Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Hellsing

Unread 01-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #31
IntraVentus
What of this Siren?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigress View Post
I find that if I stay where it's air conditioned and keep water handy, I'm okay. At Otakon, I walked around in Integra on Friday afternoon and Bondage-card that evening and I felt fine.

I'm going to be happy that I have Integra this weekend. (Winter cons... BRRRR!)
Oooh. What convention are you hitting up? 8D

I N T R A V E N T U S
Inn-trŭh-Věn-Tŭss
Cosplay Facebook Page

Katsucon 2013:
EMMA FROST (New X-Men: First Series)
MORRIGAN AENSLAND (Darkstalkers)
MONTE BLANC (Sakizou Artwork)
TRISH (Devil May Cry)
INTEGRA HELLSING (Hellsing Ultimate)

IntraVentus is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-08-2010, 11:22 AM   #32
CapriciousThief
Escape Artist

There seem to be a fair amount of them over here in the bay area of California. At Fanime 09 I had a small Hellsing cosplay group that consisted of me as Schrodinger, a Young Walter, and two Seras'. And the gathering that year was pretty sizable! It was only one of two gatherings I had ever been to, but it was definitely the better of the two. Hellsing cosplayers are always fun to meet and chat with, it seems like.

Billy Hatcher (Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg) - 45%
Wasp (Avengers: EMH!) - 20%
Yorda (ICO) - 10%
Yuuka (Touhou Project) - 65%
CapriciousThief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 05:41 PM   #33
InuYashalvr48
Ear Tweaker

I always see a couple at ACen every year, at a pretty steady number. I think for this particular con, temperature doesn't matter because they always keep the convention center at a cool -500 degrees.

This is my first year doing a Hellsing cosplay and I am so excited. My boyfriend is going as The Captain (military uniform) and I am going as The Captain (full werewolf form). Can't wait!!
Sunday:Crazed Mion~Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
InuYashalvr48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 10:18 PM   #34
ComasticSpazz

I saw 3 really good ones at my convention but once it was over I found out that there were actually like 20 XD
ComasticSpazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 10:32 PM   #35
ShiNo_Usagi
Noms Are Belong To Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComasticSpazz View Post
I saw 3 really good ones at my convention but once it was over I found out that there were actually like 20 XD
lol, this makes me feel too old to cosplay XD

Copernicus - 5%
Blood Seras - 90%
Bobby Uniform Seras - 5%
Kalashnikitty - Planned

*~Progress~*

ShiNo_Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 11:15 PM   #36
Blue Eyed Matador
Rituel Diabolique

IRONY. I used to live in Dallas but that was before I discovered cosplay T_T

I still cosplay from Hellsing, but not as vigilantly as I used to d/t wanting to do other costumes, too. I think the drop is due in a lot to the OVA not coming out in English anymore. Once Hirano starts back writing The Dawn or the OVA picks up in English again, I think there will be a rise in costumers.

2011 Costume Progress:
Lisa Tepes // Taokaka v2 // Maid Integra Hellsing // Sir Integral Hellsing // Alexiel // Seras Victoria // Queen Barby // Mozenrath // Sophitia // Tsukino Usagi (Swimsuit) // Sweet Pea (0%) // Princess Allura (0%) // Sarah Williams (10%)]) // Captain America USO Girl(10%)]) // Celty (10%)

*Bolded costumes are 100% finished.
Blue Eyed Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 09:12 PM   #37
IntraVentus
What of this Siren?

Not going to lie. I was one of the few Hellsing cosplayers at Anime North 2009. There was a small gathering - and besides that I only ran into a few other Seras/Alucard cosplayers. IWF, indeed. This is why there has been a significant dwindle of Hellsing cosplayers.

If only they'd get their asses moving on the Dubs.

