Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 4.94 average.
Unread 02-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #11551
Voodoo Doll
High Jinx
 
Voodoo Doll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeCassee View Post
Ahhh I see. Well at least your have some form of hands on help. Lol! I don't know about knighted, because I have never done anything really hardcore. I have kinda repurposed a lot of things. Saves time and money.

I also like to sew by hand because you can easy fix a mistake that would otherwise take horrendous time with a machine. I have looked at getting machines before, but it is also my experience that you get what you pay for. If you want a good machine that will last, you need to shell out the money for it. It took me some time. There are certain things I don't care about, and then things like electronics...I try to buy the best brands because I want it to last forever. If that makes sense?

Sewing by hand takes a lot of time and patience, also you prick yourself a lot with the needle.
Hardcore? Making a whole cosplay by hand is hardcore in my opinion. With the sewing machine you can be done with sewing in about 2-4 hours. By hand I can't imagine how long. Dx
That's a good that you are reusing things to make you cosplay. That's what I call being green.

That's true, you can quickly fix mistakes. Yeah that makes sense. I want my sewing machine to last for a long time but I don't want anything to expensive because I'm thinking about asking for one as a birthday present. I'll try to look at some of the best brands and see if there's any close in my range, $50-100.
__________________
Completed*
Yuri Nakamura (Angel Beats)

In-Progress~*
Nagisa Motomiya (AKB0048) - 10%

The Near-Future~*

Yui Hirasawa (K-On)
Nanami Haruka (Uta no Prince-sama)


Voodoo Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 02-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #11552
AmeCassee
Lost, gone to find me.
 
AmeCassee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll View Post
Sewing by hand takes a lot of time and patience, also you prick yourself a lot with the needle.
Hardcore? Making a whole cosplay by hand is hardcore in my opinion. With the sewing machine you can be done with sewing in about 2-4 hours. By hand I can't imagine how long. Dx
That's a good that you are reusing things to make you cosplay. That's what I call being green.

That's true, you can quickly fix mistakes. Yeah that makes sense. I want my sewing machine to last for a long time but I don't want anything to expensive because I'm thinking about asking for one as a birthday present. I'll try to look at some of the best brands and see if there's any close in my range, $50-100.
Why thank you! Oh you are making my skills sound far superior than they really are. Certain things do take longer, but I will say I cheat. I hide seams if I can and only sew one line, unless I think it needs two.

I hope you find a good machine, let me know what you wind up getting. I haven't looked at them in so long, so I have to do my research.
AmeCassee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 07:46 PM   #11553
Z-751
Registered User
 
Z-751's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forums. Not new to cosplay; however this year will my official start to cosplaying and convention going. So far I've only been to Monster Mania as far as cons.

Anywho, this seems a good place to bring up an idea of mine. My husband and I own a fabric shop/workroom in Philadelphia. Right on 4th street's "Fabric Row." We have a craft/project zone in the back where we hold sewing classes in the spring and summer. Anyways! My idea is to provide space and tools for cosplayers and other costume enthusiasts to work together, meet new people and even find those to group/carpool with to conventions.

Visit, and even become a fan, our facebook page to keep up with updates. ^^
www.facebook.com/delvalcosplay
__________________
"Stay Strong, Stay Open-Minded, Stay Compassionate" -My Dad (RIP)
Z-751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 09:18 PM   #11554
AmeCassee
Lost, gone to find me.
 
AmeCassee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-751 View Post
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forums. Not new to cosplay; however this year will my official start to cosplaying and convention going. So far I've only been to Monster Mania as far as cons.

Anywho, this seems a good place to bring up an idea of mine. My husband and I own a fabric shop/workroom in Philadelphia. Right on 4th street's "Fabric Row." We have a craft/project zone in the back where we hold sewing classes in the spring and summer. Anyways! My idea is to provide space and tools for cosplayers and other costume enthusiasts to work together, meet new people and even find those to group/carpool with to conventions.

Visit, and even become a fan, our facebook page to keep up with updates. ^^
www.facebook.com/delvalcosplay
First, you are awesome. Second, I wished I lived closer.
AmeCassee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 12:30 AM   #11555
Z-751
Registered User
 
Z-751's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeCassee View Post
First, you are awesome. Second, I wished I lived closer.
Thanks!! ^^
__________________
"Stay Strong, Stay Open-Minded, Stay Compassionate" -My Dad (RIP)
Z-751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #11556
Voodoo Doll
High Jinx
 
Voodoo Doll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeCassee View Post
Why thank you! Oh you are making my skills sound far superior than they really are. Certain things do take longer, but I will say I cheat. I hide seams if I can and only sew one line, unless I think it needs two.

I hope you find a good machine, let me know what you wind up getting. I haven't looked at them in so long, so I have to do my research.
Well it is. Hand sewing is tough. I won't call that cheating, just being clever. :P

Okay, will do. I haven't a chance to go to the stores yet, but when I do and look online for reviews I'll tell you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-751 View Post
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forums. Not new to cosplay; however this year will my official start to cosplaying and convention going. So far I've only been to Monster Mania as far as cons.

Anywho, this seems a good place to bring up an idea of mine. My husband and I own a fabric shop/workroom in Philadelphia. Right on 4th street's "Fabric Row." We have a craft/project zone in the back where we hold sewing classes in the spring and summer. Anyways! My idea is to provide space and tools for cosplayers and other costume enthusiasts to work together, meet new people and even find those to group/carpool with to conventions.

