Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-01-2011, 10:51 AM   #151
Mr Trauma Queen

Tutorial 1
Tutorial 2

Watcha Guys Think :3
First time doing this D;

Unread 07-01-2011, 11:14 AM   #152
tn_scotsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Trauma Queen View Post
Tutorial 1
Tutorial 2

Watcha Guys Think :3
First time doing this D;
Those look great!

Visit my blog for costume build progress and pictures - The Real Redneck Geek
tn_scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2011, 01:50 PM   #153
CrystalBanshee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_scotsman View Post
Sorry you were sick. I hate being sick in the summer.

If you've got the right people, road trips can be great. Only problem for us is, my wife and I are the only cosplayers we know in town. So we would just have to drag others along, and most of my friends are younger than me and in the in between period of post college poor and have job now income.

I gave up on trying to match body types after at one con I saw 2 300 pound Wonder Womans, a couple of 200+ pounder Slave Leias, etc. I quickly came to the realization that Body Type <> Cosplay Limitations.
Besides, unless you're built like a line backer, no one could play a good Subject Delta.
I wouldn't want to wear a fat or muscle suit under a Big Daddy or Delta costume anyway. Going to be hot enough in Atlanta in September without extra foam insulation.

If you were looking for something to use as Delta's blue suit, I bought a work jumpsuit, like a Carhardt jump suit but not their brand. I have a leather like material that I am going to sew on for all the patches and leather trim.
For my wife's Big Sister suit, we got a khaki colored flight suit, washed it to try and soften the color and have ended up turning it inside out. I'm thinking with a little airbrushing, it will look pretty good. Got both from Amazon.

I'm just going to leave these right here.

Pic1
Pic2
Pic3
Pic4
Oh I knew I couldn't play perfect Delta cosplay, I did get a laugh out of the this realization when I remembered how bad my first blueprints for the backpack were. I measured my back height but not width, haha.

Yeah I am in the college poor area so that is why I am pulling together an ACEN group. It is a well known con and an easy one to plan for. Plus who knows Trauma Queen may join.

OHHHHHHH! Me like Heath and EVE tanks! Me really like tanks!

Mr Trauma Queen- Nice! Love your tutorials Trauma Queen. I feel like I could do make A big-sister mask which is saying a lot for a person who sucks at plaster. Hahaha.
CrystalBanshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2011, 03:19 PM   #154
Mr Trauma Queen

Thanks guys for your feedback guys
Unread 07-04-2011, 02:46 PM   #155
mikcy
subject zero

I ended up finding a cat mask from the dollar store. Helloooo splicer costume!

cosplays 2013
♫c.viper (street fighter iv) → jack (mass effect 3) → elsa (frozen) → morrigan (dragon age: inquisition) ♫

tumblrfb
mikcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2011, 03:55 PM   #156
tn_scotsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikcy View Post
I ended up finding a cat mask from the dollar store. Helloooo splicer costume!
Welcome to Rapture.

Just be sure to let us see some pics of the costume

On a semi-related note, the splicer hooks I was commissioned to make are coming along nicely. The bad weather and high humidity for a week had no real negative impact. It did cause some of the mache to loosen, but sand it off, apply additional layer, and all good again. If this rain would stop, I could be resin coating them now.

Unread 07-06-2011, 10:44 PM   #157
CrystalBanshee

WELL!

It has been a very...VERRRRYYY....stressful build but I have final completed the mold for Delta head. I will cast the latex tomorrow and step away from the project for awhile while I work out the other blue prints.

Sadly there was more damage to the internal mold then I had hoped for and it nearly didn't happen! Some how the clay fused a very tight bond with the clay in which I had to damage the mold to remove it and too my limited space and budget I was unable to make the enforced bar under the bolts in the front of the mask...I am going to do my best to age Delta with sea slime and barnacles.

I have also began to warn people around me that if they make one crack about the mask I will drop kick them!

Once I have a mask I will post my lovely pictures.

See you soon...
Unread 07-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #158
tn_scotsman

Hang in there CB. You're in the home stretch. No cosplay build from Bioshock will be easy, and I think only those of us that have attempted it truly understand the amount of detail that these characters have. Truly a credit to the designers. Plus add to that, you're doing a latex cast. I've never known anyone else to ever try this with latex, so big points there. Lastly, if you are anything like me, you do have to force yourself away and find a stopping point, and that is not easy. I'm always seeing things I've done wrong, could do better, etc. Just this morning, I realized that I could have used two oatmeal cans instead of the 5 pound PVC pipe (and I may still make the switch). Its all a learning process.

