Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Youmacon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-25-2009, 11:48 PM   #1
daguru
(SebastiAn Remix)

Youma Rave '09 SUGGESTIONS FOR STAFF

Hi there.
I'm DJ Daguru of Magness Prime.
http://www.myspace.com/magnessprime

I opened the '08 rave with a Daft Punk-oriented act with lasers, EL Wire and a dozen costumes. See here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEk7psq35qw

Not sure if I'm opening the rave this year, but I will be DJing. I had a lot of positive feedback over the past 9 months about the last show and I wanted to know what the fans are looking for this year. We have new light-up costumes planned *cough cough* Space Channel 5 *cough cough* as well as other surprises over the course of the night.

What I need from you all are music/song/genre suggestions, visual effects ideas, or anything dealing with elbow room on the dance floor or any basic suggestions.

Note to self: "Napalm sticks to babies" is not a good campaign slogan
daguru is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-05-2009, 10:10 PM   #2
pyrofaith

I think it would be sweet if there were black lights everywhere, that way anything white or bright colored would glow, so we don't just have to use glow stick, all though i love the glow sticks lol. If you have ever heard the song Ravers Fantasy thats a very good song for the rave or anything like that of course. But really it helps if they are songs people can sing along to and will actually know, it just gets everyone way more into it.
pyrofaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2009, 03:24 PM   #3
daguru
(SebastiAn Remix)

I'll definitely include it, then. I prefer the Subwire Mix

Note to self: "Napalm sticks to babies" is not a good campaign slogan
daguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2009, 07:24 PM   #4
lunaladyoflight
Glitter Addict

If you're playing I might actually slip in for a couple minutes to see you guys.
lunaladyoflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #5
fluffygirl56
~Teh Skitteh~

^.^ For songs I think it would be neat to play some Black Eyed Peas remix or Supermassive Black Hole (not because I like Twilight, im not that kind of fan but its a great upbeat song I liked before Twilight was even out) and of course the Black Eyed Peas would be upbeat enough as well for a good Rave, maybe even a Pink remix. I think techno is the best kind of Rave song! :P The old songs are really good!!

OoO I am totally for the black lights thing, that sounds amazing!
fluffygirl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2009, 10:24 AM   #6
Ms.chif
Ms.Chif

As well I agree with the Black lights! Lazer lights would be awesome too! For music... Maybe Kings of Leon (sex on fire!). In the the memory of MJ I think we should have some hits from him (a remix would be awesome!). Sorry i'm a big fan and I would absolutely love it, if you played his music at the rave. Thriller of course (it's Halloween after all! and many, I know, know the dance XD. Including me. LOL), P.Y.T, In the closet, SCREAM, Dirty Diana, and well the classics Billie Jean, Beat it, Smooth criminal, and well you know the rest. What also would be Awesome is some reggae (you know you want me, Hotel room service by Pitbull, Na da Na.....well you know). Do you know for sure if your opening? and what day? I for sure will be there! *busts out the glow sticks XD lol

In the works!

C2E2 Chicago 13: Poison Ivy
Acen 13:
*Jade (Mortal Kombat 9)
*Super Sailor Mars (Sailor Moon)
*Manuela Hidalgo (Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles)
*Gag cosplay for saturday night: Jwoww (Jersey Shore.....Have a snooki too! LOL)
Ms.chif is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2009, 07:29 PM   #7
Azumi29

Pleeeze play 'Darkwave Surfer' by Aural Vampire ... it's such a great rave/dance song.