Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Ani-Magic

Unread 10-07-2002, 08:32 AM   #1
AM Chair
Ani-Magic is Go!
Animagic

Talking Profound Thanks

Minasan,
As we return to our nomal lives here in Lancaster, on behalf of the staff of Ani-Magic, I want to send out my heartfelt thanks for supporting the Autumn Dream this year. I have no official numbers yet, but I'm quite sure we had lots more people than than the first two.

I know for sure that we had a lot more cosplayers than 2 years prior. It is personally gratifiying to see my "child" stand up and walk this year. Ani-Magic is in the black, and it will be around for years to come thanks in part from your attendance. We beat very tough odds and pulled this off.

This particular edition has put the last nail in the coffin of politics at AM, something none of us wanted or needed. We have refuted all the rumor and propaganda that tried to kill this con over the summer. Anything said unconstructive about AM now is irrelevant. We'll always accept constructive criticism, but attacks just don't matter anymore. We will always try to make a better con for you.

But you who sew the dreams to life are ones who bring the con to life and we are thankful for that. Anyone can go to a con, but you guys and gals are the ones who provide the color and mystique to the cons of California. My hat's off to you. Thank you again for making Ani-Magic 2002 so successful and for ensuring we can do it again next year.

Revell Walker
Chairman, AM 02
AM Chair is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-07-2002, 09:26 AM   #2
Famira Damaris
Oekaki Whore

We should be thanking everyone who made it such an awesome convention this year, Revell. ^^ I've been coming to Ani-Magic for three years now and it's just getting better and better. *grins* Kudos to all of you!
Famira Damaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2002, 10:56 AM   #3
Kitty
uallshittalktoomuch

I am sooo happy that you and all the hard work you were doing paid off and became the wonderfull time that we all had at Ani-magic! It brings me tears to my face cause I thought that there was not going to be a another one next year but hearing that good news that there WILL be more Ani-magics to come ......YAHOOOOOOO! YATTA YATTA! (Starts to dance on one leg from side to side) Basiclly thank you Revell*^_^*and a big thanks to your team of hard workers^_^
Unread 10-07-2002, 11:17 AM   #4
Dragoon Knight
The Lonely Knight

Thank you Revell for all the hard work you and your staff have done to make this AM a great one. Will see you next year ^^
Unread 10-07-2002, 11:27 AM   #5
peacecraft
Frustrated Illustrator

It was my favorite con last year. It was still my favorite con this year. I suspect it will be next year. Thanks, Revell.
Unread 10-07-2002, 11:28 AM   #6
rogue2999

Revell,

I don't know how you guys can be able to put up with it like you guys do, but when I saw everything that was going on down there, I hope that with my con, we can be able to do just as good as you guys did down there. I know that there were tempers flying and somethings didn't go as smoothly as others would've liked, but you guys pulled it off great.

I know that I learned a lot when I was down there and I also know one other thing when it comes to this. Leave the polotics to the ones that can handle it and leave it out side of the con period. I can't wait to see Ani-Magic 2003 next year, and this time I'm going to be better prepared then the last time. I'm also getting my room resevered a year in advanced once I get the dates for the next con.

Felix
rogue2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2002, 11:33 AM   #7
Iori E
Baka baka BAKA!!!

Revell, thank you. Thank you and the staff for your hard work and dedicated effort in making Ani-Magic happen. I'm glad to hear that you've overcome all the odds to bring this con to us. It's cool that everything's worked out, and I hope to see you next year.
Anime Expo 2010: Kamui Tokinomiya (Arcana Heart), Juri Han (Super Street Fighter IV)
Iori E is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2002, 01:17 PM   #8
artemis316
Paladin-In-Training

Revell, congrats on beating all odds this year and making AniMagic the best, damn con for cosplayers ever!! Despite a few minor problems...*COUGH!!* LAST MINUTE PANEL SCHEDULING *COUGH!!* (LOL, just kidding ^.^)...AM was great!!

For me, I look foward to AM every year (though I missed the first year), but it totally shows the dedication and teamwork that you and your staffers put into your work to make AM a success and it shows! I'd also like to congradulate Char and Lisa for a tremendous job on the masquerade and other cosplay stuff!! They rock!

Looking foward to another great year at AM'03!! As I usually say, Revell...you and your staffers 'totally reek of awesomeness!! Oh, it's true...it's damn true!!' LOL

*Looks at Kitty*

>_<; NOOOOOOoooooooooooo...not YATTA!! *Faints and collapses*
artemis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2002, 02:40 PM   #9
Con Wytch

I wanted to take the time to say here that I am so glad everyone had a good time. I appreciate the support that all of the convention goers and our special guests gave to me and my staff and giving your unconditional understanding and being gentle with me when I told you this was my first time in doing this sort of thing. Never in my life have I ever had such a fabulous time or met such a wonderful bunch of people. I look forward to seeing you all again next year.

Brightest of Blessings to all of you!!

Mrs. Melinda Pappa
Head of Guest Relations
Ani-Magic 2002
Con Wytch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2002, 02:46 PM   #10
Aoshi Shinomori
Bishounen Senshi

I would like to thank the Staff and everyone else that was involved for Animagic happening this year. I had so much fun last year.. and this year i had alot of fun too. I got to meet new people and old people. and I also participated in many events.. I will look forward for the many years to come.
Aoshi Shinomori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2002, 03:39 PM   #11
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

In case you didn't see any of my other posts elsewhere on the subject, IT WAS GREAT!!!!!!! THANKS, REVELL!!!!! (And thanks SO MUCH for inviting our family at Fanime!!!)
Karisu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2002, 04:50 PM   #12
Adella
MalonxLink 4 EVAR11

WOOHOO!! ANIMAGIC TOOK OVER AX FOR MY FAVORITE CON!!
Unread 10-07-2002, 04:56 PM   #13
Rey-Rey
Cause And Effect

Unread 10-07-2002, 09:24 PM   #14
L to the 3rd
aka Scrawny Squall

It was a great con... I'm sorry we missed the closing ceremonies...we were eating at coco's and didn't realize the time..
^_^;;

My only gripes were..some of the panel times changing and..the lack of toilet paper!!!!
Unread 10-08-2002, 01:36 AM   #15
Mei Lan Chang
Its a "shoulder massager"

Lack of toilet paper? Yipes....

I had a really great time. Ani-Magic was my first anime con and I really really enjoyed it. I met cool people that will always be my friends. Thanks so much for making a great con for me to toddle around in.