Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Nekocon

Unread 08-14-2003, 12:10 PM   #1
TokyoCutie
Kawaii!!

Anything I need to know?

Nekocon is going to be my first con! Is there anything I should know?

-TokyoCutie aka Ina
Let Me Be With You
Let Me Be With You
Nakitakunaruno
TokyoCutie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-14-2003, 12:41 PM   #2
Kas
For the luv of cosplay

hmmm.. well I've been to four Nekocons.. The only thing that I don't like is the Saturday night dance.. The funk factor goes off the scale. Other than that.. I always have a good time there.

Member of INSIGNIA N.I.X :Insignia Venus
Kas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2003, 10:07 PM   #3
EvaFriedel

As far as Neko goes, I can't suggest all that much, as the only one I've been to is 2001. However, based on the other 8 cons I have been to, I can think of two words of advice that always makes 'em go better. First, make your hotel reservations well in advance. If the con's in a hotel, it's always a lot more fun if you're in THE hotel, not across the freeway, down the street, etc. Second, when you're at the con, take care of yourself. Bring comfortable shoes if you think you'll be walking a lot, get however much sleep it takes for you to function comfortably, and make sure you eat, and get enough fluids. Nothing makes a con worse than feeling miserable.
EvaFriedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2003, 10:46 PM   #4
Recca-kun

Aside from standard Conventioneering 101, Nekocon has been in the same hotel for five of the past six years (Nekocon 3 was in Chesapeake instead). It seemed crowded IMO last year, so it probably will be this year.
Recca-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2003, 11:04 PM   #5
Kas
For the luv of cosplay

yea it was crowded last year.. I'm wondering when they will move to a bigger convention.. My first Neko was the one they had in Cheasapeake Bay and I thought that one sucked because it was split up in two buildings. The dealer room was in the convention center and the rest was in the hotel. But it seems more and more people go to Neko with each year.
Kas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2003, 01:51 AM   #6
Midknight
Agent X

::Ponders having a convention in the middle of the Chesapeake Bay:: hmmm... watery! LOL XD

Was it held at the Chesapeake Convention Center in the Greenbriar area? That's like 10 minutes (or less) from my house... Although I've only been inside there once. It's weird that they split it up...

While I haven't attended Nekocon before, I have been by the Holiday Inn that it is held in many times... It does look to be rather small for a con. I can see why it will be moved next year.
Midknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2003, 12:22 PM   #7
Recca-kun

It will be interesting to see where it is next year...

Oh, and here's a link for actual Con 101 stuff: http://www.animeinfo.org/animeu/cons101.html
Recca-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2003, 10:30 PM   #8
laamberry

0.0 wow...so many people so close to were i live....i live in kitty hawk,nc..i'v never been to a con before...yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! people that i can actully make contact with!!!!!!! i don't know any people down here who like anime...*looks depressed* i'm only 12 of corse.....but that dousen't change the fact that i am a exsperinced anime fan!!!!!!!!..ok...'m sorry...this is why people think i'm weird...*sweatdrop* and i am weird....bye guys ^_^.
laamberry is offline   Reply With Quote