Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki

Unread 08-02-2009, 03:37 PM   #1
Skeptism

Ponyo Cosplay Help

Ever since the announce of a theatrical release of Ponyo in the U.S, I've wanted to cosplay Ponyo but I'm not sure how (first time).
Does anyone have any tips on how I should go about this or someone who's cosplayed Ponyo before?
Skeptism is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-14-2009, 10:14 PM   #2
XoPinkuSpiderxo
CandyHolic

if your not a kid they might mistake you for some lazy orphan annie - red dress red wig!
XoPinkuSpiderxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2009, 10:35 PM   #3
Thiefette
May All Your Bacon Burn

Not true at all about Ponyo! I just got back from watching the movie and I'm thinking about cosplaying her myself. And despite it being said that she is red, it's more of a pink color than anything. Nor is her hair curly or red either, it's a pinkish-red.

Like any costume, start with fabric and patterns! Look at patterns that look like Ponyo's dress (I highly suggest taking a few reference pictures with you to the fabric store!) Look for patterns for both the dress and the bloomers! I'd start with making the bloomers. If you've never sewn before, bloomers are a very simple thing to start off with making! I'd suggest a thicker fabric for the bloomers to help give it more of a poof!

A great thing about Ponyo's dress is there are shorter 'loli-styled' dresses in the costume section of almost all pattern books that have the poofy sleeves! After the dress is made, I'd hem it to a good point where your bloomers will still show like hers do!

I hope that helps at least a bit!
Thiefette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2009, 11:27 PM   #4
~Sango-chan~

Good luck!
I am making a Fujimoto cosplay (look at the post that says something about not being able to find striped fabric) and I have been thinking about how to do it for a while.

Like the above poster said: Ponyo's hair isn't curly (more somewhat wavy than anything) and is more pinkish-red

Are you doing the human ponyo [don't remember your first post]?
~Sango-chan~ is offline   Reply With Quote