Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair > User-Submitted Wig FAQ's and Tutorial Threads

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 62 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-16-2011, 12:17 AM   #151
Rosethorn22

I love you.

My wig was so badly matted that the front sections formed a chin strap when you wore it :/ It's a cheapo ebay wig. I used this, and I can run a fine comb all the way through it now! The fibre still feels like shit, nothing's gonna change that, but wowwee, I can't believe how much better it looks. I took a bunch of before and after pictures, so I'll be sure to post them when I get a chance
Rosethorn22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-06-2011, 10:49 PM   #152
tehkukikookie
Uses galaxies as shuriken

My store doesn't carry the spray, but they dud have the 3 in 1 lube in a little bottle. It worked amazingly! O.O Though, using my hands as the application tool wasn't easy.

Otakon 2012
Red Dress/SMS Klang Klang, Kida, Micro Klan Klang, Aisha Clan Clan, Ms.Fortune

Toki Wartooth
tehkukikookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #153
CardinalWinter

Thank you so much for this! It saved my wig!
Unread 10-02-2011, 05:35 AM   #154
Kaheleon
‹bermensch

Oh my gosh you are a lifesaver! Thank you so much~!
I have to try this to my poor Grell wig. It has suffered greatly at the con and looks very very sad. ;A;

Momocon 2013
- Grell Sutcliff
- Journey
- RED Medic
Kaheleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2011, 07:06 AM   #155
LolliManley

Okay, so I've bought the 3 in 1 Silicone Spray Lubricant, and am too scared to do anything to it D: It' already dead, I don't want to kill it completely!!! Mine is a Miku ponytail clip-on, will it work on this too? Also, I bought a paddle brush and a wide toothed comb.... will either of them get stained? I have so far covered my gate door with black plastic bags so what do I do if it ends up looking greasy? What do I do then? D:
LolliManley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2011, 02:19 PM   #156
KittyKax
Little Miss Starlight

I found this tutorial a while ago and I actually wanted to try this for my new Hatsune Miku pigtails, they go to my freaking knees!!(I haven't even taken them out of the packaging cuz I'm afraid of tangling them XD)

However, I didn't want to accidentally mess them up, so I decided to test it on my Sailor V wig, I'm probably gonna replace it later anyway. After Anime Expo the wig had obtained some massive tangles and became unmanageable(partially do to my careless-ness as well ) so I decided to try this method on it to see if it would work.

I couldn't find that 3 in one stuff tho, I tried Home Depot(didn't have anything that would work :P) and then I went to Lowes and I just decided to get this:

I went home and tried it out(hanging the wig in my garage)and I just lightly misted it and ran my finger through to get the tangled out, for the really stubborn ones I just shot a spray on it and it came right now. I've let it dry overnight and it looks pretty good, I probably could have sprayed it a little more but I didn't wanna go overboard ^__^''

But anyway, this stuff is AWESOME!! Whoever thought of this is a GENIUS!!!

Last edited by KittyKax : 10-29-2011 at 02:24 PM.
KittyKax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2011, 11:26 AM   #157
fey4life

great help! thanks for taking the time to review this product. it really helped!
fey4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 02:35 AM   #158
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I have recently gotten my wig for Stocking from Panty and Stocking and was worried about it tangling (I'm not used to wearing super long wigs), but reading this has made me feel a bit better about wearing it now. I can't wait to try this.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #159
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Thank you so much for this. I plan on cosplaying Isaak from Trinity Blood (His hair goes to his knees) and I was deathly afraid of how I was going to keep a wig like that from tangling immensely. I've been working myself up into a panic about it. ^^
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 03-03-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #160
Anhelitta
Insanely Detail Oriented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Thank you so much for this. I plan on cosplaying Isaak from Trinity Blood (His hair goes to his knees) and I was deathly afraid of how I was going to keep a wig like that from tangling immensely. I've been working myself up into a panic about it. ^^
I know the feeling...doing Astharoshe Asran from Trinity Blood and my kitten managed to get to my wig before I got the chance to do more than take it out and play with it.
I am trying another method with Motions hairspray first...assuming I can't get most of the tangles out by myself...but if that doesn't work I probably will be heading to my local hardware store for this stuff.
Unread 03-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #161
Josette0688

Yay! Hopefully this can save my never used, already tangled lulu wig! Hopefully this works for my party city cheapo :/
Josette0688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #162
LonLonMarin

I'm not sure what happened, but this technique wasn't very successful for me. I bought the 3-in-1 silicone lubricant spray and when I got home I did a quick brush through my untangled wig to make sure there weren't any knots. I lightly misted the wig to avoid making it greasy and I sprayed my comb as well. As I combed through the wig it seemed to be making it worse because knots started forming. I would give a quick shot of the spray, but it didn't help at all, it just made the knots wet.
I untangled what I could and left it for a day. The next day I thought, "Maybe I didn't use enough," so I tried again but this time I sprayed more. Well, my wig does look a little greasy, I pulled out a lot of hair because of all the knots the spray was causing, but now it's a teeny bit easier to comb through. So, a little more cons than pros to using the spray.
LonLonMarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #163
pc_alchemist
Lolita Princess

I just used this on my Miku clip-pony tails. This is the product I used.

B'laster Silicone Spray Lubricant. I got it at Home Depot in the Hardware section. Just ask were the WD-40 is.

I don't have any before pictures. But here are the ones I do have. Sorry they are so dark.

This worked pretty good. Now the spray doesn't exactly 'mist' out like the directions ask you to. It is more quick spurts. So I flickered it quickly over my wig on both sides (I turned the clips around. In the pictures they are hanging from the window rail with trash bags taped to the window.) When it wasn't super tangled, I actually sprayed a little in my hand and ran my figures though it to make sure it got everywhere a little.

I did get a wet-stringy look, but as it dried through the day I just shook it with my fingers to try and fluff it up every 1 or 2 hours. It helped. I tried to take pictures of me shaking it with my figures to try and fluff it up.

I'm really happy with the result. I had taken the wig out for an outdoor photo shoot and it was pretty tangled. During the process of doing this, one of the pony tails actually fell down but the tangles just came right out with my figures with the treatment in it! I love this thank you so much for your post!
pc_alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #164
spookysage

This is an awesome method, and inexpensive too - I picked up a can of B'laster spray and a bag of vinyl gloves at Home Depot for about five dollars. Now I can even run a fine-toothed comb through the treated wig with no ill effects! Like pc_alchemist said, this brand squirts from the can in a fast stream rather than a mist, so I kind of massaged the spray in with my gloved fingers to get it started. It also helps to spray onto the comb and then work it into the hair, particularly so you don't get the ends too wet.
spookysage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2012, 11:10 PM   #165
DudettRin101
DudettRin101

Gotta try this

I have a hopelessly tangled Konata Izumi wig that I have tried for hours on end to untangle since my first use. I've been unable to wear the costume since the first time because of the wig. Hoping this will work to get it untangled.
DudettRin101 is offline   Reply With Quote