Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop

Unread 08-09-2003, 10:54 PM   #1
Hideki_san
beware of eyebrow's

What got you into jrock/jpop?

for me, a friend of mine started lisening to this pop style music, i thought to myself"ok, it sounds good, but i liek my rock better. i like my likin park, 311, etc." But after hearing DAI(do as infinity) i was like"wow, good music, catchy tunes." so while i would lisen to DAI at his house, from time to time, he got a another favorite. BoA, and Ayumi. There good, there video's are better than american video's. and its more techno in a way, which i like. So now i liek jpop/jrock. And thast my story. A friends influence. Whats yours?
Hideki_san is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-09-2003, 11:45 PM   #2
Cyber Wolf
Bone Daddy

Um, I think this belongs in the music forum ^^;;;; This forum is just for costuming ^_^
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2003, 12:01 AM   #3
Hideki_san
beware of eyebrow's

T_T(cries)
Unread 08-10-2003, 12:15 PM   #4
Cyber Wolf
Bone Daddy

*Pat pat* 's okay ^^ You're new here and it does get confusing sometimes, 'specially since it doesn't say costumes at the end of this forum title. ^__^
Unread 08-10-2003, 01:11 PM   #5
Lady Orunitia

Seriously, why doesn't someone add the word COSTUMES to this forums title???? That would clear a lot of things up...
Lady Orunitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2003, 02:29 PM   #6
Hideki_san
beware of eyebrow's

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyber Wolf
*Pat pat* 's okay ^^ You're new here and it does get confusing sometimes, 'specially since it doesn't say costumes at the end of this forum title. ^__^

ive been here since early 2002, but i never use my old name anymore. So i made a new one cause i forgot my old name and password. But i did mess up cause i never pay attenion when i get ready to post.
Unread 08-11-2003, 02:32 AM   #7
Osiris N
Somnambulist Oddity...!

Its a fun thread, though...I do admit!

What got me into Japanese music was from my dear friends in 95-96. My echange students got me into a lot of various styles and types of music, that I kept getting into more and more different styles. ^_^ Ta daaa....
Osiris N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2003, 06:04 AM   #8
RoxyDirKaoru

How I got in to J-rock...

I have been a die hard Final Fantasy fan since I was 11 years old.
So one day I found a picture of Squall and his model Gackt Camui when I was searching for Final Fantasy 8 pictures on kazaa. And I tought "Oh he was pretty, really pretty!!!" And since his name was there I began searching on the net for more pictures and information of him. Then I found out that he was a singer and now I LOVE him. He makes great music. This happend january this year (2003). That's my story on how I got into J-rock!
RoxyDirKaoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2003, 09:23 AM   #9
Neko Kitty-Chan
Nani?~

What got me into j-music...

What basically got me into it was Final Fantasy 8, Then Final Fantasy X, then came Kingdom Hearts. The song Utada sang just really got me so that's were I began my intrest in j-pop/j-rock
Neko Kitty-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2003, 07:50 PM   #10
cutekawaii
Cos-BUSINESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Orunitia
Seriously, why doesn't someone add the word COSTUMES to this forums title???? That would clear a lot of things up...
Because it's under the costume section of the forum.
cutekawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2003, 08:39 PM   #11
Cyber Wolf
Bone Daddy

Still...lots of people seem to have overlooked it so that would help. :3
Unread 08-11-2003, 11:35 PM   #12
Lady Orunitia

Still...lots of people seem to have overlooked it so that would help.

Exactly.
Lady Orunitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2003, 02:50 AM   #13
mughi3
animetal

well it all started with anime soundtracks of course
after i got hooked on konya-wa hurricane from the original BGC series i discovered an interview in an old newtype for the metal band show-ya since they did the closing theme for cleopatra DC. and from there i just kind of expanded, of course it helps to live near a japanese book store that sells/imports cds as well as a japanese video store that rents heyheyhey music champ.

i like do as infinities newer stuff(the more roock oriented) the older R&B stuff was just soso in my book.....but then again i am more into rock and metal and not as much into pop aside from a few jpop groups
mughi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2003, 03:47 PM   #14
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

I one day stumbled upon a Hamasaki Ayumi site and they had music samples. I listened to "Fly High" and was instantly hooked. I listened to more of her music and I got my friend hooked on her too. After some time she fell into J-rock and slowly pulled me in with Gackt. A Japanese neighbor of mine (older lady) has J-rock videos and offered to let me borrow any of them. Knowing my friend was currently obsessed with Malice Mizer I borrowed one of those (Merveilles) and we watched it. I had heard a couple of songs by them and thought they were "OK" but I'd never really seen them. After that concert I was like "Wow..." and fell in love with them. Then that slowly moved into Dir en Grey, which took time because they were a bit too extreme for me at the moment, but they just grew on me and I'm in love with them! ^_^ Now I'm trying to expand my J-rockness by listening to Baroque, X-Japan, hide, etc. etc...
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2003, 06:53 PM   #15
Moogle Hiromi
~†~Iconoclast~†~

I wrote about this in another thread... but it started out with anime and games music.... of course!
I got into Dir en Grey as soon as i first saw/heard them. But then I was always a weirdo.... XD
Moogle Hiromi is offline   Reply With Quote