Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Mass Effect

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 124 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 04-19-2010, 11:06 PM   #421
souzousei_kaish

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmwsg x View Post

Just a warning, if you do a Joker costume, I will squeal like a ridiculous fangirl xD
Oh gods, if that's true I'd better keep my boyfriend away from you, he's going to be Joker form my ME group. :P

I also have a Tali (finally) and may have to post pics of her as we get things done! I thought of a great way to make the mask, but the visor I'm still mulling ways around in my head. Any tips for that?

Unread 04-19-2010, 11:58 PM   #422
hmwsg x
Look at that hot bouffant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXIII View Post
On the weekend I got around to playing all the DLC for ME2, So this morning I decided to take some pictures. I got everything, Zaeed and Kasumi and their alternate costumes, the new casual outfit for Shepard and the alternate appearances for Garrus, Thane and Jack. I put them in a new album found here:
http://s741.photobucket.com/albums/x...13/DLC%20refs/
Enjoy.
I'll try to get some more work done on my costume soon. Recently went on a major Fallout 3 bender and then the Mass Effect DLC. I think I've got nagging urge to get my game on out of my system, for a while atleast.
Thanks for the new uploads Jeff! Every time I run around on the Normandy I'm ALWAYS staring at the seam lines on that dress. I'm so tempted but I just have a full plate...maybe I'll put off Miranda's alt suit. I'd love to have that dress for Pure Spec for a night on the town

Souzousei- hahaha Don't worry I'd never get glompy ...I'd just make strange squealy noises and flail my arms xD Bioware characters turn me into the weirdest fangirl (Kaidan, Joker, Alistair.... o.o)

About the visor, I used Razzah's cheap version of heat molding visors. I skipped the bondo mold so mine didn't have the same effect. I'm sure if you follow his version you'll get a nicer looking visor http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=176434
hmwsg x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 03:35 AM   #423
JXIII
Fist of Krosa

I know what you mean hmwsg x. I've learned over the years to only do one project at a time. Otherwise neither will get done. I'd love to try a quarian or Zaeed but I started working on my Shepard armour before thinking of other characters, so I'm sticking with it.
I don't want no Zeus, I want my Thor!

Last edited by JXIII : 04-20-2010 at 10:10 AM.
JXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 10:46 AM   #424
Tao nar Acen

souzousei, how is your boyfriend doing Joker's outfit? Is he going for the ME1 or ME2 uniform?
Tao nar Acen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 05:23 PM   #425
souzousei_kaish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao nar Acen View Post
souzousei, how is your boyfriend doing Joker's outfit? Is he going for the ME1 or ME2 uniform?
I think we're going to start with ME1 and might do ME2 later.

@hmwsg: Yeah, I know the feeling, I personally have a thing for Garrus, which makes me fear that I'll rape myself in costume once it's done....O_O
Unread 04-20-2010, 07:40 PM   #426
hmwsg x

Quote:
Originally Posted by souzousei_kaish View Post
@hmwsg: Yeah, I know the feeling, I personally have a thing for Garrus, which makes me fear that I'll rape myself in costume once it's done....O_O
Okay, I literally lol'd xD

Also, I ordered some sample swatches this week before I bought more fabric and just to let you guys know (I know really early on a few people were interested) this 'holographic' vinyl is awesome http://spandexworld.com/c3/catalog/product/2531 It could be something that is laid out over Shep's armor, part of tali's suit (turned diagonally for a more diamond shape)...whatever would be appropriate. Its really neato, I suggest you order a sample if you're interested.
Unread 04-20-2010, 09:06 PM   #427
Liquidfire3
.....see you later.

Quote:

Also, I ordered some sample swatches this week before I bought more fabric and just to let you guys know (I know really early on a few people were interested) this 'holographic' vinyl is awesome http://spandexworld.com/c3/catalog/product/2531 It could be something that is laid out over Shep's armor, part of tali's suit (turned diagonally for a more diamond shape)...whatever would be appropriate. Its really neato, I suggest you order a sample if you're interested.
Oooo, I love that stuff!

SpandexWorld is awesome, free samples FTW!

Cosplays in Progress
*True Form Midna: 45%
*Princess Rosalina (Super Mario Galaxy): 40%
*Phazon Zero Suit Samus: 10%
Liquidfire3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 10:20 AM   #428
souzousei_kaish

Quote:

Woah, very nice!

I plan to use underarmor and then put a fishnet bodysuit over it for my Tali.

Oh, and guess what? She lives on a street called Normandy Court. :P Just to prove it once we get the basics for Tali done we're gonna go take a pic by the street sign. xD I might even try to steal it! (jk, not into theft....or am I?)
Unread 04-21-2010, 01:30 PM   #429
hmwsg x

Liquid- I know, Spandexworld is so nice They estimated it'd take like 10 days but it got here in about 3.

