Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 08-16-2003, 12:51 PM   #1
amiukeorseme

Wig help (creating Seifer's hair)

I'm going to be cosplaying Seifer (WOOHOO TO CROSSPLAYING XD) this year for Otakon 2004 and for Anime Express and I want to begin. Now I'm good at sewing and my father is going to help me with my gunblade, but one of my big concern's is Seifer's hair. I've got blonde hair but it's down past my waist and I don't have the heart to cut it. I cosplayed Quistis Trepe from FF8 and Allen Schezar from the Escaflowne Movie at Otakon this year and when I cosplay Seifer it will be my first time dealing with a wig. Now, a big question, has anyone ever cut down a wig to Seifer's length? It's nearly buzzed so I'm a bit afraid of the realism effect. . If someone could give me some tips and pointers in dealing with this I would be very thankful ^_^ Sankyuu
amiukeorseme is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-17-2003, 12:41 AM   #2
HowilnMadMurphy

Actually, I think Seifer's hair is just slicked back. Your hair would actually work great.. just slick it back and ponytail it, then braid it (or something to keep it secure and close to your head), then tuck it into the back of your shirt vest thingie. If you have bangs (or little wispies), even better, because he has a couple short pieces coming onto his face. It might even be worth it to cut a few just for accuracies sake.. you won't notice them, more than likely, when you're done. I cut bangs for my Yuffie an it was totally worth it.
HowilnMadMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2003, 10:23 AM   #3
amiukeorseme

Wee

You know, that's actually a good idea, only I think I might go as a female Seifer. I've only seen a couple done and and I could do like you said, tie it in a braid. I'm still toying on the idea because the only reason I don't wanna cut my hair is because I'm also going to be bringing back my Quistis Costume and I'm currently making Celes Chere from FFVI (I'm a FF nut) I'm also doing the OVA Ken Kidaka from Weiss Kruez, but his isn't a problem. But yeah, thanks for your comment, I'm going to toy with the idea some more. Sankyuu!!! *glomps*
Unread 08-17-2003, 02:16 PM   #4
HowilnMadMurphy

Well, I didn't mean cut a full rack of bangs, just cut a few wispies. If you have a character without them, you can just use some styling product to keep them with the rest of the hair. If you did female Seifer, I think it'd be cuter if your slicked your hair back, parted it down the back of your head into two sections, and had one section hang down over each shoulder.
HowilnMadMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2003, 02:23 PM   #5
amiukeorseme

Heh, I knew what you meant, I was meaning as cut my hair as a whole like I've seen some people do which is bloody crazy. *huggles her hair* past me waist, beed growing it out foooor 6 years. I dunno what I'm gonna do though, I think Crossplaying is fun, but the wig will be too complicated for me. I might buy a cheapy one first and expirement on it. XD! Thanks for your suggestions though. I will absolutely try them! ^_^
Unread 08-18-2003, 06:27 PM   #6
KaraokeKate
The Wig Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiukeorseme
I might buy a cheapy one first and expirement on it. XD! Thanks for your suggestions though. I will absolutely try them! ^_^
If you're going to get a wig to experiment on, at least get a good quality one. (Like for $35 instead of $10.) The really cheap ones aren't worth the packaging they come in, and are practically unstylable. -_-'

www.katiebair.com
KaraokeKate is offline   Reply With Quote