Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Vegas

Unread 09-09-2009, 10:29 PM   #31
Kago_Sabaku
Sixth Kazekage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshi View Post
I'm going to guess you were let back in because later in the night, when the crowd thinned down a bit, we let everyone in regardless of what they were wearing. Seriously you guys, the rules for attire were not that difficult or complicated. The amount of people throwing fits over the dress code was silly. We will not be so lenient next year, so please read the rules carefully for AV 2010.
I was let in originally because it looked very formal. And they said rules were on the site...the same one that didn;t ever work for me. I went by book rules and I do plan on bringing a change of clothes in the car next year. If cashman woulda not charged to park then I woulda gone when I first learned of it and came back. And wtf was up with only charging in the morning that's bs.

I actually knew a number of the gunshow patrons from doing the cowboy single action shooting. They actually thought it was kinda cool. One guy messed with me until one of my good friends stepped in. It was funny to watch my seven or so foot tall chainsmoking friend almost beat this one guy's ass for trying to jack my Tobi mask

I ahd lots of fun at the dance. I don;t see why we don't use the Lasvegas convention center though, it;s strip adjacent, bigger, and totally airconditioned. I mean it may be a bit more expensive but it is a nicer place and it's not scary on that side of town after dark.

I still don't get the charging to park in the am then providing no night security. It's dangerous around there at night and I'm surprised I didn't hear any tales of cars bingbroken into or people harassed by unsavory characters

Last edited by Kago_Sabaku : 09-09-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Kago_Sabaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-13-2009, 03:23 AM   #32
Eerie Butterfly
Bacon, the candy of meats

I've only ever been to large conventions that going to a smaller con made it seemed like there was nothing to do.

wins:
+ I loved the fact that because AV is a smaller con, we can actually have one-on-one conversations with the voice actors.
+ Smaller pannels
+ Great parking (then again, i got there early and was able to park where I wanted)
+ Met with some really cool people.

fails:
+ Too much glomping
+ Cashman was too out of the way
+ The weird stares I got from staff when I asked them where the peace bonding area was.

there were some other complaints, but there's not much that staff can do about it.
Unread 09-13-2009, 04:19 PM   #33
Ahja Reyn
雨 Reyn 雨

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eerie Butterfly View Post
+ The weird stares I got from staff when I asked them where the peace bonding area was.
LOL!!!

Cosplay '14:
Mama McCall (Teen Wolf) | Harry Potter (Harry Potter) | Esmeralda (Hunchback of Notre Dame)

Conventions:
Bite Con | Fanime
Ahja Reyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2009, 11:15 AM   #34
Hazel Chaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by missrelena View Post
Cons:
-The dealers room closing early on day 1? What the heck?
Well, it closed at 7 pm last year, too. I had a table in Artists' Alley, at the back row of booths of the dealers room, and I can tell you that it's a grueling day to try to go from 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm, and not be able to leave for dinner by 6 or 7. The room's open all weekend, after all. And how many hours does it actually take to see everything in it?

If I were going to be in the dealers room next year, I'd suggest making the hours 10-6 on Day 1, and perhaps having more time to set up the night before, if they want to have 8 hours of shopping time that day.
April: Cosplay Sewing Circle (2014-04-15); Anime Conji (starts 2014-04-18)
May: Baycon (starts 2014-05-23)
Hazel Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2009, 06:57 PM   #35
missrelena
Just not enough time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Chaz View Post
If I were going to be in the dealers room next year, I'd suggest making the hours 10-6 on Day 1, and perhaps having more time to set up the night before, if they want to have 8 hours of shopping time that day.
I totally agree! I think those hours would be easier on everyone!

The only reason I was irked about it closing early is I ran into several people who had just finished watching the bands, or been at panels, or whatever, and were really upset that they couldn't get into the dealer's room, even though it was posted in the schedule that it would be open till 7pm. (Not to mention that day 1 was the only day I could shop because I was busy with the masquerades on both day 2 and day 3.) I realize that all those hours make for a long day. . . but if you weren't in the dealers hall when the announcement was put out on the PA system, you were just SOL because you didn't have a chance to hear it and get to the dealer's hall before it closed.

Planned '13 costumes:
Vivaldi from Alice in the Country ofHearts,
Sanin from Hakuoki
Evil Queen from Sound Horizon Maruchen
Flemeth from Dragon Age II

Help! I'm drowning in fabric!

Member of "The No Life Kings" cosplay group!
missrelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2009, 01:18 AM   #36
Toshi_Riku
The God Of This New World

It had its good and bad points through out the weekend

2011 Cons/Event
Fanime, Kin Toki Con, AM2/Anime Expo, SDCC, Otakon, STGCC, Sac-Anime/Anime Vegas, TGS, AFA.

Twitter LJ DA FaceBook Tumblr
Toshi_Riku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2009, 05:52 AM   #37
Sasuke-Hime
BSAA: Unbirthdayhatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eerie Butterfly View Post
+ Too much glomping
I cant stress this enough. I dont mind hugs, I like hugs. But people need to respect others boundries. One girl came hauling across the con floor to glom my cosmo and hold on for an awkwardly long time. I'm fine with people hugging him, but it was past that stage and I had to poke at her with my wand to get off.