Sou, I am definitely yoinking that fishnet idea. I was trying to figure out how to do Miranda's alt side...orange patches uhh this and I didn't even think of using fishnet. Hell, when I first saw the suit I thought "Oh god, is Miranda wearing fishnet?" (it was dimly lit, don't judge my eyesight!) so I have no idea why I didn't put two and two together.

Edit: also, for fun... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O6iaSoNsa0 Garrus needs to manage his money better >=( I'm actually surprised his voice isn't all that different...its like...he has a built in flanger

Last edited by hmwsg x : 04-21-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Unread 04-21-2010, 06:58 PM   #430
souzousei_kaish

Quote:
Liquid- I know, Spandexworld is so nice They estimated it'd take like 10 days but it got here in about 3.

Sou, I am definitely yoinking that fishnet idea. I was trying to figure out how to do Miranda's alt side...orange patches uhh this and I didn't even think of using fishnet. Hell, when I first saw the suit I thought "Oh god, is Miranda wearing fishnet?" (it was dimly lit, don't judge my eyesight!) so I have no idea why I didn't put two and two together.

Edit: also, for fun... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O6iaSoNsa0 Garrus needs to manage his money better >=( I'm actually surprised his voice isn't all that different...its like...he has a built in flanger
xD OMG it's brandon! Ok, now I'm gonna have to redo that as a skit....O_O
Unread 04-21-2010, 10:35 PM   #431
Shienar

I wonder if it would be possible for someone to cosplay the Illusive Man? Of course, then that person would have to carry around a smoke and a glass of scotch the entire convention.

The front of Joker's uniform looks like it might be made from leather or some type of armor. How would you go about making something like this? I'd like to maybe put together a Joker cosplay in the future.

Also, my hat is off to all of those people doing any alien races. That's a lot of work!
Shienar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 11:30 PM   #432
hmwsg x

Iono, Sou, I think a skit about a magic fridge would be good too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llPZL9eLc3Y

Shienar- hello I think its possible to do tIM but the eyes would be difficult to pull off. I've seen people carry around fake cigars/cigs at cons, so I think it'd be okay to do.

I'm not sure what the other Joker cosplayers are planning, but you could always make it from like...pleather + foam padding or just craft foam? I haven't thought about a crew shirt, really :<
Unread 04-22-2010, 12:55 AM   #433
Tao nar Acen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shienar View Post
I wonder if it would be possible for someone to cosplay the Illusive Man? Of course, then that person would have to carry around a smoke and a glass of scotch the entire convention.

The front of Joker's uniform looks like it might be made from leather or some type of armor. How would you go about making something like this? I'd like to maybe put together a Joker cosplay in the future.

Also, my hat is off to all of those people doing any alien races. That's a lot of work!
I thought the casual ME2 shirt was supposed to be something carbon fiber'ish.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/3...oker_large.jpg

Maybe something like these?

http://www.glfi.com/vinylbook_carbonfiber.htm
http://www.perfectfit.com/156710/pro...-Vinyl-54.html
http://www.carbonfibervinyl.com/
Tao nar Acen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2010, 01:22 AM   #434
thepayne78

Hey HMWSGX forgot to thank you last week for the spandex sewing tutorial as well as the link for the under armor one they should both be most helpful.

On a slightly different note does anyone have any suggestions on good first time sewing machine? Don't have one and if I am serious about making a costume probably would be a good idea for me to have one.
thepayne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2010, 04:04 AM   #435
HistorianofHell
Sorceress Supreme

Hahaha the youtube comments on that commercial are priceless.

"this never would have happened if he let Garrus calibrate that fridge." awesome.

Anyway!! I loved all the spandex links hmwsg_x! I'm trying a few fun little ideas for shepard's armor that I'll share with you guys once they're not melted bits of resin, lol. But let me say, making carbon-fiber that's not carbon-fiber is a BITCH.

Also, if you guys have any questions about fiberglass and the like, I use it all the time at work and we just finished molding Grunt's head in fiberglass! I've posted a few other blog posts on it, and there will be some on making the N7 armor probably in the next few days. I'm also going to be making the Grunt head out of foam latex (which we also do at work all the time, it smells really bad lol), so I'll have posts on that too. Foam latex is actually REALLLLYYY touchy, so I may have to do a few pulls before I get a good one.

Anyway, here's my blog! www.sorceryandglue.blogspot.com

Anyway, I love all your costumes, I wish you were all coming to comic con in san diego this year so we could do a super fun picture time.

Oh, and I'm terrible at skits. What do you guys think, punching the reporter and grunt being excited about it, or the launch trailer with femshep and the awesome ending speech before attacking the human reaper? Funny or awesome, or funny and awesome. Ugh I hate skits.

One day we'll all look back on this, smile awkwardly, and change the subject.

I make things that may or may not be scary.
HistorianofHell is offline   Reply With Quote