Visit, and even become a fan, our facebook page to keep up with updates. ^^
www.facebook.com/delvalcosplay
Wow. Wish I was closer (I'm about an hour away)! But sounds really awesome, I want to take a class for costuming making. :O

Welcome to the coscom by the way
__________________
Completed*
Yuri Nakamura (Angel Beats)

In-Progress~*
Nagisa Motomiya (AKB0048) - 10%

The Near-Future~*

Yui Hirasawa (K-On)
Nanami Haruka (Uta no Prince-sama)


Voodoo Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 06:37 PM   #11557
JustACostume
Registered User
 
JustACostume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 93
I'm just wondering if there are any Hitman Reborn cosplayers close to Stroudsburg. I live about 30 minutes away and I'm most likely going to be doing a Byakuran cosplay. I'm a teen so I feel very young compared to a lot of people.
JustACostume is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #11558
Lisama
Social Link GO!
 
Lisama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 291
Just thought I'd pop in and say hello again and welcome to the new people on the board! =] Who all is planning on going to either Jaycon or Zenkaikon? If so, we should plan a mini-cosplay.com PA thread meetup(that was a mouthful, lol!). =D Hope everyone's new year is going well too.
__________________
Planned Conventions this year:

Setsucon, Zenkaikon, Jaycon, Otakon


Planned Cosplays:
Yuri Lowell - Tales of Vesperia
Reaver - Fable 3
More TBA, once I think of them, lol.

Lisama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 05:49 AM   #11559
Voodoo Doll
High Jinx
 
Voodoo Doll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 238
Giving this thread a bump~

@Lisama- I'm going to Zenkaikon... not sure about Jaycon. :|
__________________
Completed*
Yuri Nakamura (Angel Beats)

In-Progress~*
Nagisa Motomiya (AKB0048) - 10%

The Near-Future~*

Yui Hirasawa (K-On)
Nanami Haruka (Uta no Prince-sama)


Voodoo Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #11560
AmeCassee
Lost, gone to find me.
 
AmeCassee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 155
Sorry guys, I have been busy trying to get things ready for Katsucon and it is coming up so fast I am slowly going insane.

I happen to live in Lancaster so I will most definitely be at Zenkaikon. Also I think I need a sewing machine. I am trying to make hats and I am doing it by hand. So far I have poked myself twice...with the blunt end of the needle. *sigh*

Also is anyone going to Otakon? I am planning to cosplay Tifa from Advent Children and I didn't know if anyone was planning to cosplay AC. I think I am the only one from my group doing it.

OK, I have to go back to sewing now. If no one hears from me please send a search party.
AmeCassee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 10:55 AM   #11561
Voodoo Doll
High Jinx
 
Voodoo Doll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeCassee View Post
Sorry guys, I have been busy trying to get things ready for Katsucon and it is coming up so fast I am slowly going insane.

I happen to live in Lancaster so I will most definitely be at Zenkaikon. Also I think I need a sewing machine. I am trying to make hats and I am doing it by hand. So far I have poked myself twice...with the blunt end of the needle. *sigh*

Also is anyone going to Otakon? I am planning to cosplay Tifa from Advent Children and I didn't know if anyone was planning to cosplay AC. I think I am the only one from my group doing it.

OK, I have to go back to sewing now. If no one hears from me please send a search party.
I'm going to Otakon~
I'm going be cosplay Yurippe from Angel Beats. And ouch! You didn't poke yourself in the same spot? Dx
__________________
Completed*
Yuri Nakamura (Angel Beats)

In-Progress~*
Nagisa Motomiya (AKB0048) - 10%

The Near-Future~*

Yui Hirasawa (K-On)
Nanami Haruka (Uta no Prince-sama)


Voodoo Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 04:46 PM   #11562
Ironhill
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 557
Hi to all the new people from the old guy.

Z-751: Are you familar with the Deleware Valley Costumers Guild? They are part of the ICG. You might want to send them a message.

Lisama: I plan to go to Zenkaikon on Saturday with my Furher Bradley cosplay. I was going to Katsukon for Saturday but life got in the way.
Ironhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 06:26 PM   #11563
Elosion12
Registered User
 
Elosion12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9
York and Lancaster Area

I just started cosplaying and I'm going to Zenkaikon with a friend of mine but would love to find others that are going as well!
Elosion12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #11564
vdaysnowstorm
Sugarless
 
vdaysnowstorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 206
I will be attending Zenkaikon 2013, one of the days, as Princess Bubblegum. Would anyone be interested in an Adventure Time cosplay group meetup/photoshoot?

Separate Forum Thread (to discuss time and whatever else):
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=312064

Looking forward to hearing from you ^_^
vdaysnowstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #11565
Elosion12
Registered User
 
Elosion12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdaysnowstorm View Post
I will be attending Zenkaikon 2013, one of the days, as Princess Bubblegum. Would anyone be interested in an Adventure Time cosplay group meetup/photoshoot?

Separate Forum Thread (to discuss time and whatever else):
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=312064

Looking forward to hearing from you ^_^
Oh my gosh! How perfect! Me and a friend will be Marceline and Marshall Lee!
Elosion12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.