Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Hetalia: Axis Powers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-28-2009, 07:25 PM   #1
Kounya
♠King of Spades

APH - America - Stupid JACKET

Edit: Hahaha! I'm such an idiot! I forgot to post pictures! I'm sorry!

Hero!
Front

Best I could find. For some reason, I can't really find any of his pictures from the anime. o_O;;

====

(I have no clue if anyone asked this question. I searched the forums but I may have over looked this. Sorry if it's a repeat question! u___u)

So I plan to cosplay America for Saboten-con but I'm having a dilemma with his jacket. The pants, shirt, I don't care because those are simple but it's the aviators jacket he wears. B| If I can buy it, I'll do it but the cheapest aviators jacket I found was 50$ and the bidding ended yesterday on eBay. I plan to search around but I doubt that I'll be able to find anything here (maybe I'll be lucky) because I don't live at home at the moment (back home there's a major military base for marines because of the friggen desert. Guess the area and you win. 8D).

So. Can anyone help me find a cheap jacket ORRRRR find me some patterns so that I can make my own? I'm not really looking forward to making the jacket at all. If that seems to be the cheapest way, what sort of fabric would you suggest? Inside and out. I already know where to get fake fur ..stuff so that won't be a problem. Thank you so much. u_u

Last edited by Kounya : 07-29-2009 at 01:25 AM.
Kounya is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-27-2010, 10:21 AM   #2
YaoiShadow

Hi! I was actually given a jacket that looked ironically JUST LIKE IT (but a slightly lighter color, sorry I don't have a picture at the moment), and without the fuzzy collar, star, plane, and 50 on the back. (I was so happy XD)
Around where I live, there are a lot of farming-type stores, and browsing through their western-wear sections at the jackets is a good place to look. They may cost around $50 like on Ebay, and you'll have to add a few details, but I think that'd be your best bet. ^^
Unread 07-27-2010, 10:20 PM   #3
TrannyMess
That Funky Old Gran

Try searching on ebay for a bomber jacket and click the men's clothing filter. There are plenty on there. My search yeilded 3,844 items. However, since bomber jackets are usually made with leather, they do tend to run expensive. You can usually find a few at a thrift store. But, they will still probably be about $30 or more.

There are patterns you can use. I know kwik sew and vogue have a decent amount of patterns for men's jackets. As for fabric, you'd have to go with leather or something that is similar to that, such as vinyl. I wouldn't suggest working with either of these unless you know how to tool it and have the tools. You could make it with suede, but you would have to interline it with a twill, canvas, or sturdy interfacing to get the right weight. A poly lining would be good for the lining of the jacket.

Overall, you might be better off just buying one even if it is $50 or more. If you get good quality one, you could always use it as a jacket for cold weather. After all of the materials you need, you're looking at over $50 to make it. You would need jacket fabric, interfacing, lining, a zipper, thread, a white fabric for the applique, and a pattern. And, if you go with leather or vinyl and don't already have the means to work with it, you'll need tools.
Scott Pilgrim - Scott Pilgrim
Queen Victoria - Kuroshitsuji
Prussia - Axis Powers Hetalia
Badou Nails - Dogs: Bullets and Carnage
TrannyMess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 11:17 AM   #4
America La

I bought America's bomber on ebay also I used this seller:
http://shop.ebay.com/lopalopa.vintag....c0.m270.l1313
Each item is different but they have accurate pictures of pretty much every part of the jacket, also the shipping is decent and over all the price isn't insane.
America La is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2010, 12:45 PM   #5
Vasooki
Official Kira Hunter

I recommend looking around lots of Goodwills and thrift stores. Thats where I found mine. It took me a while but I found a perfect one, and it was only 13$.
Vasooki is offline   Reply With Quote