Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-10-2011, 03:20 PM   #166
mikcy
subject zero

Did you watch the 15 minute gameplay from E3? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEBwKO4RFOU They have some shots there (2:57 and 4:56+ has good shots). To me, it looks like a skirt on an angle with a slight ruffle.

cosplays 2013
♫c.viper (street fighter iv) → jack (mass effect 3) → elsa (frozen) → morrigan (dragon age: inquisition) ♫

tumblrfb

Last edited by mikcy : 08-10-2011 at 03:25 PM.
mikcy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-11-2011, 11:32 AM   #167
alliebeth
Show me your teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikcy View Post
Did you watch the 15 minute gameplay from E3? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEBwKO4RFOU They have some shots there (2:57 and 4:56+ has good shots). To me, it looks like a skirt on an angle with a slight ruffle.
Thank you for that! I hadn't seen it, now I can figure out what the bottom looks like
[/color][/size]
alliebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 11:51 AM   #168
mikcy
subject zero

Glad I could help! Her outfit is gorgeous and the game looks amazing. Good luck on the costume. :3

cosplays 2013
♫c.viper (street fighter iv) → jack (mass effect 3) → elsa (frozen) → morrigan (dragon age: inquisition) ♫

tumblrfb
Unread 08-12-2011, 03:11 PM   #169
tn_scotsman

Bet you wish you were coming to Dragon*Con now, huh?

Calling All Dragon*Con Cosplayers - Irrational Games At Annual Aquarium Night

This is going to be so cool!!!

Visit my blog for costume build progress and pictures - The Real Redneck Geek
tn_scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 11:08 AM   #170
mikcy
subject zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_scotsman View Post
Bet you wish you were coming to Dragon*Con now, huh?

Calling All Dragon*Con Cosplayers - Irrational Games At Annual Aquarium Night

This is going to be so cool!!!
DAMNIT! I was going to go, but I couldn't find someone to go with! Omg that's going to be so awesome

cosplays 2013

tumblrfb
Unread 08-30-2011, 08:46 AM   #171
tn_scotsman

Hey everyone. I know this thread has been way too quiet for way too long. I have the full Delta costume completed, tried on, reworked and packed for Dragon*Con. Unfortunately, the initial try on pics, really showed some areas I had to rework, and I don't want to show them off, but I will post pics of the final at Dragon*Con and especially at the Aquarium.
Some of the set backs from the try on were:
*One of the lights in face port shorting out - fixed with a penny and duct tape
*My face being seen in a flash picture - fixed with window tinting
*I built a Little Sister marionette, and have had to edit her out. Just too bulky, heavy, and only made the helmet more fragile. So instead of a little sister riding on my back, I may be using a small stuffed Yoda instead. Delta feels the force.
*The drill arm is starting to strip out and not spin so it will get very little moving use now. I know what the problem is, but there is no way to fix it without a complete rebuild. May try to build a quick launcher to carry as a just in case replacement.
*The helmet is way too big - no way to fix that. I have no idea what happened, but the scale just took off on me. I think it is where I built a support frame and cooling system into it for comfort. So, I am just going to go with it and maybe play up what I see as a comically over-sized head with the Yoda or other non-canon additions.
Things that did work:
*The paint looks great.
*Most the lights did work.
*Its not as heavy or hot as I worried it would be.
*If I were 8" taller and 70 pounds heavier, it would be perfect.

Wish me luck trying this out live at Dragon*Con. I'm planning on wearing it Friday and Saturday night, so I hope it survives Friday to get to Saturday.

Unread 08-31-2011, 05:01 PM   #172
Yummy Gamorah
Miss Gamorah, Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliebeth View Post
Thank you for that! I hadn't seen it, now I can figure out what the bottom looks like
I always read the bottom of the skirt as a petticoat with a ruffled edge sticking out myself. The bottom hem on both the skirt and petticoat is angled up one one side and on the side that lifts up the skirt side seam looks like it is ruched a bit. If you look really carefully in the horse scene you can see a little bit of the ruching(sp?) detail on that side. I hope that helps ^_^

Last edited by Yummy Gamorah : 08-31-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Yummy Gamorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2011, 01:38 AM   #173
CrystalBanshee

Hey everyone, I will be moving and posting all images of my work on my blog (see signature), the photo system doesn't like me. I will still chat up the forums but my work will be on my blog, kk, later all *hugs*

Costume status:

Subject Delta: 25% done.
CrystalBanshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2011, 10:36 AM   #174
alliebeth
Show me your teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummy Gamorah View Post
I always read the bottom of the skirt as a petticoat with a ruffled edge sticking out myself. The bottom hem on both the skirt and petticoat is angled up one one side and on the side that lifts up the skirt side seam looks like it is ruched a bit. If you look really carefully in the horse scene you can see a little bit of the ruching(sp?) detail on that side. I hope that helps ^_^
Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking. I should be able to make a two-panel circle skirt with a side channel and just cord it up.