That and people hatin' on me for being Wanda was totally lame. Sure, she may not be the most awesome ever, but you dont have to say mean things to me or make faces at me. I have feelings too you know. T__T
Unread 09-18-2009, 06:29 PM   #38
MangaFreak150

umm well the only thing i really want to mention about this con that disappointed me was the how unorganized it was... the concerts where lat because they there where doing interviews.. that should have been better planned.. if possible
and also how the schedule that was giving to us did not have the right times for the panels.. i missed the 1 panel i really wanted to go to cos i didn't think to look at the schedule in front of the room cos i had the schedule on paper.. i was really upset by that..

this was my first year so i guess next year i'll know better C: i'm hoping they are more video and panel rooms next year, though i'll probably just get a table at the artist alley

MangaFreak150's DeviantArt
Check me out yo!<3 <3 <3
MangaFreak150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2009, 02:25 PM   #39
iaShakezula

I agree with Chaz about the dealers hall.

Well I have been going to Anime Vegas since the second year it opened.If Rich need me to assist him I can do it but from LA.I Met friends and kept friends in AnimeVegas.
Cashman is pretty good venue but its got its weakness.
We got lucky this year because the heat was a bit mild compared to the past.
The other non VO panels needs more draw.
I was only able to go the actor's panel but I missed a few because I was part of the Masquerade on monday.
I really wasnt sure about the separate single Masquerade. I still think it would have been better if they put them in the same night.I prefer to relax on the last day of the con which I wasnt able to do.I probably wont do it again.
The concerts was running really late, they should evaluate that .

PMX SIZE="2"]

I am almost done working on the Sports cosplay.I have to finish Barakamon Sensei jinbei and red miku outfit.

[/size]

Last edited by iaShakezula : 09-30-2009 at 02:33 PM.
iaShakezula is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2009, 04:55 PM   #40
Asa Gohan
Broke College Student

Pros:
I loved the ball. I wish my HS prom was as cool as the ball. Props to DJ Jinnai.
The dance was super awesome!
great voice actors
great cosplayers, extremely nice
Nice Sasuke helped me with my crossplay.
A/C
skits were great

Cons:
Where was the cosplay repair station?
schedule changed on a daily basis AARRRGHHH.I understand that its hard to run a con, but it was kind of frustrating
Website was flooded.
not enough VA panels...for me anyways. I'm kind of a VA snob.
parking eugg...i heard that its now 4 dollars a day to park.

Animegacon 2014
Otakon Vegas 2015

Duo Maxwell
Kenshin Himura
Pinkie Pie

Next Cosplay: Louise Belcher!
Asa Gohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2009, 03:00 AM   #41
Hazel Chaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa Gohan View Post
Cons:
Where was the cosplay repair station?
We had an unofficial Costume Repair Station kit at our Anime Los Angeles table in the back. It wasn't run by the convention, though.

I don't go to every convention every year, so I won't necessarily be bringing the kit next year. But perhaps someone will start that sort of department at Anime Vegas?
April: Cosplay Sewing Circle (2014-04-15); Anime Conji (starts 2014-04-18)
May: Baycon (starts 2014-05-23)
Hazel Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2009, 11:03 AM   #42
iaShakezula

hmm I already wrote this but I want to say it again Combine the group and Single cosplay Masquerade .

PMX SIZE="2"]

I am almost done working on the Sports cosplay.I have to finish Barakamon Sensei jinbei and red miku outfit.

[/size]
iaShakezula is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2009, 01:18 PM   #43
Anti Ai-chan
Hearts and Sparkles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa Gohan View Post
Pros:
I loved the ball. I wish my HS prom was as cool as the ball. Props to DJ Jinnai.
Daaww! Thanks a bunch! I'm glad you liked it, especially since most of us were like "how the frick do we run a ball?" lol
3. Ridiculously ridiculous
Anti Ai-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2009, 01:00 AM   #44
YetI

i only had a coupe of pet peeves

1.i really misse the ichigo cafe, those guys rock! hey had a booth but it just wasnt the same as a full cafe
2.why couldnt they just take the con back o the Rennosance hotel? there was some trouble and it was a bit cramped but wy not mve the con the convention hall right next to it??
3. is there really n other dae in which to hold the con? one more or less week to avoid the gun toting rednecks?
YetI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2009, 11:36 PM   #45
Asa Gohan
Broke College Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Ai-chan View Post
Daaww! Thanks a bunch! I'm glad you liked it, especially since most of us were like "how the frick do we run a ball?" lol
I did the waltz for most of the ball with some random guy in a kilt. It was rather cool.

I will have to agree with YetI, I missed the Ichigo Cafe having their own room.

I had no issues with the gunshow. I just wish we had that space for our use.

(off topic...does anyone remember the Newtype funeral at AV 08?)

Animegacon 2014
Otakon Vegas 2015

Duo Maxwell
Kenshin Himura
Pinkie Pie

Next Cosplay: Louise Belcher!
Asa Gohan is offline   Reply With Quote