Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-02-2009, 12:12 AM   #1
Aoichan065

Baccano!

Has anyone seen someone cosplay as a character from Baccano! at any recent cons? I'm thinking about doing Isaac and Miria with a friend of mine at Metro con.
Aoichan065 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-02-2009, 01:51 AM   #2
Trumby
Greed-o

I'm cosplaying as Firo at Sakura-con in about a week. We've got a big group of people for it too.

Firo, Isaac, Miria, Jacuzzi, Nice, Dallas, Chane, Vino/Claire/Rail Tracer, possibly a Ladd.

Should be a fun time!
Trumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2009, 02:23 AM   #3
Aoichan065

Wow. I can't wait to see the pictures. My friend is thinking about doing Chane for another time since she isn't going to the con where I would be Miria. :[
Unread 04-02-2009, 02:50 AM   #4
Trumby
Greed-o

Yeah, it should be a lot of fun, I can't wait

I'm hoping to get some folks at Fanime and Anime Expo too..but hasn't been much of a response
Trumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2009, 05:42 AM   #5
Aoichan065

:O I'm going to Fanime! But next year, not this one.
Unread 04-02-2009, 03:38 PM   #6
vrosario7

Wow that would be awesome, I haven't been to any yet in 09, I will be at Otakon though this year...hmmm..Baccano is a good idea, I actually didn't think about that, I like Jacuzzi splot alot....hehehe
vrosario7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2009, 04:46 AM   #7
Aoichan065

Awe. I like that character, too. Baccano is full of lovable characters, it's kinda hard to find one you don't like.
Unread 04-03-2009, 12:02 PM   #8
JellybeanQueen
JUDGEMENTAL BEAR

I think I've got about four or five of my guys friends talked into cosplaying Baccano! at AFO this year.^^ Actually, it didn't take much talking. I pretty much showed them the show and they were sold. I'm currently debating between going as Nice or Firo (it'll probably be Firo if I can talk my friend into going as Maiza).

Otakon 2014 ~ Nakia (Red River/Anatolia Story), Rachel (Final Fantasy VI), Ymir (Attack on Titan), Sailor Uranus (Sailor Moon), casual Usagi (Sailor Moon), casual Haruka (Sailor Moon)
Pockyflowers Cosplay
JellybeanQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2009, 12:08 PM   #9
Ashbrie
SUDDENLY MIRACLE TRAIN!

*Points to avatar*

*Thumbs up*

Maybe now that Baccano has been liscenced, people will actually know WTF I am cosplaying at cons, lol. At AnimeNext last year, a total of five people knew who I was, hurr.

I would also like to cosplay Miria in her pretty red dress--I even bought the fabric and wig a long long time ago, but haven't even started it >_<! Has anyone ever found a pattern even remotely close to Miria's dress? Because I can't find a single one, and I'm a little scared to tackle the dress without even a vague pattern to go off of.
Unread 04-03-2009, 01:03 PM   #10
JellybeanQueen
JUDGEMENTAL BEAR

I think McCall's or Simplicity have some costume patterns that would probably work for Miria's red dress. My guess is you'd have to do some tweaking, but it'd be better than nothing.

Otakon 2014 ~ Nakia (Red River/Anatolia Story), Rachel (Final Fantasy VI), Ymir (Attack on Titan), Sailor Uranus (Sailor Moon), casual Usagi (Sailor Moon), casual Haruka (Sailor Moon)
Pockyflowers Cosplay
JellybeanQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2009, 02:30 PM   #11
Piggynukka
Brodeo Cowgirl

Nice to see more people getting into Baccano! cosplay. I cosplayed Miria in her train dress the last con I went to in September and am the Miria to Trumby's group that is going to Sakuracon.
AnEdibleSeed Miria's dress isn't that hard to do if you are good at combining patterns. My dress was a random prom dress pattern that I found with that resembled the dress without the ruffles and then it was combined with...the ruffles off of a Halloween gypsy pattern...and the sleeves were just kind of made up.
If anyone has any idea on how to make Miria's sleeve things movable without using elastic I would be more then happy to hear. It doesn't look as accurate with the elastic in but its the only way to keep the silly things up.
On another note I'm planning on doing most of Miria's costumes eventually, I'm hoping sometime this year to do 20th century Miria and Issac with my boyfriend. I'll take my Baccano! excitement away from here though, I'm blabbing too much.
Milk (Love Love Sugar)- Pop'n Music
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World the Game

Member of TigerDick cosplay: "We are cool and ballin' dudes."
Piggynukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2009, 03:02 PM   #12
Ashbrie
SUDDENLY MIRACLE TRAIN!

*Snaps fingers* I was hoping I could at least find a pattern that had something like her sleeves. Ah well. I almost considered combining a skirt pattern and a shirt pattern I found, but then I used the shirt pattern for my Harvest Moon costume and found it to be really awful -_- I ended up making the shirt without the pattern and by some miracle it came out okay.

I guess I'll just find a plain dress pattern and add ruffles and the sleeves myself. Thank you!
Unread 04-03-2009, 05:44 PM   #13
Aoichan065

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnEdibleSeed View Post
*Points to avatar*

*Thumbs up*

Maybe now that Baccano has been liscenced, people will actually know WTF I am cosplaying at cons, lol. At AnimeNext last year, a total of five people knew who I was, hurr.

I would also like to cosplay Miria in her pretty red dress--I even bought the fabric and wig a long long time ago, but haven't even started it >_<! Has anyone ever found a pattern even remotely close to Miria's dress? Because I can't find a single one, and I'm a little scared to tackle the dress without even a vague pattern to go off of.
I don't think it would be too hard to find one. You can search online. It's a saloon styled dress. If anything, I think after looking at it long enough I could come up with a pattern.
Unread 04-03-2009, 05:53 PM   #14
Ashbrie
SUDDENLY MIRACLE TRAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoichan065 View Post
I don't think it would be too hard to find one. You can search online. It's a saloon styled dress. If anything, I think after looking at it long enough I could come up with a pattern.
That's what I thought when I first decided I wanted to make it, but after tons of searching I found absolutely nothing close ._.

That was awhile ago though. There might be something out now for all I know, but most likely it seems like I'll just have to find a plain strapless dress pattern and add to it. I might try to search around again when I have the chance though.

Her blue dress would be so much easier to find a pattern for >_> *Shakes fist*
Unread 04-03-2009, 06:09 PM   #15
navigated
Derp.

My friends had a HUGE Baccano! group.

Seen here. And I feel lame because that's about all I have to contribute.

navigated is offline   Reply With Quote