Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 07-17-2009, 10:00 PM   #1
ishie-chan
Teh Yaoi Goddess

Question Dark skin to light skin

Okay, I've seen threads for people trying to get darker skin, but I have tan skin and I was wondering whether there are products to make skin lighter without making it look weird?

If there is a thread with the same question, can someone please send me a link?
Saturday- (undecided)
Sunday- unknown)

Conventions
EXPcon '10
Megacon '11
AFO '11
ishie-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-17-2009, 10:06 PM   #2
Kelley
Devil of Details

I know there are other threads since I've seen a few - you could try the search bar. :c

It really depends on what your skin is now (and what it is naturally - for instance if your skin is more tanned now than what you would be if you stayed inside all the time) and how much lighter you want it to be - and if you're looking for makeup or something more lasting.

There are TONS of hoaxes and crap on the "make my skin paler" front - since in some parts of the world it's still a big deal (instead of actively trying to tan like many Westerners) - and there are plenty of crap products marketed towards those desperate (in my opinion, somewhat misguided) people.
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2009, 10:19 PM   #3
ishie-chan
Teh Yaoi Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurLadyC View Post
I know there are other threads since I've seen a few - you could try the search bar. :c

It really depends on what your skin is now (and what it is naturally - for instance if your skin is more tanned now than what you would be if you stayed inside all the time) and how much lighter you want it to be - and if you're looking for makeup or something more lasting.

There are TONS of hoaxes and crap on the "make my skin paler" front - since in some parts of the world it's still a big deal (instead of actively trying to tan like many Westerners) - and there are plenty of crap products marketed towards those desperate (in my opinion, somewhat misguided) people.
Well my skin is weird in the sense that I can get really dark with too much sun, but if i'm not out for a while I'll turn out as a pale tan. And I'll be needing something that can last during conventions

Its not that I personally want to be paler (i like my skin the way it is :3) I just want to be as in character as I can be XD
Saturday- (undecided)
Sunday- unknown)

Conventions
EXPcon '10
Megacon '11
AFO '11
Unread 07-17-2009, 11:44 PM   #4
Kelley
Devil of Details

Your best bet is to use sun-block and hats.

Other than that, you might find a theatrical makeup opaque enough to turn you temporarily more pale - though you can't really push it that far or you start to look weird and sickly/ghostly/unnatural - or at least that's my experience. :c
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2009, 12:04 AM   #5
ishie-chan
Teh Yaoi Goddess

Hm, any sort of brand I should like at for the theatrical makeup?
Saturday- (undecided)
Sunday- unknown)

Conventions
EXPcon '10
Megacon '11
AFO '11
Unread 07-19-2009, 10:40 AM   #6
Ruki Yuki

I'm not sure about this because i saw it on some wedding show..But this lady covered her tattoos by airbrushing her skin..Maybe it could work for making you look more pale?
Ruki Yuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2009, 04:02 PM   #7
CNgrandson
Video game nerd

im pretty tan too, i got slightly paler from staying inside more often, or i try to avoid the sun as much as possible, cause i get tan pretty quick. sometimes i wear loose longsleeves when i go out so i can block my arms from sun, but i wont heat myself up. and if i have short sleeves, and there is no shade, well....im not sure, but yes, loose long sleeve and do more activities inside. but dont turn into a shut-in
CNgrandson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2009, 07:13 PM   #8
ishie-chan
Teh Yaoi Goddess

Well its hard for me not to get sun since i live in the freakin' sunshine state >w< So I guess I'll need to get some more sunblock at least so that I'm pale enough for a character. I like being tan :3

But thanks for the tips! If anyone else has anything to chip in do go ahead!
Saturday- (undecided)
Sunday- unknown)

Conventions
EXPcon '10
Megacon '11
AFO '11
Unread 07-19-2009, 07:24 PM   #9
CNgrandson
Video game nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishie-chan View Post
Well its hard for me not to get sun since i live in the freakin' sunshine state >w< So I guess I'll need to get some more sunblock at least so that I'm pale enough for a character. I like being tan :3

But thanks for the tips! If anyone else has anything to chip in do go ahead!

I live in FL too >.< I try to keep my skin light, and its been raining a lot lately here so theres been less sun
CNgrandson is offline   Reply With Quote