Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > New York Comic Con

Unread 09-09-2009, 01:23 AM   #1
yuzuXokita
yuzu sama~=///=

Question who plan to go to the NYAF???

i really want to go because it has a lot of japanese things which i'm interested in, however some of my friends told me that the NYAF is not that good. since the ticket price is high for me, i'm still wondering whether i should go...
yuzuXokita is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-09-2009, 02:00 AM   #2
Nooby Banana
I made a llama. 8)

http://www.cosplay.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59

I believe you'll find anyone else who's going on this board. =) I wish I could go so badly though... they're premiering the English dub of Soul Eater there. D:
Nooby Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2009, 06:42 PM   #3
soeunkyo
I can't believe my eyes

It's pretty good if you like shopping for japanese and anime related stuff. And of course there are some photo shoots which are planned. I am going saturday. If the ticket is high I'll help chip in I don't mind lol
soeunkyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2009, 09:08 PM   #4
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Wow, really Soeunkyo?... I should have told you the price was too high for me then, huh?... Lol.

Anyways, as to the convention, I have to admit, there are plenty of others I do like better, but NYAF has been getting better each year, and this year seems like it will follow suit. I think it's worth going to if you have any interest at all in anime, manga, cosplaying, or Japanese culture, since NYAF brings a lot of special guests and bands, and always has a lot of special events going on too. They are really trying hard to make it the best convention out there, and yeah, the price is a little steep, it seriously is, but, in the long run, I think it's worth it if you can scrounge up the money somehow. I am having money issues, but I still managed to buy tickets for me and my 2 younger siblings, because it was just something we couldn't miss, whether I get to have new clothes- or food for dinner, lol- or not. Go, have fun. You can't let your life revolve around money and high prices, because if you always do, you'll never get to really live. So, I'd say go...
And maybe I just dislike NYAF because the con center is so damned ugly?....

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Philly Comic Con- -Otakon- -Dragon*Con- -NYCC-
2013 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Lux(League of Legends); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV)

Aurora Maryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2009, 09:16 PM   #5
DespairedPheonix
Elilicious

JCC isnt ugly!!!!! I mean, compared to other convention centers it's a little shabby, but I think the JCC is quite unique!!!!!

Anyway, this will be my first time at NYAF. I've heard NOTHING but AMAZING things about it, however, as Aurora said, there are definitely other cons I'd rather go to...however my main reason for that is that I like to get away from NY for cons [i live here. Not so exciting when you live here.] But I do think NYAF will be worth the money I paid for it.

I hope to see you there!
In the works: Sora, KHII | InuYasha, InuYasha | Rogue, X-Men

Facebook
| Deviantart
DespairedPheonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2009, 10:25 PM   #6
soeunkyo
I can't believe my eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Maryte View Post
Wow, really Soeunkyo?... I should have told you the price was too high for me then, huh?... Lol.

Anyways, as to the convention, I have to admit, there are plenty of others I do like better, but NYAF has been getting better each year, and this year seems like it will follow suit. I think it's worth going to if you have any interest at all in anime, manga, cosplaying, or Japanese culture, since NYAF brings a lot of special guests and bands, and always has a lot of special events going on too. They are really trying hard to make it the best convention out there, and yeah, the price is a little steep, it seriously is, but, in the long run, I think it's worth it if you can scrounge up the money somehow. I am having money issues, but I still managed to buy tickets for me and my 2 younger siblings, because it was just something we couldn't miss, whether I get to have new clothes- or food for dinner, lol- or not. Go, have fun. You can't let your life revolve around money and high prices, because if you always do, you'll never get to really live. So, I'd say go...
I'lll CHip in for you too you never told me you had money issues hench you were working hehe. Oh btw on that other post you wrote I'll go my way and attend sunday for the shoot. XD I'll be dragging everyone there then
soeunkyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2009, 08:05 AM   #7
santose2008
Number 1 Hero

This will also be my first time attending NYAF. I only go to one anime convention a year which is Zenkaikon becasue it's right around the corner from me. However, since I got a car and drivers license it's going to change next year as I already have my conventions lined up which is quite a few. Katsucon, Otakon, tekkoshocon, NYAF, and Zenkaikon. I only been to New York once and that was to visit the UN for a college trip, so this will be a fun experience for me to actually see a little bit more of New York. Also, what better why to do that is when an anime convention is happening. I hope to have fun. I going to pray I can get the entire cast of Soul Eater to sign my poster. I also have photoshoots that I will be in and will see others, and already found new friends to hang out at NYAF so I won't be alone. I hope to have a blast for the three days.

Before I forget, BeautifulSpirit love the Kisame makeup. I can't wait to see it all. Kisame is one of the fav characters. It's got to be the blue skin and gills.

santose2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2009, 09:32 PM   #8
yuzuXokita
yuzu sama~=///=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Maryte View Post

thank u~!!! you talked really in details and convinced me a lot! i'd definitly go now! XDDD
Unread 09-11-2009, 09:37 PM   #9
yuzuXokita
yuzu sama~=///=

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulSpirit View Post
JCC isnt ugly!!!!! I mean, compared to other convention centers it's a little shabby, but I think the JCC is quite unique!!!!!

Anyway, this will be my first time at NYAF. I've heard NOTHING but AMAZING things about it, however, as Aurora said, there are definitely other cons I'd rather go to...however my main reason for that is that I like to get away from NY for cons [i live here. Not so exciting when you live here.] But I do think NYAF will be worth the money I paid for it.

I hope to see you there!
thank u!!! see you there~~X3