Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Matsuri

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-29-2009, 09:57 PM   #46
Maury V.
Ultra director/host/prod.

I'm sad to say i'll have to miss Anime Matsuri 2010 due to school and my internship. But for anyone in media going, I'll have to say that you all will need a LOT of tapes cause there will be so much to cover. AM 2009 had me use two Mini-DV tapes (I almost needed 3 for some of the interviews I did). Emotiongear will make sure you are well taken care of, that indeed he will!

Unread 12-30-2009, 02:00 PM   #47
SakuraTifaMoka
SILENCE!!! I Kill You!O_O

I'm going. It'll be my first year going. I'm excited. I'm at work and I was looking at the website. I nearly screamed from excitement. lol. XD
SakuraTifaMoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2010, 05:52 PM   #48
Maury V.
Ultra director/host/prod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraTifaMoka View Post
I'm going. It'll be my first year going. I'm excited. I'm at work and I was looking at the website. I nearly screamed from excitement. lol. XD
You'll love it! It's a lot of fun!
Unread 01-06-2010, 01:38 PM   #49
Parvana
ā la folie!

If I go, this could be my first Anime Matsuri. I hope it will leave a good impression on me.

San Japan 4TW COSPLAYS
Luke Skywalker (Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope) [10%]
Captain Marvelous (Kaizoku Sentai Goukaiger) [0%]
Romana II (Doctor Who) [0%]
Jessica Hamby (True Blood) [85%]
Parvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 02:26 PM   #50
zssfanxxx
I LOVE RAYMAN

40% that im going..
i dont even know where its being held. =(
I'll probably just go to two different cons/expos this year.XD
zssfanxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2010, 10:08 PM   #51
keriko
Koneko Cosplay

I'm going!
I should have *fingers crossed* a table in artists alley. I went last year as an attendee, this will be my first year as an artist but I'm very much looking forward to it! Matsuri is probably the most well ran con I've ever attended; I expect great things again this year. ^^

Captain of Koneko Cosplay

Upcoming Cosplay
Sage Onion Knight (FF Dissidia) - 5%
Kariya (The World Ends With You) 100%
Izanagi (Persona 4) 100%
keriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 10:32 AM   #52
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Me and my bf will be going! This is our first year to this con, so it'll be something new for us ^_^ He won't be cosplaying, but I will!

Upcoming Conventions

2015 Schedule Coming Soon!
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 09:42 PM   #53
tofu-pudding

Quote:
Originally Posted by effervescence View Post
Well in a way, you could definatly use the cosplay contest to display your talents! As long as you are in costume, and get your performance cleared, you know? People are showing their talents in crafting garments, props, and wigs, as well as doing skits and showing off their writing, comedic, or sometimes serious sides. There are always dance skits, and some singing, but as fair warning, I am going to be [i]very[i] strict on the allowance of dancing skits.

What did you have in mind?
I was wondering, HOW strict do you mean by strict? D: My friend and I are planning to do a duo skit which includes a little singing and dancing, so just wanted to know your restrictions.
tofu-pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 09:43 PM   #54
tofu-pudding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinnapple.Pocky View Post
Oh! Hello! :D

I'll be going as Russia[hetalia] and Simon[gurren lagann] with my friends saying they'll cosplay as characters from either series.

Nice to meet you all~! :D
Waaaaii~ Which version of Simon will you be going as?
I have a friend who has offered to do some photoshoots for me, I was thinking of having a Gurren Lagann gathering!
tofu-pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 02:17 PM   #55
ShindoW_Kitsu
Sorceress of Time

Definetly going but haven't decided on our cosplays. We had some in mind but might not do them. I may not cosplay this time; Id like to chill. XD

I was happy to hear Crispin Freeman is returning because last year I could only get 1 of the 2 items signed because I was halfway back in the line; but I can't complain, I think some people didn't even get to go at that point it was so long. ;.; -grabs Xenosaga artbook-

We got our rooms a few months ago just to be sure we'd have them. XD Now we just need tickets... I think our total with tickets, food/gas, rooms, and spending was close to 1 grand. X.X
Unread 01-16-2010, 09:47 AM   #56
Zexion.6
Has a weakness for Renos

I'm hopefully going >w<
I'm not sure what other cosplays I'm bringing, but I know I'll be bringing Anemone.
Anemone- Eureka Seven

Next con-A-kon
Zexion.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2010, 01:13 PM   #57
Ciarathallya
Ragnacrack Cosplay Addict

Still will be my first time going. Let alone setting foot in Texas for any kind of convention. Not quite sure how the attitude or environment is there cosplay-wise that is. Like are ppl friendly, anal-retentive omg there's a thread hanging, or stand-offish. Do I make any sense haha?
Unread 01-16-2010, 09:06 PM   #58
effervescence
Bubbly as heck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciarathallya View Post
Still will be my first time going. Let alone setting foot in Texas for any kind of convention. Not quite sure how the attitude or environment is there cosplay-wise that is. Like are ppl friendly, anal-retentive omg there's a thread hanging, or stand-offish. Do I make any sense haha?
Oh goodness, no! We aren't evil! As long as you are happy with your costume, it shouldn't matter what other people think..but no one is going to come up and set your costume on fire if there are a few loose threads here and there.

And I've found Texas cosplayers to be friendly as a whole, so long as there isn't any innapropriate hugging or glomping.
effervescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2010, 09:08 PM   #59
effervescence
Bubbly as heck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu-pudding View Post
I was wondering, HOW strict do you mean by strict? D: My friend and I are planning to do a duo skit which includes a little singing and dancing, so just wanted to know your restrictions.
Oh! I'm glad I saw this! Well, as far as how strict, I have posted examples on the Anime Matsuri forums of things I will accept as far as singing/dancing skits go.

There will also be pre-screening of both performance and scripts.

http://www.mashharder.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5273
effervescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2010, 12:27 AM   #60
toshirua3846384
take your fail and leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by effervescence View Post
Oh goodness, no! We aren't evil! As long as you are happy with your costume, it shouldn't matter what other people think..but no one is going to come up and set your costume on fire if there are a few loose threads here and there.

And I've found Texas cosplayers to be friendly as a whole, so long as there isn't any innapropriate hugging or glomping.
exactly my point, my parents retired here in texas at lackland afb, and i find texas to be okay, even in public to some extent. and i had no bad experiences at am 09 so you dont have to worry about it.

-->( v O x O)O"
toshirua3846384 is offline   Reply With Quote