Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-21-2011, 05:31 AM   #121
Zenyslev

Hi! All my photos are in the Uncategorized gallery and I got some phantom images. Please help. http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/a269830/
Zenyslev is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-22-2011, 02:49 AM   #122
Kurokaze Ame
Inuyasha's Girl

Hello!! How Can I Crop An Image To Exactly 200x200?
Kurokaze Ame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2011, 08:13 AM   #123
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

DM7DragonFyre = It shouldn't take 20 minutes to load a photo, even on a very slow connection. Likely, your photos are too large a file and are confusing the uploader, but we don't know for sure unless you attach the files in question to this thread so we can look at them directly.

seawaterwitch = Your phantom images have been deleted. ^_-

marmitelj = See the first post to learn how to attach the photo to this thread so we can see it.

Sakaiyo = It's probably changed already for everyone else, but stuck in your own browser cache. (What is it supposed to be?) Hold down the shift key while pressing reload to fix that.

Onirica = No fix on the date issue has been posted yet. (Some of my own photos are victims of that bug, too.) From what I can see on my end, the large size does seem to be the same image as the small version though. Is this what the image is supposed to look like?
http://images.cosplay.com/big/29/2931010.jpg

Enigma R Draven = I think I answered your question in the other thread.

Zenyslev = All your phantom images are cleared.
Also, all uploaded photos are added to the uncategorized category by default, unless you first create your own personal albums to stick them in. You can make as many of your own albums here =
http://www.cosplay.com/user_photos.p...=albums&do=add
…and then, once the albums are created, those options will be available to stick past and future photos in. (For the old photos, just click on the "Edit Photo" on the left side underneath your photo caption.)

Kurokaze Ame = PhotoShop (or any other Adobe program) or even whatever your default image viewer is. You should be able to select an exactly even square by holding down the shift key while selecting. Then crop it and resize it to 200 pixels. There are also a bunch of online avatar/icon makers out there, too.
Unread 05-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #124
Zenyslev

Thanks for the advice Yui. Yeah the ghost pictures are gone now.
Zenyslev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 10:34 AM   #125
Onirica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui View Post
Onirica = No fix on the date issue has been posted yet. (Some of my own photos are victims of that bug, too.) From what I can see on my end, the large size does seem to be the same image as the small version though. Is this what the image is supposed to look like?
http://images.cosplay.com/big/29/2931010.jpg
I reuploaded older version in that photo and upload the new version in anther photo (sorry if i shouldnt do it) the photo should be seen like this http://images.cosplay.com/big/29/2937976.jpg and the image that you obtained in large version was this http://images.cosplay.com/big/29/2931010.jpg

If you want i can redit the photo so you can compare them. But I think you can see the bug in every photo affected by the date bug.
Onirica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 04:24 PM   #126
Ryoko-and-Yami
SO inappropriate!

Ghost Photo

There this ghost photo in my gallery that says it was uploaded in 1969, but I can't click on it to remove it. http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/137536/ How can I get rid of it?

Need a wig styled? Ask me! http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s...?product=48369

Currently selling a variety of wigs, costumes, anime, and manga! Check it out! http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s...0/ppuser/50381
Ryoko-and-Yami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 05:47 PM   #127
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Ryoko-and-Yami = Your ghost image is gone. Let us know if it happens to ya again.

Onirica = I see what you mean. The updated image with the color correction isn't showing up in the large size. I have seen that happen occasionally before, and I think it just takes the photo database a few days to update the large version, so let's see if it does. (And it's okay to upload a duplicate in your gallery of the nicer version.)
Yui is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 09:21 PM   #128
Kurokaze Ame
Inuyasha's Girl

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui View Post
Kurokaze Ame = PhotoShop (or any other Adobe program) or even whatever your default image viewer is. You should be able to select an exactly even square by holding down the shift key while selecting. Then crop it and resize it to 200 pixels. There are also a bunch of online avatar/icon makers out there, too.
Thanks For Your Help!! :3
Unread 05-25-2011, 09:57 AM   #129
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

I don't know if this has been asked before... but sometimes when I upload cosplay pictures they will, instead of going after the latest upload (down) they sometimes appear before the first picture or even right in the middle, but that's rarer.
I don't know how to really explain this, but it annoys me so much so that I always check directly when I've uploaded something to see if that happened or not... and if it did, then I will delete the photo just because of that. And try to upload it later.
But sometimes I keep getting this "error" no matter how many times I upload the same photo and it's driving me crazy. ;_; Like today for example.
Help? Why do this happen and is it possible to fix?

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Luxray (gijinka) - Pokémon

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Gakupo Kamui (original casual) - Vocaloid
SAT ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 01:36 PM   #130
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Blood_Sword = You can attach some examples of photos this has happened with so I'm not just guessing...but I'm guessing that some of your photos were a good file size already and some needed to be resized manually by the site uploader (and thus took longer to post, while the other ones went up instantly.) The easy way to be sure to always avoid this is to only upload one photo at a time, though.
Unread 05-25-2011, 01:52 PM   #131
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

I did upload them one by one, but still got the error. I've tried over 5 times with the first one and it always happens.
It's these two photos affected at the moment:

EDIT: I just tested again with the exact same file and everything and now it worked like it should. Picture in right place.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sdc11046no.jpg (91.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg sdc11019q.jpg (94.8 KB, 0 views)

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Luxray (gijinka) - Pokémon

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Gakupo Kamui (original casual) - Vocaloid
SAT ???

Last edited by Blood_Sword : 05-26-2011 at 02:00 AM.
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2011, 10:42 PM   #132
Akuma_senpaiJES

Picture help?

I'm a mac user and I'm trying to upload pictures, but can't I've resized and cropped them over and over, but still nothing. Any tips? Thank you for all your help.
Akuma_senpaiJES is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2011, 03:03 AM   #133
navigated
Derp.

I've got some ghost images, I did a search to see if I could remove them myself but no such luck. Any help mods? There are two on page 4 as well. Thanks!
http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/a88508/

navigated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2011, 07:15 AM   #134
Yukinosama
aka Rhikara

Never mind! ^-^;

Last edited by Yukinosama : 05-31-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Yukinosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2011, 09:58 AM   #135
tenleid
wait what

My profile icon wont change! I tried to change it from a close up of my face to a photo of me and 1 other cosplayer friend. It uploads fine, but when I go to my profile its still the close up of my face! when i click to change it, it says the new picture IS my icon. I tried clicking delete icon, but the close up of my face wont go away..
tenleid is offline   Reply With Quote