Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > New York Comic Con

Unread 06-19-2009, 08:20 AM   #1
santose2008
Number 1 Hero

Roommates

Anybody looking for another roomie? New York is expensive in hotel fees and I'm the only person going to NYAF. I'm nice and I don't bit. My age is 24 so I know how to act right in public not to humiliate you. Iím also a female. I would go on a NYAF forum on NYAF site but they donít have one which is a first for a anime convention Iím interested in going too. So please get back to me. Thanks.
santose2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-19-2009, 01:30 PM   #2
mrgetalife
Foxkeh Says Hi!

They do have a forum. But its weak.

http://newyorkanimefestival.yuku.com/

You'll have better luck finding people on here.
mrgetalife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2009, 03:13 AM   #3
PreciousSonja
~Victor's Pet~

Look here

All of these hotels you can stay at for under $50 a night. ^_^ I'd just check in Friday and check out Sunday and you'll have a bill below $100 total. PM me if you need more help with this.
PreciousSonja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2009, 10:29 AM   #4
Aqua's Rhapsody
FIERCE!

Wow those places are extremely cheap. It almost seems too good to be true...
Aqua's Rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2009, 12:57 PM   #5
santose2008
Number 1 Hero

Like the guy said above, what's the catch?
Unread 06-22-2009, 03:40 PM   #6
mrgetalife
Foxkeh Says Hi!

They are HOSTELS. Not HOTELS. You're kinda renting a bed for the night. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hostel

So expect community bathrooms, renting lockers, etc, depending on the location.
mrgetalife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2009, 04:50 PM   #7
botan007

I have room in my guesthouse. We are going in Fri,Sat and Sunday. Its a 30min ride to the train station and a nice hour train ride for $17.75 for round trip. I have 3 spots if anyone is interested. Its $30 for the weekend in the guesthouse and that covers your cot and gas and some food.. so for the weekend its $90ish, not counting ticket and convention food. I will take a down payment of $15 via paypal and will accept the rest on Friday or Sunday. PM me for more details.
Cosplays: Duo Maxwell (Gundam Wing), Maka (soul eater),Witch Hunter Robin,Tomoe (Smaurai X), Hetalia:America (Civil War),Sasuke, Temari,Punk Temari, Schrodinger (Hellsing), Lolita, Serah (FF13), Inara (Firefly/Serenity)

Conventions of 2013: I-Con, Castle Point, NYAF (Maybe, maybe Katsucon and or Otakon)

Add me on Facebook:Jacqie Rutzler
botan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2009, 05:21 PM   #8
santose2008
Number 1 Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by botan007 View Post
I have room in my guesthouse. We are going in Fri,Sat and Sunday. Its a 30min ride to the train station and a nice hour train ride for $17.75 for round trip. I have 3 spots if anyone is interested. Its $30 for the weekend in the guesthouse and that covers your cot and gas and some food.. so for the weekend its $90ish, not counting ticket and convention food. I will take a down payment of $15 via paypal and will accept the rest on Friday or Sunday. PM me for more details.

Botan I PM you. I hope you got it.
Unread 07-24-2009, 01:54 AM   #9
MapleRadio

I'm looking for a place to crash Friday and Saturday night. I don't want to spend gobs of money, so sleeping in an overstuffed room is just fine with me.

As for myself, I'm pretty quiet and can keep to myself, but I love meeting new people. I can be pretty goofy and silly if I'm around the right people. Pretty much, I'm just looking for a good time and cool people to chill with. Let me know if you've got a spot for me! [:
MapleRadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2009, 04:28 AM   #10
santose2008
Number 1 Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleRadio View Post
I'm looking for a place to crash Friday and Saturday night. I don't want to spend gobs of money, so sleeping in an overstuffed room is just fine with me.

As for myself, I'm pretty quiet and can keep to myself, but I love meeting new people. I can be pretty goofy and silly if I'm around the right people. Pretty much, I'm just looking for a good time and cool people to chill with. Let me know if you've got a spot for me! [:
I'm actually staying at the Chelsea Star Hotel with a friend that have stayed there before with no trouble. If you need a place to stay that is cheap, I would say try there. I'm bunking there for $29.99 a night for the dorm one. It's not the best but I'll be with somebody, so I feel a little better taking a place like this. I'm only there for the con not the hotel I say for a price like this. If you stay there then you can hang with us. But that is up to you.
Unread 07-24-2009, 07:45 AM   #11
Bitter
Certified Loli Trap

Mmm...I wouldn't trust staying at a hostel in NYC. Sounds awfully sketchy to me. -__-;; However, I'm still looking for an actual hotel room to stay/split with people. I'm 26, female, non-smoker. I don't mind floor space at all. I'll probably be attending NYAF by myself and having a room near the convention center is just really convenient rather than taking the train an hour back and forth while dragging around my cosplay, you know? If anyone's interested or has room, please PM me.
I have more, but everything's up in the air at the moment.

Next Cons: AnimeNext, Otakon
Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2009, 08:02 AM   #12
santose2008
Number 1 Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter View Post
Mmm...I wouldn't trust staying at a hostel in NYC. Sounds awfully sketchy to me. -__-;; However, I'm still looking for an actual hotel room to stay/split with people. I'm 26, female, non-smoker. I don't mind floor space at all. I'll probably be attending NYAF by myself and having a room near the convention center is just really convenient rather than taking the train an hour back and forth while dragging around my cosplay, you know? If anyone's interested or has room, please PM me.
I actually did call them up and everything just to see if they were legit. The help desk workers answering my questions was very nice and professional. They told me what to expect, how far JCC was which is around the corner and how far the bus station was since I will be taking Megabus to get there. Besides you won't be alone if you go. If you put in your reservation, they won't charge you until the actual date even if your using a debit card. Just put my name to bunk with and they will put you with us. It would be fun and it beats sleeping on the floor if you can't get a room in time to sleep on a bed.

Unread 07-24-2009, 07:22 PM   #13
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

People looking for rooms, are any of you near NYC? Another suggestion is just scouting out the area near the Javitis area. There's a lot of hotels near that area that arent that expensive, but you have to book in person or on the phone. Some of them aren't on the web.

Also Bitter, where are you coming up from? I cant offer you room space (I'm either crashing at my place, or getting a staff room) but I may be able to find you a spot in a friend's room. Feel free to PM me.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2009, 07:51 PM   #14
Bitter
Certified Loli Trap

Starwind824: I'm actually coming from central NJ about an hour outside of NYC. I wouldn't mind the commute so much, except that it makes it really inconvenient when it comes to cosplaying.
I have more, but everything's up in the air at the moment.

Next Cons: AnimeNext, Otakon
Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2009, 04:48 PM   #15
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter View Post
Starwind824: I'm actually coming from central NJ about an hour outside of NYC. I wouldn't mind the commute so much, except that it makes it really inconvenient when it comes to cosplaying.
Central NJ? LOL my wife used to live in Point Pleasant. Small world.

But yeah I can see how the commute can be a pain. Again, shoot me a PM (The AIM name I have listed in my profile isnt used that often) and we can TRY to work something out.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote