Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > MikomiCon

Unread 09-16-2009, 12:55 AM   #61
Fremen
Photog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super No 1 View Post
http://www.csun.edu/licensing/location.php?pid=3

This page is so helpful. So many possibilities. I don't know how many locations will be accessible over the weekend, but it really helps me with my research. I brain is full of ideas after looking at this.
Thanks for posting that. The campus looks beautiful. I've never seen it before.

I like that building called "Noski" and "Planetarium"
Currently attending Anime LA, Anime Expo, PMX and Anime Conji
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-16-2009, 01:33 AM   #62
Mochan 8D

i can be at the con on saturday around 10. ill try to meet up as early as possible.
misuzu kamio [100%]
kururu from air gear [99%]
witch from l4d [100%]

Mochan 8D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2009, 02:30 PM   #63
TheSinisterLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullMetal Ninja View Post
I would love to come to this on Saturday. I'll have an Itachi and Kisame with me as Naruto shippuden
awesome, my friends can pull out their pein and konan cosplay and i might be able to scratch back up my sasori.
TheSinisterLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2009, 02:31 PM   #64
TheSinisterLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by [BMICplay]Chae View Post
Its my first time attending mikomicon, I hope its ok to take some pictures even though im not a pro and I only have a digicam, I'll be there in all 3 days and if im not allowed to take photoes I hope Im welcome to watch. XD
your welcome to take pictures, please make sure the people you take pictures of get their pictures!
Unread 09-16-2009, 02:32 PM   #65
TheSinisterLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by henna_nyo View Post
@Sinister: Augh, omgosh. I just saw the time for Saturday and I'm like, "x.x;;;," 'cause by that time, I'll still be getting ready to head over to CSUN, haha. o.x I was thinking maybe at around 1PM or something like that, lol.

If not, then hopefully I'll see the big group of photographers around! Haha~

@Kio: Wanna do a ShinoHina photoshoot? ROFL. Or Eaa giah~? Lawl.
it seems like people are going to have a hard time meeting up that early. i'll try to be there at 10, but if no one is there, i should put up a sign to say "meet here at 12:30, or 1"
Unread 09-16-2009, 02:34 PM   #66
TheSinisterLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by sting57 View Post
sounds good! ill be wandering the con as a photog and will make sure to stop by on saturday!! i may attend sunday as well, looking forward to meeting you all.

Abb
lmao. the first person to be totally cool with the times. you must be a fellow early bird. if we're both there early, then we can just go have a more exclusive photo shoot.
Unread 09-16-2009, 02:37 PM   #67
TheSinisterLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
Does anyone know what time someone will be there so you can get your badge?
I was trying to figure it out from the website but I must be dumb cause I don't see it.
I can see from the map that registration is adjacent to artist alley
i typically show up before school, get my badge, go to class, go home, get into costume then come back and walk right in. I've never really looked at times, but it's alway seemed to open up pretty early. i'd show up around noon and if they arnt open yet ,just enjoy the scenery.
Unread 09-16-2009, 02:56 PM   #68
TheSinisterLove

Time Edits

Hopefully offering two times will help people be able to make it to the photoshoots. Please PLEASE PLEASE dont just come to one photoshoot. Everyone knows, scheduled events fall flat if no one shows up.

[EDIT] I want to schedule an actual date and time for us all to meet up together so EVERYONE can have pictures and get pictures taken, etc. Think of it as a photo taking party. hahahah! >D

When:
---Friday at 3:00pm and again at 6:00pm
---Saturday at 10:00 am and again at 1:00pm
--- Sunday at 10:00am and again at 12:30
---(I'm open to compromise if anyone has suggestions)

Where:
--- In the center of the convention, where music is played and there are many tables with umbrellas around. I'll try to be as easily noticeable as possible.
--- Once we all meet up, we'll start moving around campus finding great spots for photoshoots so that EVERYONE can have a great set for getting some really good pictures.

Plan:
--- If we have one of these gatherings every day, then the cosplayers should be able to get a photoshoot of most of their costumes, and the photographers can get a really wide variety of characters. Also, if anyone misses one of the days, they'll still have another chance.
--- Traveling around in a group should make us feel less awkward should other students be wandering around campus, raising their brows... strength in numbers right?

[[[[[[ ADDITIONAL EDIT! ]]]]]]]

Communication: I want everyone to be able to share the pictures we get of each other and i'm struggling deciding how to do this. We could all communicate on here, but i dont want to pass out my e-mail online. So here is my idea...

