Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 29 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-21-2011, 09:50 AM   #61
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui View Post
Blood_Sword = There is no way to fix that date bug, as it is an error at the time of upload. It seems to happen when your file is oversized, but just a little bit = so the page does generate without an error, but the resizer can't handle the last step to actually post the image. The best way to avoid that is to resize your photos before letting the built-in gallery one attempt that. (Such as, in Photoshop, save "optimized" + "save for web" + also make sure your dpi is 72.)
At this point, even if you reupload the file again, the date will not change, though. (If the incorrect date bothers you, though, you can delete the page totally and reupload, but you'll loose the views and comments, obviously.)
Actually, I resize all of my pictures on Imageshack to the exact same size (I think it was 640x480) before I upload them and still only those two (that I've found so far) got the error. I re-uploaded them yesterday and they seem ok now, and I uploaded the exact same file as before.

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version
Eren Yeager (casual outfit) - Attack on Titan

*~Next con I'm attending~*
??? ??? (?? 2015)
SAT ???
SUN ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-21-2011, 11:30 AM   #62
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Blood_Sword = This still sounds like you are right on the line as far as the file size requirement (your file might be rounding its actual number.) Photos, even the exact pixel dimensions can be slightly different file size due to color saturation (a black and white or a low saturated photo will always be a bit smaller than a bright vibrant image.) And files right on the line of size requirements might be digestible by the site's resizer when reloaded individually but just not work on the initial bulk upload.

If you would like though, you can attach the original files in a post in this thread, and I can look at them directly instead of just guessing. ^_^;
Unread 02-21-2011, 11:55 AM   #63
ChibiTeapot
Certified Cat Lady

I tried to upload photos to this costume: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/334969/
I uploaded one picture, but I can't seem to upload any others. I'm trying to upload them one at a time like you said, but It still won't work. Am I doing something wrong?
ChibiTeapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 05:49 PM   #64
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

ChibiTeapot = Attach your photo files in your reply so we can look at them to see.
Unread 02-22-2011, 10:43 AM   #65
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

It's okey, thanks for all the helpful information Yui. ^_^

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version
Eren Yeager (casual outfit) - Attack on Titan

*~Next con I'm attending~*
??? ??? (?? 2015)
SAT ???
SUN ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2011, 03:51 PM   #66
StaticNekoX
staticnekox

Hi Yui, I got a problem. I try to fix my picture to go into my Profile Icon But when i try to put in for it to be 200x200 it wants to go 200x300 and if i put in 100 it goes to 250 and like 133 put it at 133x200. For some reason its not wanting to let me put 200x200 do you know what im doing wrong? It still will not let it go at 133x200. Thanks!
StaticNekoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2011, 06:18 PM   #67
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

StaticNekoX = Your profile icon needs to be a perfect square and exactly 200 pixels on each side, and it sounds like your image is a rectangle. (Your image program is probably trying to scale proportionally when resizing, so the one side doesn't end up looking squashed or stretched.)
You'll either need to crop some of the image to make the format a square shape -or- add a blank area to the side of the canvas if you want to preserve the portrait format of the entire image.
Unread 03-01-2011, 09:13 PM   #68
YueYing

Question What does it mean, when i wantFatal error: Allowed memory size o to upload my photos:

hello,

in last two weeks I tried to upload my photos but every time I do it.
There comes this:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 12676 bytes) in /home/cosplay/public_html/user_photos.php on line 754

can anybody help me.

lg vanessa
YueYing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 03:42 AM   #69
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

YueYing = Your photos are just a little too large. Be sure to resize them in both pixel dimension and file size according to the first post above. (Saving them at 72 dpi and "optimized for web/screen" is also recommended.)

If you still have any problems after trying that, feel free to attach the original files to this thread for more help.
Unread 03-04-2011, 06:14 AM   #70
Moon.lei

I have recently added 2 new costumes but am un-able to add a photo icon. I resized the jpeg file to 200x200 but when I upload I receive the following message:

"Warning: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: Filename cannot be empty in /user_costumes.php on line 444"

I tried at first several weeks ago thinking it might be temp problem but it still persists. Can you help explain this error?
Moon.lei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2011, 02:54 PM   #71
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Moon.lei = That sounds...pretty weird, actually. Can you attach those two files in a reply so we can check to make sure that they aren't breaking the image uploader for some reason?
Unread 03-07-2011, 10:40 PM   #72
Dan.I.Elle
Baby got back

Hi!
I'm having a problem uploading a new profile icon. I've changed it in the past and I know it takes a little bit of time for it to register, but I've been trying for about 3 or 4 weeks now to change it with no luck. I tried several different avatars, all 200x200, and deleting the previous avatar before I upload a new one. When I go to the profile icon tab it shows the latest image I uploaded so I'm not sure if it changed and I can't see it or....what's up. Sorry if I'm missing some really easy step and just missed it >_<
Dan.I.Elle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2011, 11:59 PM   #73
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Dan.I.Elle = What is it supposed to be right now? On your profile page, I'm seeing a close-up of your elementalist. (If that's correct, just hold down the shift key while reloading your profile page so you can see that, too.)
Unread 03-08-2011, 01:56 AM   #74
Dan.I.Elle
Baby got back

Yui-

The picture is supposed to be this one, is it the one you saw?
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2862778/

I tried holding down the shift key but I just saw the same picture that I've been trying to get off of my icon lol.
Dan.I.Elle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2011, 03:04 AM   #75
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Yep, that is the photo in your profile square that I see.

Try clicking on the direct link to the icon here = http://www.cosplay.com/i/members/200/173266.jpg
...and reload that image page directly. See if that works for you.