Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Japan

Unread 07-21-2009, 11:20 AM   #1
kawaiiclampfan

Summer Wonder Festival 2009

Hey!~

I'm visiting Summer WonderFest this year, and would like to cosplay - however, I'm unsure of a few things (and feeling really nervous! ^^; ) Has anyone been to Wonderfest to cosplay? I know you have to register at the door, but is that easy with poor Japanese? :S

Also, I was wondering - are cosplayers allowed to go into the figure and other areas, or do they have to stay in a designated cosplay area? I know that photos have to be taken in the area, but I'm not sure if cosplayers can go anywhere :S

Any advice would be very much appreciated! ^_^
kawaiiclampfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-01-2009, 09:07 PM   #2
Tsumanne
History Nerd

It's been a few since I went to wonderfestival. It's been cancelled for the past year due to an escelator accident that wasn't the event's fault and no one was hurt... was starting to wonder if it wasn't coming back.

When are the dates and is it still at Tokyo Big Site? I'd like to go again.

Cosplay:
The times I went before cosplay was a go. You arrive in street clothes and change at the event. There is a designated changing room. It used to be in the same area as the figures. Just look for the booth along the wall toward the entrance of the figure hall that says Cosplay. You'll probably see cosplayers around it. You pay there for your cosplay pass and they dirrect you to the dressing room which should be right next to the booth.

The cosplay area is the outside area through the big doors on the far side of the hall. How they work it is photos of cosplayers are allowed in the cosplay area only. Much the same as Comiket. You are free to wander around in costume and scope out the figures. People just can't pester you for photos is all. When it's over you change out of costume first. You're not allowed to leave the convention center in costume. They will stop you. I know cause they caught me once lol

Event Calendar:
Comic Market 87 - Tokyo, Japan: December
Tsumanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2009, 09:49 AM   #3
Yorke

It was a week ago at Makuhari Messe.
Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2009, 12:45 PM   #4
Tsumanne
History Nerd

awwww. They held it early too I see. used to always be the the weekend before Comiket.
At least I know it's back and kicking. I'll be sure to watch for winter WF then.

Event Calendar:
Comic Market 87 - Tokyo, Japan: December
Tsumanne is offline   Reply With Quote