Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Hellsing

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-22-2004, 05:44 AM   #1
Kato_Arabel

Greets to all. Hellsing Jackal anyone?

Greetings. Have been searching around for some time, and I thought I'd mosey on in here and see if anyone has any leads on where I can get ahold of a gas blowback airsoft version of Arucard's handgun, the Jackal.

I'm also looking to see if I can find a QUALITY Arucard outfit that looks as accurate as it can be to the Anime. I'm a stickler for details.

I noticed that a japanese company manufactures full functional Jackals for airsoft use, but they say they can't ship to America, to the best of my knowledge -- damned gun laws are driving me nuts. Any guys know a way around that crap so I can get my hands on it? I'm aching for it.

Signed,
Kato
Kato_Arabel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-22-2004, 12:12 PM   #2
daguru
(SebastiAn Remix)

Dai Nippon Ginken ships some of there guns to the U.S., but not the GOOD ones (i.e. Vash's and Alucard's).

They're the only company I know of that makes airsoft versions of the Jackal. But seriously, do you really want one? You can't bring it to ANY convention (well, legally you can't), and they're expensive as heck. I'd rather have a prop gun that doesn't shoot anything. That way, I can bring it to a con.

As for the coat, http://www.abbyshot.com/ is starting to manufacture their own Alucard coat. If you want to buy one, you could get one when they are finished. Or, if all else fails, I can sew a red one using my coat pattern. (you can see my manga version of Alucard in my gallery)

Note to self: "Napalm sticks to babies" is not a good campaign slogan
daguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2004, 05:26 PM   #3
Kato_Arabel

Well, then. What about those official Limited Edition replicas, I believe they were made of wood, and well-made. I found some stores that had it posted, but were out of stock -- does anyone have a set of the .454 Casull and Jackal replicas lying around?

And as to the reason why I wanted a functional version of the Jackal -- I'm going to be playing Airsoft, and I want to make my opponents s**t their pants when they see me whip out the Jackal.
Unread 08-22-2004, 08:27 PM   #4
daguru
(SebastiAn Remix)

lol

well, to give you a heads-up on them, those limited edition replicas don't fire anything and the handles are VERY small. (Japenese people generally have smaller hands than us). They almost seem like kid toys. They're also made out of plastic. Wood would've been too expensive and too heavy to package with the limited edition dvds. They also came with Alucard gloves.
Unread 08-22-2004, 09:58 PM   #5
BlackMarth
BUILT THIS IN A CAVE

You're looking at about 2-3 months, maybe a bit longer, until Abbyshot finishes the Alucard coat. They will also include the hat. Though, be mindful, the prices are high because it's assumed you want to actually USE the coat outside of cosplay.
Unread 08-23-2004, 02:49 AM   #6
Kato_Arabel

Alucard coat, full functionality? AWESOME! I'm definitely purchasing my own. I'll have to ask them to make sure it's a darker, bloodier red, though...blazing bright red doesn't seem very anime-ish to me.

And I'm aware the limited edition pistols are made of wood, but I'm wondering if ANYONE is selling them?
Unread 08-23-2004, 10:04 AM   #7
Giant Alucard
DooD, it is Glorious!

I like the Enigma coats, very nice, Although on the pricey side.

Kato: do you mean red like my coat (check my costumes page). If you want it like that i may have a person who can make it for you, just depends on when you need it and such.

If your looking for the hellsing guns, you can buy the replicas on ebay, which is what I did. And daguru is right, they do feel alot like toys, since I am very big, and have very large hands.

I seem to remember someone buy a airsoft replica of the jackal at Katsucon last year though.... I'll try and get in touch with them and find out if they know where you can get one.

Spartan - 300
Riddick - Chronicles of Riddick
Rios - Army of Two
Lister - Red Dwarf
Junpei - Megatokyo
Luchadore - Nuff Said
Giant Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2004, 10:45 AM   #8
BlackMarth
BUILT THIS IN A CAVE

I know Poseidon carries the guns, but they cannot ship to the US. There was a person who had all the kits that was selling them, but as far as I know, he doesn't have anymore.

Abbyshot is going to use a darker red, and plus, since it'll most likely be in Commander fabric, it comes in a crapload of colors, so you can even go for the black variant. And yes, while it is pricey, Enigma is a luxurious coat, and one helluva waterproof raincoat.
Unread 08-23-2004, 02:21 PM   #9
Kato_Arabel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Alucard
I like the Enigma coats, very nice, Although on the pricey side.

Kato: do you mean red like my coat (check my costumes page). If you want it like that i may have a person who can make it for you, just depends on when you need it and such.

If your looking for the hellsing guns, you can buy the replicas on ebay, which is what I did. And daguru is right, they do feel alot like toys, since I am very big, and have very large hands.

I seem to remember someone buy a airsoft replica of the jackal at Katsucon last year though.... I'll try and get in touch with them and find out if they know where you can get one.
The red you mentioned that I saw in your photos are still a bit bright, I prefer something that doesn't seem to shine so brightly in daylight. I don't think the real Alucard would like a coat that is practically a reflective beacon to his enemies.

And, Blackmarth, I'm considering purchasing the Vash coat for daily use, along with the Alucard coat. Problem is, I'm no rich bastard. My income is very low, as I have no job and I'm living on social security (I'm deaf, I get the benefits).
Unread 08-23-2004, 04:17 PM   #10
kylash327
PlasticGeek.com

check ebay occationally, i know a guy who just sold his blowback Jackal for $225, i kicked myself for not buying it, but he had just sold me his Manga version Casull. Occationally you can get lucky... its also helpfull if you know someone who knows someone in japan.
kylash327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2004, 05:22 PM   #11
daguru
(SebastiAn Remix)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato_Arabel
I don't think the real Alucard would like a coat that is practically a reflective beacon to his enemies.
not to be rude, but...
1. He's Dracula. Red is his color.
2. That particular shade of red is crimsom red, the color of uncoagulated blood (fresh blood)
3. If he did look like a homing beacon, I'm pretty sure that would be on purpose. He has walked the earth for several hundered years searching for the perfect fight. I would assume, since he kept in London by Integra, that he wants the ultimate enemy to come to him.

but, to each his own. Variants of costumes are quite cool (i'm a variant also). I'm just obsessed with Hellsing.

EDIT: oh, and uh, the limited edition guns are plastic

Note to self: "Napalm sticks to babies" is not a good campaign slogan
Unread 08-24-2004, 10:01 AM   #12
kylash327
PlasticGeek.com

Actually in the manga alucard knows the red is a beacon for his enemies, thats why he wears a suit on his trip to South America *points to his avatar*
kylash327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2004, 04:06 PM   #13
Kato_Arabel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylash327
Actually in the manga alucard knows the red is a beacon for his enemies, thats why he wears a suit on his trip to South America *points to his avatar*

Well, naturally. =.=

Either way, I'm still hunting for "That Damn Jackal", and a Casull. Does -anyone- know anyone who can sell me one, or get me in touch with someone who can sell me, or whatever?!
Unread 09-29-2004, 06:00 PM   #14
paintballguy954
Kuroneko-Sama

well I'm working on that problem myself, I guess the most expeient thing to do would be to comission someone to make them, good luck finding anyone I havent baan able to, and those that I have found are usualy to busy with other work.
paintballguy954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2004, 06:12 PM   #15
Thefriend
Alucard O.o

Im looking for the same stuff..coat, hat, and both guns.
Thefriend is offline   Reply With Quote