Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-10-2010, 06:22 PM   #46
E. Hyde
likes synthetic fibers

So, I stayed up til 5 reading Mistborn last night, and now I need to make a mistborn cloak.
E. Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-10-2010, 07:25 PM   #47
GraelynRose
I am the Bad Wolf

I have a load of literary costumes I would like to make. The following list is just a few.

Nynaeve - Wheel of Time
Arya - A Song of Ice and Fire
Daeny - A Song of Ice and Fire
Kahlan - Sword of Truth
Cara - Sword of Truth
Dagny - Atlas Shrugged
Claire - Outlander
Chani - Dune
Katsucon
AwesomeCon
Clovercon
Wizard World Philly
Otakon
L.I. Who
"You're the one that I love, and I'm saying goodbye. Say something. I'm giving up on you."

Last edited by GraelynRose : 03-14-2010 at 04:25 AM.
GraelynRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2010, 07:46 PM   #48
Jia Jem
replicant
Rock Star Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champuro View Post
Weetzie Bat from Weetzie Bat
I was Weetzie Bat for Halloween... 10 years ago. XD I bleached my hair and made a dress out of some very old Disney bedsheets. I wonder if I can find pictures...

The Weetzie Bat series (Dangerous Angels now, but they didn't have a compilation when I was wee) was pretty much my bible in high school. That's how I wanted life to be. To move in with all my artsy friends and have a Weetzie Bat house - I think my dreams came true because I always work on such fantastic, creative projects with my roommates and friends.

Last edited by Jia Jem : 03-11-2010 at 08:01 PM.
Jia Jem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2010, 09:32 PM   #49
lunaladyoflight
Glitter Addict

Not really obscure, but I'm planning to cosplay Sookie Stackhouse so I can get Sam Trammell to sign my Merlotte's bar apron at Dragon*Con
Unread 03-13-2010, 06:38 PM   #50
Diefbaby

It is so much fun to cosplay as a literary character. One of my first full cosplays was Susan Sto-Helit from the Discworld books. A surprising number of people knew who I was!

If you're gonna break the rules, break 'em good and hard!-Granny Weatherwax
Diefbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 07:45 PM   #51
Gingersweet

I can't really see MYSELF cosplaying them, but I'd be so ridiculously happy if I ever came across any of the main characters from the Black Jewels Trilogy.

Jaenelle, Daemon, Surreal, Lucivar.... Oh the fangirl in me would burst from happiness. :3
Gingersweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2010, 09:14 AM   #52
MagiFox
Spacey-Wacey

Maximum Ride is a dream for me due to that the wings would be the most expensive part of the costume, since I'd have to make them by hand. Luckily the first two volumes of the manga have come out, so it gives a bit more references to the Flock and what clothes they wear. (Although, Fang through Vol. 1 and mid-Vol. 2 looks similar to a character from D. Gray Man before he gets a makeover).

The Abhorsen Trilogy is my fave book series ever since I read them back in Junior High. I'd LOVE to cosplay Sabriel and ring the bells for fun while wearing the key-dusted cloak. Need to make a Mogget (cat) plushie to accompany me too. ;D
Danny Phantom (Danny Phantom)
Randy Cunningham [Ninja Suit] (RC9GN)
Hades [Female] (Hercules (Disney))
Sixth Doctor [Female] (Doctor Who)

[~Upcoming Events~]
Otakuthon 2014 l Montreal Comic Con 2014

Last edited by MagiFox : 03-16-2010 at 01:08 PM.
MagiFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2010, 10:47 PM   #53
AnneGwiish
The Pedo-Leech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaChu View Post

I also want to cosplay Zillah from Lost Souls? by Poppy Z. Brite although I would obviouslly need a Nothing.
OMG Zillah is one of my dream cosplays. Seriously.
I even have a bottle of chartruese. No lie.

We must NEVER be boring.

[/size]
AnneGwiish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2010, 10:54 PM   #54
GraelynRose
I am the Bad Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingersweet View Post
I can't really see MYSELF cosplaying them, but I'd be so ridiculously happy if I ever came across any of the main characters from the Black Jewels Trilogy.

Jaenelle, Daemon, Surreal, Lucivar.... Oh the fangirl in me would burst from happiness. :3
If I didn't have so many costumes I would like to do, I would do Jaenelle. Might add that to my list though. Still, I'd like to cosplay characters from the Wheel of Time, Song of Ice and Fire, and Sword of Truth series first.
Katsucon
AwesomeCon
Clovercon
Wizard World Philly
Otakon
L.I. Who
"You're the one that I love, and I'm saying goodbye. Say something. I'm giving up on you."
GraelynRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 05:50 PM   #55
makotohanabi
Chuu?

Yay! Other ASoIaF cosplayers. Have the fabric for Lyanna Stark and thinking about cosplaying either Obara Sand or a Sworn Brother of the Night's Watch. Been making sketches for a Jon the Fiddler from "The Mystery Knight" for a few weeks now.

Been thinking about cosplaying Seloria from the Imager series by L.E. Modesitt on and off since I read Imager's Challenge.
Unread 03-26-2010, 02:14 AM   #56
E. Hyde
likes synthetic fibers

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Hyde View Post
So, I stayed up til 5 reading Mistborn last night, and now I need to make a mistborn cloak.
Mission accomplished! http://www.cosplay.com/costume/291150/

I also finished my Sabriel costume, but pictures from that will have to wait a bit.
Unread 04-08-2010, 07:18 PM   #57
baw61983

How have literary costumes done at cons? Have people known who you are?
baw61983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2010, 05:47 PM   #58
Kortoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by baw61983 View Post
How have literary costumes done at cons? Have people known who you are?
It's so awkward when you have to stop and explain. Anyway, I would never hesitate to do a costume just because "nobody would recognize it".

My favorite is the Conan stories by Robert E. Howard, and no, I don't plan to be Conan, just one or two of the supporting characters in the stories.
Kortoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 12:18 AM   #59
umbrellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiFox View Post
The Abhorsen Trilogy is my fave book series ever since I read them back in Junior High. I'd LOVE to cosplay Sabriel and ring the bells for fun while wearing the key-dusted cloak. Need to make a Mogget (cat) plushie to accompany me too. ;D
This- so very this. If I were to make a literary costume I'd love to do the Abhorsen- though I'd want proper bells, so it'd likely be expensive (or at least one or two proper bells).

I'd probably do Lirael, but then I'd want to bring my dog ^_^;;

Or at the very least do some pictures with her. She reminds me of the Disreputable Dog very much. Fierce, independent, but also quite motherly.

Other than that, I would love love LOVE to do some DiTerlizzi inspired Planescape characters. Pentar in particular would be so fun. Though a generic Xaositect or Revolutionary Leaguer would be super fun too. My best friend's already got a Bleak Cabal costume, so we could be obscure together
umbrellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 12:36 AM   #60
E. Hyde
likes synthetic fibers

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbrellas View Post
This- so very this. If I were to make a literary costume I'd love to do the Abhorsen- though I'd want proper bells, so it'd likely be expensive (or at least one or two proper bells).
These bells are what I used for my costume -- they obviously need to be painted, and they're all the same size, but they're tuned (in a C-Major scale) so you can actually play music on them, which was the most important bit for me (er, not that playing music on them is in-character). I don't know if they'd meet your criteria but I thought I'd share.