Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 05-24-2002, 12:00 AM   #1
Pipneko
Pie-eater

Question Armor help? ((Sesshoumaru))

Wow! My first post! I didn't even know that this site existed till a few minutes ago... ^_^' It'll definatly come in handy! lol! ^_^ anyhoo, to buisness...

I'm in the midst of making a sesshoumaru costume from Inuyasha, and am wondering what to make the silver portion of his armor out of. I have access to almost any tool, be it a vacuformer, or a hot glue gun, etc.... and short of making the thing out of metal, I'm wondering what you all think would be a good idea to use. ^.^ I'm thinking maybe tight wire mesh with either plaster (My last choice... >.<) or fiberglass over it, then sand it and spray it silver...? what do you all think? well, I hope to chat again! ja'ne!

~Pip
Pipneko is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-24-2002, 08:37 AM   #2
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

> and short of making the thing out of metal

I don't know the shape of the silver on that character's costume, but metal will always look more like metal than any spraypaint.

And sheet metal is actually pretty easy to work with, so unless you need something with lots of curves on the surface (not the edges that's easy) I'd really go with that.
Unread 05-24-2002, 12:10 PM   #3
Philia Philis
I <3 Peppermint Patties!

Hello hello! Welcome, Pip! I'm Erin! ^^ *gives Pip a Peppermint Pattie* I really like that! Pip! It's so cute! ^o^ Pip! Pip! Pip!
Er.. Sorry. Can't help myself. ^^; Pip!

I agree with Rosiel! If it's supposed to be metal, definitely try using sheet metal first and foremost. Fiberglass works best as armor that's supposed to look like it's shiny and lacquered and whatnot. ^^

Pip! ^^
Philia Philis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2002, 01:09 PM   #4
Pipneko
Pie-eater

lol! I'm glad you're amused by my name. lol! ^__^ anyhoo.. here's a pic.. ((It occured to me later that peole may not know what the char looks like. lol))

http://sesshoumaru.tripod.com/Anime/...sshousama5.jpg

^_^ It's odd... silver, but doesn't look like metal... ^.^ anyhoo.. yeah. ^_^' I'm still working on the kimono, so I have a ways to go. ^_^'
Unread 05-24-2002, 01:20 PM   #5
Pipneko
Pie-eater

lol! ^_^ I'm also dressing as Miroku... hee hee. ^_^ ((don't have to get awig for that one...)) ^_^' Oh ho ho ho! have any pix of your costume? ^__^ anyhoo, I'll be wearing it to Otakon this summer. ^__^ ((all exited.)) wee!
Unread 05-24-2002, 01:29 PM   #6
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

Tripod does not allow direct linking. ;____;

And I have to ask is the "Pip" part of your name "Pip" from Chrono Cross or do I play too many video games? LOL (I remember a pip-demon a pip-angel but no pip-neko
Unread 05-24-2002, 01:34 PM   #7
Pipneko
Pie-eater

bwah. >.< well, it's not my website anyhoo,s o I shouldn't have linked it. ^_^' I'll upload one to my website. any re: pip... I'm really into LOTR (Lord of the Rings) and Pippin is my favorite character... also, we (my friends and I) have an ongoing joke, involving two of my nicknames, one Being Pip (because of my LOTR obsessiveness and whatnot...) and Neko (because I'm odd, and it's a long story... lol.) so, I just put them together. ^_^' Normally, I'm "Pippin" in forums, but I wanted a change, and "Nekoyasha" is just so over done. >.< lol. I need my playstation back from my friend. lol. ^_^'
Unread 05-27-2002, 12:48 PM   #8
Mei Lan Chang
Its a "shoulder massager"

Philia put up a huge fiberglass post. Read there if you haven't already! *disapears in a haze of pink bunnies*