Photographers, please come with paper so you can write down the e-mail adress or AIM of the models who request to see their pictures when they are available. make a description of their cosplay underneath so you will remember who they are and you can send them their pictures.
!!!!If you have a gallery you post these pictures in, make sure your model will allow you to post these pictures. And if they allow you to, provide a link so they can access their pictures.

[b]Models[B/], please make sure you write down the contact information of the photographers who took your picture. Make a note to remind yourself what costume you were wearing. You may need to contact them, and you may need to remind them what you were wearing.
!!!! If you have requests, let them be known. make sure a photographer knows if you only want your friend to take pictures, or if you dont want your pictures to become accessable to the public. Also, let your photographer know if you will allow your better pictures to be pictures for their own use, such as for photography portfolios.

Is there anything else i should consider or mention?
Unread 09-16-2009, 03:24 PM   #69
Shivaness
Shiva

n.n I plan to join this, I want photos taken of me. I'll be coming in as Chansey from Pokemon Gijinka. I will be there all day Saturday, gonna be there from 9AM until as late as possible!
Shivaness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2009, 03:40 PM   #70
TheSinisterLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivaness View Post
n.n I plan to join this, I want photos taken of me. I'll be coming in as Chansey from Pokemon Gijinka. I will be there all day Saturday, gonna be there from 9AM until as late as possible!
i'm sorry to hear you'll only be there for th one day. but we'll be happy to see you!
Unread 09-16-2009, 06:06 PM   #71
Mikka☆
World Is Mine~♪

Yay~ I'm glad a 1 o'clock time was added~ ^^ Me and my friends will fer sure make it by then~ Mmmm, will you guys juss be walking around? Orrr will all the photogs juss stay in one spot??

-Previously known as Houkiboshi-chan-

✖ Events Attending:✖
ALA '10. Fanime '10. AX '10.

Currently Working on:
-none ATM-

Full Cosplay ListLivejournalDeviantArt
Mikka☆ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2009, 11:45 PM   #72
RosyAristocracy
Spinzaku: WABAM.

Small change of plans! It looks like I will be wearing Oscar on Friday and Suzaku on Saturday. (Same outfits, just swapping days.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSinisterLove View Post
When:
That sounds great! I should be able to make it to each of the later times for sure. I'll do my best to get there earlier as well, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
I hope you don't mind lots of pictures taken of you
Haha, I don't mind at all! In fact, I would be very appreciative. I have next to no photos of most of the costumes I'm wearing this time. xD
My cosplays: Ayase Yukiya (Okane Ga Nai), Suzaku Kururugi (Code Geass), Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji), Oscar François de Jarjayes (The Rose of Versailles), Regene Regetta (Gundam 00), Eduard Wernicke (Absolute Obedience), Turkey/Sadik Adnan, sans-culottes!France, Spain, and Belgium (Hetalia), Oz Bezarius (Pandora Hearts), Kagome (Inuyasha)

Planned: Russia (Hetalia), femme America (Hetalia), 11th Doctor (Doctor Who), Ianto (Torchwood), Demeter (original design/Greek mythology)
RosyAristocracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2009, 04:50 AM   #73
henna_nyo
Lolita-in-Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSinisterLove View Post

When:
Yes, thank you! 2 separate times makes it a whole lot easier. ^^

I'm sorry about the whole time thing. I'm usually not naggy about it but for some reason, my father doesn't like me heading out too early? Yeah, I don't know. -_-;,

Outfits:
* Sweet Lolita 1 ♫ 70% *
* Sweet Lolita B 1 ♫ 100% * √
* Sweet Lolita M 2 ♫ 70% *
* Sweet Lolita B 3 ♫ 50% *
* Sweet Lolita DC 4 ♫ 100% * √

Cosplays:
* Shiraume "Ume" Noyamano ♪ Air Gear ⌂ 100% √ [Thank you, Mel!♥] *
* Hyuuga Hinata ♪ Naruto Shippuuden ⌂ 100% √ *

Planned Cosplays
* Dejiko º Di Gi Charat *
henna_nyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2009, 05:40 AM   #74
SabienStrange
likes italian sharks

Oooh, thank you SO much for adding in a secondary time for this !
I'll still try to show up to the 10am one, but if not, I'll still be there for the later times.
SabienStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2009, 12:12 PM   #75
TheSinisterLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houkiboshi-chan View Post
Yay~ I'm glad a 1 o'clock time was added~ ^^ Me and my friends will fer sure make it by then~ Mmmm, will you guys juss be walking around? Orrr will all the photogs juss stay in one spot??
We're going to meet in one spot then i'm going to start guiding around campus so we can all find the best places for our pictures. So if you dont meet in the meeting place when we're all there, you can try finding us... or likely you should just look for us the next time we turn up.