Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > New York Comic Con

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-20-2009, 04:13 PM   #1
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Avatar: The Last Airbender at NYAF?!?...

I know it's not technically anime, but people still cosplay it, and it rocks so whatev. It's like...American anime. Because American cartoons by and large don't have the in depth plots that Avatar does, and they aren't normally drawn as well either. Avatar is so totally an honorary anime.

I was just wondering if anyone going to NYAF was planning an Avatar: The Last Airbender cosplay. There were quite a few people I saw at AnimeNEXT, and I'm sure there will be even more at something as big as NYAF. I know of 3 people, besides me and my sibs, already planning Avatar cosplays....

I'd like to plan a photoshoot, at a time that is good for everyone, either on Friday or Saturday- or both. So, let me know if you plan on an Avatar cosplay- or would just like to see the photoshoot- and we can work out all the details...I'll work around your schedules.

Cosplayers:

Azula- Aurora Marija
TyLee- stephhxstar
Aang- Aurora's little bro
Zuko(book 3)- KensukeX
Zuko- guy from Facebook(has no account here)....his friends are cosplaying Avatar too, but undecided on outfits right now

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Philly Comic Con- -Otakon- -Dragon*Con- -NYCC-
2013 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Lux(League of Legends); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV)

Last edited by Aurora Maryte : 08-26-2009 at 10:17 PM. Reason: added more cosplayers to list
Aurora Maryte is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-23-2009, 09:51 PM   #2
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Seriously?... Is there nobody on Cosplay.com planning an Avatar cosplay for NYAF?....

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Philly Comic Con- -Otakon- -Dragon*Con- -NYCC-
2013 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Lux(League of Legends); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV)

Unread 06-24-2009, 07:08 AM   #3
EppyNine
Giraffe King!

I'm planning to cosplay either third season Zuko or Suki. I might have a Katara with me as well

NYAF/NYCC 2010:
Lady Gaga Mudkip
Julia - Cowboy Bebop
Oerba Dia Vanille - Final Fantasy XIII

MangaNext 2010
Alois Trancy - Kuroshitsuji II
Alois Trancy Costumed Ball Version - Kuroshitsuji II
EppyNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2009, 10:35 AM   #4
EppyNine
Giraffe King!

Sorry for the double post but sadly my Zuko cosplay got pushed out of the way. It's unlikely I'll be going as Zuko.

NYAF/NYCC 2010:
Lady Gaga Mudkip
Julia - Cowboy Bebop
Oerba Dia Vanille - Final Fantasy XIII

MangaNext 2010
Alois Trancy - Kuroshitsuji II
Alois Trancy Costumed Ball Version - Kuroshitsuji II
EppyNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2009, 10:38 AM   #5
knightmare6
knightmare6.com

Well I'd love to help shoot you guys, since I missed the chance at AnimeNext

Contact Me For Photo Shoots In NYC
knightmare6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2009, 08:01 PM   #6
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

@EppyNine: Awww. Well, it would have been awesome to have you as Zuko- but then again, maybe it's for the best. My brother would have tried to beat you up, lol. Will you still be doing Suki then?...

@knightmare6: Awesome, we'd love to have you. We need as much publicity as we can get, since Avatar never gets enough of love.
I'll let you know once we have the day and time all set up.

Conventions 2014~

Unread 08-21-2009, 09:49 PM   #7
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Wow... this thread got like lost in the abysss of the forum. Oh well, at least now it's back.

I think it's pretty definite that my little bro sis and I will be wearing our Avatar outfits Friday, but I bought them 3 day tickets anyway.... I have to wear my Naruto outfit Saturday though, and my Code Geass one Sunday, so....

EDIT: Well, I just saw the other topic for Avatar, so that's good, at least there are a few other people planning to cosplay from the show.
I still have no idea what time photoshoots should be though. -.-

Conventions 2014~

Last edited by Aurora Maryte : 08-23-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Unread 08-26-2009, 08:54 PM   #8
Lostdreamz
I bought Lavi..literally!

sad to say this but I won't be going as Sokka's mother, sumptin came up and the little guy is no longer going with me, so I'm puttin that cosplay on hold. ^_^ Still looking forward to seeing the great Avatar cosplays tho at NYAF!
Lostdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2009, 10:17 PM   #9
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Ohhhh... nooooo I really wanted to see you guys!! That would have been epic!!!
I hope you do do this cosplay someday, I realllly do.

Conventions 2014~

Unread 08-27-2009, 07:38 PM   #10
Lostdreamz
I bought Lavi..literally!

its a def go for the release of the Movie, so I might bring it to Otakon with me (and he will be 8 so perfect for "child Sokka", but since hes so young I won't be bringing him with me to the cons, don't think he would be interested, the only show he knows is Avatar lol.. but def will post pics once I get the cosplays done! ^_^
Lostdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote