Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Manga Chat

Unread 08-08-2003, 08:56 PM   #1
Pendrell
yea for thou art kickass.

GetBackers licensed!

... by TokyPop. Good thing? Bad thing? Does it make you want to dance for joy or hide under the sofa? ^_^;

The projected street date is February 10, 2004. WAY FAR OFF, but still. I'm looking forward to it. Obviously. e.e *l*

Unread 08-08-2003, 09:21 PM   #2
BaraironoSekaiX
Shugo-Nichan's Sister

Well, I really didnt care much about the manga cause my Japanese wasnt that good at the time. So, i just watched the anime fanbsubs. i think the manga being licensed is a great thing, as long as they don't license the anime. >.>
BaraironoSekaiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2003, 07:44 PM   #3
jfc
I hate kudzu!!

What is it about?
jfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2003, 04:41 AM   #4
nekochan
PILE IT ON!! xD

YAYYYYYYY!! haha i read a few installations of it in a chinese magazine, and though i REALLY like it so far, i can't tell you much about it ::sorry!:: but yeah! SCORE! on that one ongoing poll they have on the site about "what should we license next" i asked for the Get Backers (yes, my chinese sucks). this seems like a big SCORE! for me. xD
nekochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2003, 02:24 PM   #5
Pendrell
yea for thou art kickass.

Ah, jfc, to sum it up, it's about these two guys who run a retrieval service/dakkanya called GetBackers... they boast a 100% return rate on stolen items/persons. ^_^ But they usually have to do quite a bit of hoop-jumping to get stuff back.

Oh, and they're almost always broke. XD From what I've gathered, that's usually due to the.. er... eclectic?.. cases they take on. o.o I don't know much past the very beginning, so I'm not the best source for summation, either. ^^;