Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-12-2010, 08:23 AM   #31
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

well i made a skirt out of it recently. figured it can be used. so hell why not lol

★Next Projects★
tsutaya is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-12-2010, 10:50 AM   #32
Athel
PUT YOUR GUNS ON!!

I understand.
I honestly haven't used it much myself.
Athel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2010, 06:36 AM   #33
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

i hadnt either. maybe only once before the skirt i made. i like the material though. its not htat bad to work with either.

★Next Projects★
tsutaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2010, 02:35 PM   #34
Luna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethai View Post
Not really sure if you want the anime or the manga one, but it might be easier to see in the anime. Here is a picture of (i think) the same (or at least similar) hat, but on another person (Gauche Suede).

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/1381/beefigure.png
You are SO awesome for posting Bee picture. We are planning to do small Letter Bee group for Fanime. I will be making Jiggy Pepper - CAUSE HE IS SUPER AWESOME BEE WITH SUPER AWESOME NAME! :-) And I friggen love this show - I think I cry during it as much as Lag does. XD.

Psycho-Pass
Magi Labyrinth of Magic
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2010, 08:59 AM   #35
KurataSayuri
IUSBJPCC President

I think the best way to go about making the Letter Bee hat, would be to get some adhesive gems. They're fairly cheap (about two bucks for a package of about forty) and you can get them the size you like best. (I would go with fairly small gems, as the design would look better with more gems instead of less.) One other piece of advice that I would recommend is not just assuming that the gems will stick and not fall off. get some fabric glue and make SURE they will stay and not fall off of the hat.

Hope this helps

ShutoCon 2012: Yukina [Yu Yu Hakusho]
ACEN 2012: Yukina [Yu Yu Hakusho] 100% Complete///Reaper [The World Ends With You] 100% Complete///Letter Bee [Tegami Bachi] 100% Complete
RamenCon 2012: TBA
Youmacon 2012: TBA
KurataSayuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2010, 10:41 AM   #36
lullaby1010
Coolest Noob

I used yellow acrylic gemstones for my hat.
Lemme tell you, flip-flop glue, works like a charm.

ACEN 2012:
Rainbow Dash- Friendship is Magic
Red Link- Legend of Zelda 4 Swords
lullaby1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2010, 05:18 PM   #37
tipsd9video
Juudaime!

I was thinking of buying this hat for Gauche. But idk if it would be easy to re-color. (I'm a noob lol)

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-American-Eag...item562e4f012d

Anyone know how I would be able to re-color that to a really dark blue? lol

EDIT: Nvrmnd I found a better hat ^^" lol

Last edited by tipsd9video : 02-28-2010 at 12:30 PM.
tipsd9video is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2010, 04:02 PM   #38
Saintbargabar

For ACEN this year I'm working on a Niche costume and my friend is going to try to be Roda.

The problem though is that we haven't really seen any color pics of Roda (that I know of. Correct me if I'm wrong) so she's having trouble with it. Does anyone have any color suggestions? The main outfit I think would be white. What color would you make the petal-like cloak(hard to explain, the part that's in strips), the flower in her hair, and her scarf? I've seen some people use pink and blue for the scarf but I'm leaning towards red, assuming it's the same scarf from when she's a dog.

Also for me, anyone have any tips for making Niche's gloves? I want them to look as poofy and formed as I can. I thought about having oven mitts underneath the fabric and maybe some stuffing added in but I'm not sure how it'd look.
Saintbargabar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2010, 04:45 PM   #39
StrudelCutie427
THAT WAS EASY.

ooh letter bee. <3 me and my friends want to do this in the future. i would be jiggy pepper, a friend as lag, one as gauche and one as a girl ; but she doesn't know who yet. who knows, maybe as time passes we get more people/friends to join in. :3
Unread 03-15-2010, 03:17 AM   #40
tipsd9video
Juudaime!

Me and my brother are cosplaying Lag and Gauche and idk what kind of Rhine Stones would stick to the the hat, can I have some help plz?
tipsd9video is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2010, 03:08 AM   #41
allany

I actually cosplayed Lag at Ax last year with my friend as Zaji. I don't really recommend bedazzler because from what I've seen, it's kind of bulky... but then again, the bee would probably be shinnier. The price for shininess though is detail. With the bedazzler, its really hard to make the bee look like a bee. I just used the iron on rhinestones from Michaels... they usually come in a skull pattern. My friend printed out a picture of the bee and we copied that by rearranging the stones. Turns out, we suck at ironing so I glued each stone individually. Sorry if that didn't help.

here's a pic of my hat thing http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2139653/

Last edited by allany : 04-16-2010 at 03:16 AM.
allany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #42
animekrazy123
Kazuki

I'm crossplaying as gauche and i already have the rhinestones, i say go get rhinestones and glue them on individually!

and also if you have a swami (like a cheap local sales market place usually where people sell things for cheap under tents), they sell some pretty good fabric for cheap.
I stopped going to Joanne's after i discovered how much more stuff they sold there, but i still go to joanne's for specialty things that swami doesn't sell or clothe that's expensive.
animekrazy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 06:06 AM   #43
Miruku-no-Aisu

I really really want to try cosplay Gauche now but I don't even know where to start >_< any suggestions?
Miruku-no-Aisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #44
KurataSayuri
IUSBJPCC President

My biggest suggestion (pending you have the ability to sew), is to get a pattern that fits the outfit. There are a few suit jacket patterns from Simplicity that work - I used one of those for my particular costume. If you aren't craft savvy, look online or in thrift shops for a suit jacket that may be the right color. (Which is harder than it sounds.) As for the pants, depending on your size you'll be able to find the right color if you have a Wal*mart near you. (I've looked, and they're generally the same wherever you go.) They'll be in the scrubs section of the store. The rest is just accessories. I ended up sewing my own hat (with another pattern from Simplicity), and making an outline of the bee with a white tracing pencil. I then glued flat-backed gems from JoAnn's into the outline. The white scarf is probably the easiest accessory to make. The bag is a take or leave accessory. I've never used one with my costume, but I have a black side-bag that I use to complete the outfit.

I hope this helps!

ShutoCon 2012: Yukina [Yu Yu Hakusho]
ACEN 2012: Yukina [Yu Yu Hakusho] 100% Complete///Reaper [The World Ends With You] 100% Complete///Letter Bee [Tegami Bachi] 100% Complete
RamenCon 2012: TBA
Youmacon 2012: TBA
KurataSayuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #45
BruisedBlood
Your demon butler

im doing letter bee-lag seeing for AnimeNext :]
oAttending NYCC? come check out my thread and post there
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...07#post4620307

(\/)
( . .)
c(")(")