Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler

Unread 08-27-2009, 02:49 PM   #1
h a r u

Ciel's cane?

Hello, I'm new to making props and all that =3=, so does anyone have any ideas on how to make Ciel Phantomhive's cane? 8'D

Preferably not out of wood, or some materials I can't get easily D8

Thanks~
h a r u is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-27-2009, 03:48 PM   #2
o01101011
Just call me Digit

...You can't get dowels easily?
And please post a reference.
o01101011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2009, 08:49 PM   #3
makeshiftwings

Yeah, I'd get a wooden dowel from Michael's and use super sculpey to make the bottom and top pieces. Use epoxy to glue them on!
AFO - Possessed Wander (Friday); Earth Kingdom Toph with Fire Nation Cloak (Saturday & Sunday)
Dragon*con - Toph Bei Fong (Sunday)

Planned Cosplays

Okami Amaterasu (Planning) [Completion Date: ???]
makeshiftwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2009, 09:19 PM   #4
Kelley
Devil of Details

I can't quite picture his cane off the top of my head - but you might even be able to just buy a similar one.

You can also buy a dowel rod as suggested - I almost did that once for a cane. : D
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2009, 09:31 PM   #5
GORGEOUScissors
MEKIseki

hmm well, are you making the one with the skull on top?

maybe you could use an old chair leg as your base. or if you can't take apart a chair, or would rater find another way, maybe you could go to home depot and find one of those stair handrail bar thingys (sorry, not sure what they're called) and then sand it down and paint it.since halloween is coming up soon, plastic skulls should be easy to find. 8D

hope this helps
GORGEOUScissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2009, 11:50 AM   #6
h a r u

Alright, thanks ^^ I'll go look for materials on the weekend xDD
h a r u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2009, 11:55 AM   #7
Hawkstra
Bestower of nicknames

And a random idea, if you're thinking about doing one of the anime-versions of it... I seem to recall one with a chess piece on the top? If you made a big chess piece out of Sculpey clay and glued that to the top of your dowel... Might be interesting... If that's the version you want....
Unread 02-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #8
Cloudsofsand

Quote:
hmm well, are you making the one with the skull on top?

maybe you could use an old chair leg as your base. or if you can't take apart a chair, or would rater find another way, maybe you could go to home depot and find one of those stair handrail bar thingys (sorry, not sure what they're called) and then sand it down and paint it.since halloween is coming up soon, plastic skulls should be easy to find. 8D

hope this helps
Uhmm...Yeah, I wouldn't suggest doing that. Not only is it ruining furniture but also it will be too thick then, the cane is basically just straight. I am making Ciel's cane as well (the one with the skull on top) and I am using a dowel and painting it and using sculpy clay for the rest..it's a lot easier and cheaper than ripping apart furniture and hoping to find a skull ^^;
Unread 02-10-2011, 12:07 AM   #9
Umbamabumba
The Overlord of Fire

I,m not sure which version of Ciel's cane your preferring to as you don't have a reference picture, Anywho for the version of Ciel's cane with the curved topper( I plan on making this version of the cane myself in the near future) As has been suggested already I would make base of the cane from a Dowell Rod and paint, as for the handle piece ontop of the cane I'd recommended making it out of sculpy clay then fasten it onto the dowell rod by either drilling a hole into the handle,drilling a dowell screw into the dowell rod, then connect the two pieces together. Or respectively as said before glue the sculpy onto the dowell rod.
If it's the cane with the skull topper, I'd say make the skull piece out of sculpy clay.
Unread 02-24-2011, 04:31 PM   #10
MaikusRequiem
Comrade Tsunderevich

I made a my Ciel cane using a styrofoam skull I got from CVS that I hallowed out the bottom of and hot glued down, Dowel I painted black and blue ribbon.
Conneticon
Otakon

2012 Cosplays
Masaomi Kida-Durarara!!
Sailor Moon-Sailor Moon
Orphan Anya/Anastasia-Anastasia
Ange Ushiromiya-Umineko no Naku Koro
MaikusRequiem is offline   Reply With Quote