Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Gundam

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-29-2009, 03:05 PM   #1
striker0
Gunpla building expert

RX-78-2 Gundam beam rifle

So, after a solid 3 1/2 hours, I made a beam rifle for my RX-78-2 Gundam cosplay, and I got it approved by the cosplay committee so I can have it at the con. Reason I had to do that is because they are very anal about weapon props, and my beam rifle isn't the spitting image of the beam rifle in the anime. It shares the same shape, but that's all. It's not detailed all that much, and I'm painting it in a gray primer and that's it.

So, my question is this. To kinda let people know that it's not even real, I was gonna write on paper "This is not a real weapon" Then hot glue the message across the entire length of the prop on both sides, would it actually kindly tell people it's not real?
striker0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-29-2009, 08:01 PM   #2
zenithvsp
Ark Industries

Well right off the bat, people would know it's not a real weapon. But for those who couldn't tell the difference, then the simplest thing you can do is make the tip of the muzzle (tip of barrel) a bright orange or just an orange as soon on Airsoft Rifles/Guns.

-Jarred

Cosplay Project(s) 2012 -- Southern California:
U N D E R - C O N S T R U C T I O N

zenithvsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 09:55 PM   #3
Space Lion
THE DESTROYER

I'm not sure what con you're taking this too, but some places will "peacebond" your gun when you get there. Essentially, they wrap a bright colored zip tie or something around part of the prop so that everyone knows 1) it's not real, and 2) it's been approved by the con staff.

Zenithvsp's suggestion would work as well. Honestly, if the con is already cool with it, I don't think you'll have much of a problem.

Space Lion is offline   Reply With Quote