Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Bleach

Unread 07-24-2009, 02:54 PM   #1
nawstra578

bleach haori and linning the inside of cloths - need help

so i found this real simple way of making the captains haori and plan on buying the last piece of fabric for the sleeves to make it, but i cannot figure out how to attach the inner lining for the jacket. anyone have any ideas on how to dow this? i dont actually wana start making this unless i know i can either attach the lining at the end or if i have to before i put it all together. also to all the bleach fans out there do any of your know if the sleeves of the haori have inner lining aswell or is it just the body of the haori?
nawstra578 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-24-2009, 03:05 PM   #2
Zaxmit
Full of Bad Ideas.

I can't help you with the lining attachment, as my sister did that for my Sousuke haori.

But your question about the sleeves lining, I can answer. Yes, I believe their sleeves are lined as well. You can see the lining on Sousuke's.
Zaxmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2009, 03:05 PM   #3
nawstra578

ps- also to anyone tht wants to make one just do this...

measure from your shoulder to however long u want to go say ur ankles fr example.

cut 3 peiecs of fabric of this length times 2

so for example if u where say 4 ft 5 inches fr the measurements make it about 8 ft 10 inches or so for the pieces to cut, ull nbeed three of them.

two will act as the body simmply sow up on wichevver part is gonna be the back and leave the other side open for you to enter.

for the sleeves simply get the last piece of fabric and cut it into four equal part

2 for each sleeve

measure there width and use to to leave spave for the place to attache the sleeves as u sow up to side of the haori

the attach the sleeves in the open areas and you should be done

if it helps i made a a mini taicho jacket to see if this works and it does but if u use a t shiort fr the mini one the sleeves may kinda stik out but the real one wont have that problem as long as you use the proper fabric.
Unread 07-24-2009, 03:07 PM   #4
nawstra578

thks and hes the captain i plan on cosplaying as if u ever get the chance one of these can u ask ur sis how she did it tht be most apreciated
Unread 07-25-2009, 01:01 AM   #5
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

To attach the lining what you need to do is make it the same as your haori then turn them right sides together and stitch them together at the collar. Then turn it right side out and turn up your sleeve hem and the bottom of the haori's hem and stitch those two parts together. It's very simple really.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2009, 01:51 AM   #6
twilightsezuka

Instead of making a lining you could probably purchase a matte white wide ribbon and sew it to the inside of the collar and the sleeves. n_n this way the costume won't be so heavy and hot.
twilightsezuka is offline   Reply With Quote