out that any Pokemon that's first in your lineup stays out of its Poke Ball and follows you around! It's not just your starter! There's some special features for that too, such as how the Pokemon following you might find something, and you can decide to take it from them or not. Your success probably depends on how much they like you. These Pokemon themselves are really starting to act more like animals.

I still wish they'd get rid of the HMs and replace them with items we can use. Like a sword in place of Cut, or a pick in place of Rock Smash. These HMs makes it hard for me to make my dream team since I need certain Pokemon with these moves to get around. :/

The Pokewalker is cool too. It even puts your chosen Pokemon's in-game sprites! Just in monochrome.

Nostalgia is probably making me love this game more than I should though, ha ha.

Last edited by UNIT0918 : 03-15-2010 at 05:49 AM.
Unread 03-15-2010, 08:08 AM   #1452
Fong
Quarter-circle, punch!

Moved on from Dragon Age.

Now playing Final Fantasy XIII and Pokemon. DOA: Awakening comes out tonight/tomorrow at midnight so that will also soon be taking a large chunk of my life.

These RPGs are going to be the end of me. I'll waste away without even knowing it XD

My Youtube Channel!

~*~ Katsucon 2013 Line-Up ~*~

~*~ Naoto Shirogane from Persona 4 ~*~
~*~Elizabeth from Persona 3 ~*~
~*~ Winter/Femme Fatale Cammy White from SF4 ~*~

~*~ Zenkaikon 2013 Line-Up ~*~

~*~ Haruhi Fujioka from Ouran High School Host Club ~*~
~*~ Shura Kirigakure from Ai No Exorcist ~*~
Fong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 02:48 PM   #1453
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
I still wish they'd get rid of the HMs and replace them with items we can use. Like a sword in place of Cut, or a pick in place of Rock Smash. These HMs makes it hard for me to make my dream team since I need certain Pokemon with these moves to get around. :/
I saw someone post something similar to this on the Gamefaqs forums, and I think it sounds like a great idea. I know it's part of the challenge, but I hate having to either sacrifice a spot in my team for a useless HM slave, or give my good Pokemon useless moves. The only HM move I've ever used in battle I think is surf.

The thing that I really want to see in a Pokemon game is the option for New Game+. There gets to be a certain point where there's nothing to do but level grind to beat friends, and I hate starting a new game because I lose all my Pokemon. If you trade Pokemon over from another game, then they level up too fast and you need badges to control them. I wish there was a way to start a New Game+ and carry over your Pokemon. I would love to be able to raise all my favorite Pokemon from the start of the game.

Quote:
Also, it turns out that any Pokemon that's first in your lineup stays out of its Poke Ball and follows you around! It's not just your starter! There's some special features for that too, such as how the Pokemon following you might find something, and you can decide to take it from them or not. Your success probably depends on how much they like you. These Pokemon themselves are really starting to act more like animals.
I love being able to walk around with my Pokemon, it's such a little addition but it makes the Pokemon seem more "real" or, as you said, "animal-like."

Last edited by DarkFujin : 03-15-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Unread 03-15-2010, 04:59 PM   #1454
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

I'm not gonna bother with HG/SS, I never even got into the originals.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 05:26 PM   #1455
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Pokemon Silver was the last Pokemon game I really got into. I tried playing Pokemon Sapphire and got bored with it after a few gyms. I did buy Diamond, but that was because I was in Japan and wanted to battle my boyfriend in Pearl. I haven't played it past the second gym.

I'm hesitant to get SoulSilver but I loved the original Silver so much that I feel like it'd be a great game to get into on my DS. The updates sound so great, too. Maybe if I ever end up finishing my damn Japanese copy of Diamond. D:

Anyway back to Mass Effect. I should really just return this to work because I'm sorta just forcing myself to play at this point.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: Anime Los Angeles (January 9-11)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote