Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Youmacon

Unread 08-29-2009, 02:42 PM   #1
Raiji Magiwind
The Overload Alchemist

Forgotten Folk...The Rare, The Odd and the Inbetween

Oo... I forgot to make this over here...>>...Thread is also at the Youmacon boards...

Welcome the thread for "Forgotten Folk...The Rare, The Odd and the Inbetween"

For those who are probably wondering what this is all about, I am looking entertaining the idea of organizing a shoot for all the odd costuming folks planning to attend Youmacon. I'm already doing a event/gathering like this for Anime Weekend Atlanta (AWA) in September, so this will be my second run of this type of gathering.

When I say all the odd folk, I am referring to gathering all those who are doing...

Rare Character Cosplays: Stuff you rarely see if at all/might see one of at entire con, IE: Philemon from Persona, only one doing an anime or game character, etc...especially if from a series not common anymore...or one of them characters from something newer, but underrated... like say that obscure side character from episode 3 of a series... that ya never hear from the rest of said series...XD
This is basically stuff you almost never see anymore (sometimes due to waning fandom), or even stuff that you hardly see... like say persons doing a Kefka. You hardly see one, so usually they are given the "Can't Walk 5ft Without Flashbulbs" syndrome....

Original Character Designs/Concepts: Ever had that OC that you been dying to give the light of day or have reason to create? Well now you can show 'em off! Whether its a OC for a RP forum/chat or a character you creating for a fanfic...

Steampunk: There's usually not many of you guys around at the cons so heres a chance to join others as well as some other stuff you rarely see

Lolita: Sweet, Gothic, Punk, Pirate.... whatever the lolita fetish....show off your cute and fascinating self...

Maids: Another group not seen often, so come and join us as well....

Non Canon and Odd/Alternate Designs: Ever wanted to do some thing odd to a character, like dress Sasuke in drag? Or just do a totally original or unusual design that you could see a character wearing...Or are you doing that rare alternate version of a characters costume from a series' artbook?
IE: This icludes stuff like Aymano designs, artbook variations of a character costume of a series, etc

J-Pop and J-Rock: Are you doing some J-rock or pop fashion and want a place to gather with others who are doing similar, or even just come join a bunch of others who are all doing rare, or unusual costumes.

Pirates and Ninjas (No One Piece/Naruto): I know we always have a few of you guys wandering around, so why not come join us for a little fun. Sorry, don't got any rum Pirates, but I'm sure we can have some good fun none the less...XD

The idea I figured was to allow for all those folks who are doing those characters or costumes that either rarely do shoots or gatherings as since there is a very small number of folks doing them, to get the chance to at least gather together and at least possibly get a few pictures of them with other rare cosplays/characters and such.

So if you would be interested in a idea like this, then feel free to post and discuss or just add your two cents....

The Cosplay File for 2012
All subject to change... (and also more then I can list...@_@) Red= In Progress
Planned Cosplay's/Projects: Zol Balfaltin "The Grim Reaper" [Immortal Rain], Philemon [Persona], Adam/1st Disciple [DGM- Earl Human Form], Nea Walker [DGM], TARDIS [Doctor Who- "Special Project"], Vocaloid Edward Elric [FMA- "Special Project"], Nekozawa [Ouran- "Princely Ver."]

Last edited by Raiji Magiwind : 09-16-2009 at 05:40 AM.
Raiji Magiwind is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-30-2009, 04:46 PM   #2
CynicalSniper
Digivolve into Ultimate

I probably will go to this. I'm making Adell's mom from Disgaea 2. I picked such a minor character, but it's okay I love how bitchy she is. XD For some reason Disgaea's popularity has died. x-x So I'll be there. ^_^
Youmacon 2010

-Planned costumes-
Baiken from Guilty Gear - 20% done
The Great Saiyagirl from DBZ
Basch from FFXII
Morty from Pokemon HG/SS
Beatrice from Umineko
CynicalSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2009, 11:25 AM   #3
AnimeLover10
cosplayers forever ^w^ !

I was thinking about being cure white in pretty cure but it will be on sunday
or Teto kasane
AnimeLover10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2009, 06:18 PM   #4
Sala
Cosplay Afficionado

This was a really neat idea. I'm just sad that I didn't make it in time for this photo shoot.

CLICK HERE for Completed and/or Retired Costumes
Sala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2009, 07:44 AM   #5
Raiji Magiwind
The Overload Alchemist

Due to a relatively decent turnout for this, barring any reason for me to not be able to attend Youma in 2010, this gathering will return next year. Pictures from the first gathering will be up sometime this week...

The Cosplay File for 2012
All subject to change... (and also more then I can list...@_@) Red= In Progress
Planned Cosplay's/Projects: Zol Balfaltin "The Grim Reaper" [Immortal Rain], Philemon [Persona], Adam/1st Disciple [DGM- Earl Human Form], Nea Walker [DGM], TARDIS [Doctor Who- "Special Project"], Vocaloid Edward Elric [FMA- "Special Project"], Nekozawa [Ouran- "Princely Ver."]
Raiji Magiwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2009, 08:27 AM   #6
chloeandthehawk

I should've gone to the gathering just to see everyone- I was the only Crisis Core Tifa and SeeD Ball Rinoa running around from FF
Molotov Cocktease-Venture Bros.
Poison Ivy-Batman Series
Rinoa Heartilly-FFVIII

chloeandthehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2009, 01:54 PM   #7
MagicNein

I would have gone, but my group was still getting their badges, and I didn't have my Glyphs done or my makeup on. I was the only Castlevania Cosplayer that I knew of, too.