I N T R A V E N T U S
Inn-trŭh-Věn-Tŭss
Cosplay Facebook Page

Katsucon 2013:
EMMA FROST (New X-Men: First Series)
MORRIGAN AENSLAND (Darkstalkers)
MONTE BLANC (Sakizou Artwork)
TRISH (Devil May Cry)
INTEGRA HELLSING (Hellsing Ultimate)

IntraVentus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2010, 04:43 PM   #38
AceOfCraze

Hey there. I think it's pretty sad that there a lack of Hellsing cosplays because it's such a good anime. So to cheer you up, here's some photos of my older Walter cosplay and I'm cosplaying as him to London MCM Expo 2010. And it's gonna be my first convention and first time cosplaying in public, I'm glad I'm cosplaying as Walter, I love him!

Willy Wonka - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Book Version)
Human!The Smiler - Alton Towers Roller Coaster Gijinka
Wilson Higgsbury - Don't Starve
AceOfCraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2010, 03:15 AM   #39
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

Funimation has gotten the greenlight to start work on dubbing Volumes 5 - 7, so we may see an uptick in Hellsing costumes soon. Like BEM, I'm finding myself wearing Integra less and less. Not because I love the character any less, but because I just don't know when I'd wear her among my other costume commitments.

I actually decided to leave Integra at home for AWA because I was already bringing five costumes (Rainbow Brite, Ponyo, Oboro, Kefka Palazzo and a "formal" version of Ponyo for the ball) and I simply didn't have room or time for a sixth!

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2011, 04:07 PM   #40
Tsukiyomisakura

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntraVentus View Post
Not going to lie. I was one of the few Hellsing cosplayers at Anime North 2009. There was a small gathering - and besides that I only ran into a few other Seras/Alucard cosplayers. IWF, indeed. This is why there has been a significant dwindle of Hellsing cosplayers.

If only they'd get their asses moving on the Dubs.

I do believe I and my friend's hung out with you, I went as rip and I had an Alucard and overly tall Schrodinger with me - He's getting older and becoming more manly and taller - I think soon were going to be like "yeah... you know your so tall....Like go do captain" he is the youngest one of our group though.

If your coming back to anime north I am going to be having a group of 4 or more Hellsing cosplayers around, I just hope it's nicer then 2009 because some of the cosplayers didn't want to do anything and were kinda stuck up in a sense, last year though we had lots of fun and there were about 12 or more of us total.
Tsukiyomisakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2011, 10:06 PM   #41
ItalyxTsuna

while its true that I haven't seen many, I don't believe they are completely non-existent...
ItalyxTsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2011, 05:32 PM   #42
Celephais

Unfortunatly I've also came to notice the lack of hellsing cosplays which really saddens me since I totally love this anime and it's utterly awesome but only getting so little attention.

Well, you DO see Alucards and Seras and also some Integras but what's about e.g. Iscariot? They only get very little love.

I'm going to be Yumie at my next con (it's the Connichi, a German convention) and luckily I've managed to find an Alexander Anderson cosplayer to join me but we're still searching for Heinkel and Maxwell yet it does'nt look like there would be anyone willing to do them.

I really hope that there will be an uprising of the amount of Hellsing cosplays after the release of OVA 8 and the dubbing of OVA 5.

Last edited by Celephais : 06-23-2011 at 06:52 AM.
Celephais is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2011, 06:22 AM   #43
Angelx624
Grell's #1 Fangirl

Well, I'll be cosplaying Rip Van Winkle very soon~ ^^ And I'm really looking forward to cosplaying her~

But yes, I did see a good number of Hellsing cosplayers at Fanime, this year~ :3 Also, I've recently became a fan of the series, but it's good from what I've seen so far~! ^^
Ian Yorkland
Teru
Captain Marvelous
Akikoroid
Apple Bloom
Taffyta Muttonfudge
Angelx624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2011, 04:49 PM   #44
heeroluva

There aren't many which is a sad thing, because some of the outfits are amazing.
heeroluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2011, 04:45 PM   #45
kracken29
You gotta deal with it

The number of Hellsing cosplayers is starting to rise, I think, especially since OVA's 6 & 7 came out.. There were a few at ANext this year, same with CTCon.
kracken29 is offline   Reply With Quote