Very much looking forward to the pictures of the final product (and any in between you might have)

Unread 07-07-2011, 02:33 PM   #159
CrystalBanshee

Quote:
Hang in there CB. You're in the home stretch. No cosplay build from Bioshock will be easy, and I think only those of us that have attempted it truly understand the amount of detail that these characters have. Truly a credit to the designers. Plus add to that, you're doing a latex cast. I've never known anyone else to ever try this with latex, so big points there. Lastly, if you are anything like me, you do have to force yourself away and find a stopping point, and that is not easy. I'm always seeing things I've done wrong, could do better, etc. Just this morning, I realized that I could have used two oatmeal cans instead of the 5 pound PVC pipe (and I may still make the switch). Its all a learning process.

Very much looking forward to the pictures of the final product (and any in between you might have)
I will Tn, I am glad you know how I feel cause the people around I don't think fully know how hard it is to step away even for a second. I haven't even begun work on the back back or suit but I am always looking for material, so thanks for the support, it means a lot. I had my saving grace today, a friend of old called me up hearing about my latex mask adventures and has offered her help. She says if I can hold off for a little bit she will be able to help me fix up the minor interior damages with a little more Ultra Cal.

I will be uploading photos through at the day of stages of the process so keep an eye out everyone, later ^^

EDIT: Grrr, the photo system on this forum does not like Kodak and Gimp edited photos...I am looking into a cosplay blog for myself so I don't have to deal with these annoying errors.

Last edited by CrystalBanshee : 07-07-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Unread 07-08-2011, 12:41 PM   #160
tn_scotsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalBanshee View Post
Grrr, the photo system on this forum does not like Kodak and Gimp edited photos...I am looking into a cosplay blog for myself so I don't have to deal with these annoying errors.
Personally, I use blogspot (as you can tell) and Windows Live Writer to create the blog and add pics. Writer makes it really easy, just drag and drop and they are uploaded to Picasa when you publish.

My Delta health tube sprung a leak yesterday. Had to drain it, which was humorous, re-seal the tube and will be refilling and putting it back on today. Hopefully it will hold this time.

Also, my next project arrived today. My mailman delivered to me not one, not two, but three antique gas pump handles, which as you may know are KEY to making little sister Eve syringes. I'm going to make all 3, keep one and sell 2 off, so more on the way!!!

Unread 07-09-2011, 04:15 PM   #161
Mithrenniel
Soylent Green: For Humani

how much are you planning to sell them for?
---}{---
Planning on Going to
---}{---
Anime Detour(MN)2013

Find me online and say hi!
FF.net; LoliPear the WaltzQueen
AnimeDetour fourms & DeviantArt; WaltzQueen
Youtube; shuri
Mithrenniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #162
tn_scotsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithrenniel View Post
how much are you planning to sell them for?
Mithrenniel, sent you a message about the above.

Today was a crap day, and the only way I can sum it up is...
I F*$#ING HATE GRAVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My wife and I were moving the helmet and its stand. We set the helmet over onto a chair and I thought it was OK. Then while getting the stand ready to move...SLAM!CRASH! The helmet ends up in the floor.
The fall cracked the chest, chipped one of the lights, and scrapped off some of the faceplate area. I think it is repairable, but I only have 50 days to fix it, my wife's costume, and build a trunk to move all this to Atlanta. NOT WHAT I NEEDED!
Now, I've got the cracks patching. I'll still have to sand, patch, prime, paint, and resin the whole thing again. This blows.
Now if you'll excuse me, I need a lot to drink.

Unread 07-27-2011, 04:27 PM   #163
alliebeth
Show me your teeth.

Anyone happen to have any reference photos of the bottom of Elizabeth's skirt from Bioshock Infinite? I've been looking all over and can't seem to find any. I've seen some do a ruffle, some to lace, some do a ruffle AND lace, and some make the skirt on an angle.....don't know which is the right way.
[/color][/size]
alliebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 09:01 AM   #164
tn_scotsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliebeth View Post
Anyone happen to have any reference photos of the bottom of Elizabeth's skirt from Bioshock Infinite? I've been looking all over and can't seem to find any. I've seen some do a ruffle, some to lace, some do a ruffle AND lace, and some make the skirt on an angle.....don't know which is the right way.
I found these two doing a quick Google Image search.

Pic 1 Pic 2

The hemline looks to be scalloped, so it would give an effect of it being ruffled without actually being ruffled.

Unread 08-10-2011, 12:10 PM   #165
alliebeth
Show me your teeth.

Quote:
I found these two doing a quick Google Image search.

Pic 1 Pic 2

The hemline looks to be scalloped, so it would give an effect of it being ruffled without actually being ruffled.
Hmm..yeah I found those too, but those are old Elizabeth, before they made her over, so not sure I want to go there. Thanks though!
[/color][/size]
alliebeth is offline   Reply With Quote