Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-30-2011, 01:46 AM   #91
Drewsiefer

Yeah your opening post answered my question. My pics were over the 900 pixel mark. So yeah, that was answered. Thanks for the help!
Drewsiefer is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-30-2011, 12:19 PM   #92
SirAuronPD

Posting Picture Problems

I've been trying for a couple hours now to post pictures of my latest cosplay to my profile. I have tried uploading photos and the page seems to load properly, but never uploads my photos.

Is there a large amount of time delay between trying to upload them and the pictures actually showing up?
SirAuronPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 04:10 PM   #93
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

SirAuronPD = There shouldn't be any delay in the photos showing up. I do see a couple of photos in your gallery dated today, though - so did you get it all to work out or are you still having trouble?
Unread 04-11-2011, 01:16 AM   #94
Axelai
I'm Awesome

I've tried to add this picture about ten times now. I keep getting an error that says this, or something similar.

Quote:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8268 bytes) in /home/cosplay/public_html/user_photos.php on line 754
That looks to me like the picture is too big, right? So I resized it down. Again. And again. And again. Now the quality is insanely crappy as I try to resize it. Its frustrating now :I

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 02:53 AM   #95
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Axelai = That definitely is a size issue error, but there is plenty of leeway to make sure the photos don't have to be compressed overly so that image quality suffers. (Are you using PhotoShop? Something else? You should be able to "Save for Web" rather than simply normal save, and it will optimize it for screen resolution and keep also the file size very trim.) Attach the original file to the thread, and we can look at it though if you still are having problems.
Unread 04-12-2011, 07:47 AM   #96
jiffyspiffy
Quit

Is it possible to delete costumes?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out C:

Last edited by jiffyspiffy : 04-12-2011 at 07:56 AM.
jiffyspiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 12:39 AM   #97
Ruby_Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui View Post
Ruby_Crown = Yep, the profile photo must be exactly 200 pixels square. The max file size in kb is 19.5 kb (and a small image resized for screen resolution of 72 dpi will be no where close to that max.)
If you have any other problems, you can attach your file to this thread so we can look at it.
Sorry for my tardiness Yui. Thank you for your reply and info though.
I'm hoping to get my icon pic sorted out sometime soon.
Kind regards.
Ruby_Crown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2011, 12:57 PM   #98
aznwolverine
I lika do da cha cha

I want to replace a photo with a more updated one. It's jpg and fits all the file limit and pixel limit restrictions. It's not showing up as updated. What did you all do to fix this? Any ideas?
aznwolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2011, 02:52 PM   #99
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

aznwolverine = What photo is it? (And what should it look like?)

Ruby_Crown = It's okay! XD If you get stuck, feel free to come back.
Unread 04-18-2011, 01:30 AM   #100
SilentKoala
Bow

WTF? photos not working...

I've tried uploading some photos to my Link Cosplay album a good 5 times and it still says there are zero photos in my album... site is broken today or what?
"It will soon be possible to transmit wireless messages all over the world so simply that any individual can carry and operate his own apparatus - an inexpensive instrument not bigger than a watch, which will enable its bearer to hear anywhere on sea or land for distances of thousands of miles. One may listen or transmit speech or song to the uttermost parts of the world." - Nikola Tesla, 1909
SilentKoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2011, 03:09 AM   #101
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

SilentKoala = Did you receive an error message or did you see the "file uploaded successfully" page? Also, attach one of your photo files in your reply so we can double-check it meets the photo upload requirements.
Unread 04-18-2011, 09:13 AM   #102
KratosAurion28

I´m in need of some help.

Lately I have been uploading cosplay shots example this one; http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2904480/ and when I put my friends coscom ID number in the field "Photographer" there were you edit a photo then this error appears:

"SQL/DB Error -- [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'do')' at line 1]"

And it only appears if I put my friends coscom ID number 237708 (Zhen´do) in the field, I have put other members too, just to test. And they work as it should. I have tried to clear the cookies, restarting the computer, deleting and uploading photos several times, but nothing helps. If I upload a photo and don´t put Zhen´do´s ID on the photographer field, then it uploads the photo as normal.

What could be done to this?

Next con: Närcon 2014 (24-27/7 - 2014) Linköping, Sweden
THU - ???
FRI - ???
SAT - ???
SUN - ???

Last edited by KratosAurion28 : 04-18-2011 at 03:00 PM.
KratosAurion28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2011, 06:51 PM   #103
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

KratosAurion28 = You know, that is a bizarre bug. I tried adding in that for you on my end with the same result. I think it may be related to the other apostrophe-related issues elsewhere in the galleries (the apostrophe signals coding, even though it's just supposed to be a name) - in which case, we have to wait until Admin fixes it with a site upgrade. Sorry about the inconvenience for now. ^_^; You can still of course manually credit the photographer in your caption at least. And please be sure to leave a note in the Bugs Thread, so there is another recorded instance of the issue.
Unread 04-19-2011, 10:51 PM   #104
SilentKoala
Bow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui View Post
SilentKoala = Did you receive an error message or did you see the "file uploaded successfully" page? Also, attach one of your photo files in your reply so we can double-check it meets the photo upload requirements.
Neither, once the upload got to 100% in the taskbar it just reloaded the page...

The attachment thing on this post does not work either. There's nothing funky about the photo it's just a normal jpg from a digital camera... works fine when i open it on my comp
"It will soon be possible to transmit wireless messages all over the world so simply that any individual can carry and operate his own apparatus - an inexpensive instrument not bigger than a watch, which will enable its bearer to hear anywhere on sea or land for distances of thousands of miles. One may listen or transmit speech or song to the uttermost parts of the world." - Nikola Tesla, 1909
SilentKoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2011, 10:56 AM   #105
°Kamui°
Nightelf Druid

Can you repair my photo please?
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2908441/
I get this error:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 23330869 bytes) in /home/cosplay/public_html/zinclude/photo.php on line 280