Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-31-2012, 11:22 AM   #241
stephhxstar

Yeah you go to Paint, or even better something like Microsoft Office Picture Manager, and just resize it to the 200 x 200 size.
stephhxstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-31-2012, 09:30 PM   #242
Lurrdoc
[SHSL ???]

I've done the above and sometimes my pictures show up massive on paint. It all depends on your camera. I'll suggest you a way if paint doesn't work for you.

1 - Go to a resizing website and resize it to the appropriate size for the upload.
2 - Right click the image they provide for you and select Save As...
3 - Save it to your downloads folder or wherever your downloads go.
4 - Upload it to the website through the folder you saved the image in.

| deviantArt | tumblr | MyAnimeList |

| Rock Lee - 90% | Relius Clover - 85% | Gunha Sogiita - 65% |
Lurrdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 01:22 AM   #243
Neko-Zombie
I'm not a zombie XD

Upload problems

hi, I've been trying to upload some photos of mine but I cam across a small problem.
Everytime I try to upload my photos in the right areas they don't seem to show up at all, I waited for a week and still nothing.
Any help please?
Neko-Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2012, 01:09 AM   #244
Lady Platinum
Fear my gyaru nails

hi! I was wondering what is happening with my profile pic, I have tried to upload it and I made sure that it is 200x200 and a jpeg format, but it still wont work. Once i have uploaded it it shows up in the little box place on the page, but when i view my profile it is not there. I tried loging out then loging back in, but it still won't work, please tell me whats happening and how I can fix it. Thank you!
Lady Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #245
Euu Animaal

I have pictures "not exist" and will not let me delete them, I have to do?
Euu Animaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2012, 01:13 AM   #246
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Euu Animaal = I just removed the blanks in your gallery for you.

Everybody else: I haven't been in this thread for a while, so I'm not sure who has resolved their questions...but if anyone is still having any issues, I will try to answer any upload/saving problem that includes an attachment of the photo so I can look at it. (And I'll still also remove the blank-ghost images/pages, too.)
Unread 02-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #247
Euu Animaal

Oh, thank you Yui!♥ And sorry for the incovenient.
Euu Animaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #248
Hoshi26
Cosplay apprentice

.jpg file rejection

For some reason the forum has been rejecting my .jpg pictures when I try to upload them into a forum post. The pictures are 3.2 MB, so do you think size could be an issue? Also, how do I resize it?
Hoshi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #249
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshi26 View Post
For some reason the forum has been rejecting my .jpg pictures when I try to upload them into a forum post. The pictures are 3.2 MB, so do you think size could be an issue? Also, how do I resize it?
Yep. That is way super-huge. O_o The max size for gallery uploads is 450 kb (and generally, photos in the correct dimensions will be 100-200 kb easily) and I believe the forum attachments have about the same requirements. You can either use a program on your own computer or use a free online picture resizer of your choosing.
Unread 02-20-2012, 12:25 AM   #250
nikitachikita

Exclamation Uploaded Photos Issues??

Hello (and I hope I'm posting this in the right place, I'm terrible with forums...),

I'm having trouble with some of the photos that I've uploaded to the site.

One issue is that there's a photo that somehow was uploaded multiple times, and when I tried to delete the duplicates, the photo icon disappeared but the titles for the photo remains. When I went in and tried to delete it again, it doesn't even give me an option to select them anymore.

The other is issue is.. according to my uploaded photos, I have 4,294,967,295 uploaded.... But I've only uploaded 23 photos... HELP~! Lol

Thanks so much for your time~!
Nikita
nikitachikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #251
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

nikitachikita = I got rid of your phantom images for you - just let us know if you end up with any more in the future.

As far as the massive miscount of photos in your gallery - that is a known (and very very old) bug that's actually pretty common around here. Only Admin can fix that one, so there's not much that can be done until the new version of the site finally comes. It shouldn't affect browsing the gallery otherwise, though. O_o
Unread 02-21-2012, 05:19 AM   #252
Minako Aino
Sailor Venus

Hi!
I wanted to change my profile icon, and I successfully uploaded a 200x200 Ranka avatar. Problem: when I go to my profile, the old Malon avatar still appears. I changed it 1 week ago... It looks like the new one just doesn't want to replace the old one. What's happening? :/

EDIT: to make things clear:

but:

When you search for me in the member database, the new one shows. But when I post pictures or answer to/post comments, it's still the old one.

Last edited by Minako Aino : 02-21-2012 at 05:29 AM. Reason: added pictures + text
Minako Aino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 09:15 AM   #253
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Minako Aino = I am seeing your new icon on your profile page from here. On your own computer, the older icon is most likely cached in your browser's history, so you just have to force it to display the new file for you.
For that, all you should need to do is go to your Profile page ( or directly to the image itself, which is here = http://www.cosplay.com/i/members/200/30343.jpg ) and press reload while holding down the shift key.
Unread 02-22-2012, 05:04 AM   #254
Minako Aino
Sailor Venus

Oh ok, it worked! Thank you very much!
Minako Aino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #255
Almar

Hello! Well... as I've seen (read) I'm not the only one with this problem, I've been uploading photos and suddenly in the gallery appear a lot of them (well, 7 of them) with just the name and no photo and I can't delete them ¿can I do something to fix it?

Thank you! ^^
Almar is offline   Reply With Quote