Found the perfect boots from Charlotte Russe So happy. I have all the patterns, just need to save up for velvet ><....aaaa so much velvet!
[/color][/size]
Unread 09-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #175
tn_scotsman

Submitted for your approval:
Dragon*Con 2011 Friday Night

Unread 09-03-2011, 03:55 PM   #176
CrystalBanshee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_scotsman View Post
Submitted for your approval:
Dragon*Con 2011 Friday Night
NICE! Awesome job and I LOVE the bunny slicer mask!

Costume status:

Subject Delta: 25% done.
CrystalBanshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2011, 10:52 AM   #177
alliebeth
Show me your teeth.

EDIT2: SO happy; found a good shade of stretch velvet online from a wholesaler that also does small orders. $3.75/yd, 60" wide, and shipping isn't awful. The best part? My boyfriend is getting me the fabric as a really early birthday present! I'm getting this in dark navy

I would like some opinions on fabric for Elizabeth, please. Her jacket and skirt are most obviously low-sheen velvet, and while I'd love to stay as true to character as possible, I'm not sure I want to plunk down that much money on velvet. So, I have a few options that I'd like you to help me consider:

Option A: Suck it up and buy the nice stuff ($12.99/yd with a 40% off coupon. I would need about 10 yards of it because it is only 44" wide and that skirt is LONG). Price: $78 + tax.

Option B: Order stretch satin (EDIT: Well, they have my color in online, but they've jacked the price up to $12.99/yd!), which is 60" in width, so only 8 yards would be needed Price: $62 + tax

Option C: Don't use velvet. I've been eyeing some pretty suedecloth at Joann's that has pretty much the perfect color, and has at least some texture. I'm dead-set on NOT using crushed panne velvet (YUCK!), and, although I saw another cosplayer use what looked like plain cotton, I want some texture, so that's out.

The suedecloth is reg. $7.99/yd, so with 40% off coupon (I get these like every week :P), ~$5/yd, AND it's 60" wide, so again, only 8 yards. Price: ~$38 + tax.

Suedecloth

I'm leaning towards options B and C. There is also the option of buying enough of option C to make the jacket and seeing how much I like it.

I know that was a looong post...but I'd really like some outside opinions on this
[/color][/size]

Last edited by alliebeth : 09-06-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Unread 09-07-2011, 10:55 AM   #178
tn_scotsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalBanshee View Post
NICE! Awesome job and I LOVE the bunny slicer mask!
She was awesome! I have no idea who she is. She ran up and hugged me, we took a few pictures, and then she and my wife struck up a conversation. She came to the aquarium shoot too.

Quote:
EDIT2: SO happy; found a good shade of stretch velvet online from a wholesaler that also does small orders. $3.75/yd, 60" wide, and shipping isn't awful. The best part? My boyfriend is getting me the fabric as a really early birthday present! I'm getting this in dark navy
I know that was a looong post...but I'd really like some outside opinions on this
I'll always vote for the option where someone else buys the material
Looking forward to seeing the dress when it is done.

Unread 09-07-2011, 04:08 PM   #179
Yummy Gamorah
Miss Gamorah, Please!

Quote:

I would like some opinions on fabric for Elizabeth, please. Her jacket and skirt are most obviously low-sheen velvet, and while I'd love to stay as true to character as possible, I'm not sure I want to plunk down that much money on velvet. So, I have a few options that I'd like you to help me consider:

Option A: Suck it up and buy the nice stuff ($12.99/yd with a 40% off coupon. I would need about 10 yards of it because it is only 44" wide and that skirt is LONG). Price: $78 + tax.

Option B: Order stretch satin (EDIT: Well, they have my color in online, but they've jacked the price up to $12.99/yd!), which is 60" in width, so only 8 yards would be needed Price: $62 + tax

Option C: Don't use velvet. I've been eyeing some pretty suedecloth at Joann's that has pretty much the perfect color, and has at least some texture. I'm dead-set on NOT using crushed panne velvet (YUCK!), and, although I saw another cosplayer use what looked like plain cotton, I want some texture, so that's out.

The suedecloth is reg. $7.99/yd, so with 40% off coupon (I get these like every week :P), ~$5/yd, AND it's 60" wide, so again, only 8 yards. Price: ~$38 + tax.

Suedecloth

I'm leaning towards options B and C. There is also the option of buying enough of option C to make the jacket and seeing how much I like it.

Stretch Velvet is actually what I used on the one I made. I chose it initially because we weren't sure if we were going to need it to fit various models but it provided a lovely look to the costume. Though it was a little annoying at times because it wanted to do some weird stuff on seams.
On the plus I just recently shipped it to Seattle and back and the costume arrived with zero wrinkles O.o has to be something about the fabric.
Yummy Gamorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2011, 08:33 AM   #180
Mr Trauma Queen

Hey guys i havent been on in a while i had to take a long break due to funds but i am back up and rolling thanks to coupons lol. got paper clay for 3$ instead of 7$
yayaya
anyway still working on that silly helmet. if i had more fund i would be done by like next week cause i love the costume so much. ill be updating some pics later.
also gave up on tutorial.
might be motivaed when im done with it