Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Closed Thread
Unread 07-15-2009, 02:06 PM   #1
Reigun
Vertically Challenged

Baltimore thunderstorming for the next 3 days.

I looked up the weather for Baltimore for this upcoming couple days and it says that there's going to be scattered thunderstorms! (and still be between 80-91 degrees!)

What's that going to mean for photoshoots? Obviously they'll have be relocated inside, but those people who have to walk around outside, back to their rooms from the Convention center (like me) is going to suck major. :<

And people wearing expensive costumes and wigs? God, this year might turn out to be a drag.

Sunday apparently is going to be the only nice day.
What do you guys think about this crap!? D:

Unread 07-15-2009, 02:10 PM   #2
Haily-Chan
StripperANBU's EX-Wife

the storms wont last that long. And the fact that their "scattered" means there is a very good chance we wont get any rain at all. They call for a chance of storms nearly every single day here, and it hasn't rained in atleast 4 or 5 days. . . no worries, imo.
Unread 07-15-2009, 02:11 PM   #3
Reigun
Vertically Challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haily-Chan View Post
the storms wont last that long. And the fact that their "scattered" means there is a very good chance we wont get any rain at all. They call for a chance of storms nearly every single day here, and it hasn't rained in atleast 4 or 5 days. . . no worries, imo.
Thank god. I just hope your right. x3
I don't mind sweating to death in the Baltimore sun, but when it comes to rain and humidity? Nooo. x(
Unread 07-15-2009, 02:13 PM   #4
Haily-Chan
StripperANBU's EX-Wife

ehh, unfortunately the humidity will definetly be a factor. No umbrella is gonna protect you from that, lol.
Unread 07-15-2009, 02:14 PM   #5
Dust Bunny
A Fluffy Bunnykin

Weather in Maryland is completely random. I could rain one second, be lovely the next, and then snow later. Since the weather said scattered storms that could mean that it wont rain at all.

I guess we will all just have to cross our fingers, at least it won't be scalding hot. If you are worried about photoshoots why not make a *in case of rain meet at this door and we will walk to this place* don't forget that there is that whole long covered hallway that leads to the new hilton.

I hope it is nice out.
Unread 07-15-2009, 02:45 PM   #6
Aer
rawr

Its been sooo nice lately and hasn't rained for a while. Even if it does storm it should be a short summer one and cool things down a bit.

At night its actually been getting even a little chillier than normal out...so hopefully it should be great for cosplaying this weekend

I wouldn't worry about it.
Unread 07-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #7
nakagos bunny

Well, if anyone sees a girl wearing a plastic bag over her head when she's outdoors, try not to think she's too bizarre, I will have to do that to protect my naturally wavy hair's straightening job for my cosplay.XD As anyone with naturally curly/wavy hair knows, a drop of water on it will kill the straight.><

Unread 07-15-2009, 08:24 PM   #8
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Again, any updates about Otakon weather, please post in the thread already made:

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=184759&page=6

Thanks.

Let's all hope for clear skies all weekend long!
"This is your job. You want a clear conscience, go start a charity. But if you want your own photography business, and your cosplayer boss says you gotta go out there and take a photo-shoot, go out there, take it, come back to work, and say "DO YOU NEED ME TO DO IT AGAIN?!!"
Closed Thread