Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-24-2010, 03:32 PM   #16
Iroh likes tea
firebender

one day when i have enough money i plan on making a big daddy cosplay...maybe a tin daddy for the new game
Iroh likes tea is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-26-2010, 02:27 PM   #17
Fullmetal
Super Special Awesome

Big Sister cosplay help?

OK so I'm going to try something like I've never done before. I'm planning on making a big sister cosplay from Bioshock 2. Did some research already and I know how to make the helmet and stuff. But I have no idea where to get the supplies... does anyone know where to get fiberglass, resin, red film gels, or flexible conduit. Also if anyone has any tips or advice, or warnings it would be greatly appreciated.
Fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2010, 08:58 PM   #18
CDF_Vagabond

Well if it will help me and a few of the members of the 405th have been working on the Big Sister and Delta Suit Pepakura files that will help people out so far we just have the Delta suit stuff done but we are still working on Big Sister.
CDF_Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2010, 10:01 PM   #19
Fullmetal
Super Special Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDF_Vagabond View Post
Well if it will help me and a few of the members of the 405th have been working on the Big Sister and Delta Suit Pepakura files that will help people out so far we just have the Delta suit stuff done but we are still working on Big Sister.
What are you planning on using I have no idea where to get the materials I need.
Fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2010, 08:03 AM   #20
CDF_Vagabond

Building the hard parts of the suit using pepakura, which is basically paper, fiberglass and bondo. If you would like the files just PM your e-mail to me and I'll send them to you. they are all game accurate files to my knowledge.
CDF_Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2010, 12:39 PM   #21
The Evil One
Insane Cosplayer

Workin' on a Big Daddy Delta and a Big Sister. Though with 32 days before the local con and funds so low I'm not sure I'll have enough to even make it to con I'm not sure they'll get done this year. Kudos to Volpin, his tutorial has been instrumental since I read through it.

And progress pics cause I have nothing more to add. Please excuse the mess XD
Big Sister's Helmet
Big Daddy Delta

Last edited by The Evil One : 02-28-2010 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Link mistake
The Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2010, 08:47 AM   #22
A. Saboteur
What do you require?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonfall View Post
Has anyone managed a Bioshock cosplay?
Not me personally, though I did see a pair doing joint BioShock cosplay at I-Con 28 last year - a Big Daddy and a Little Sister.

Not, perhaps, the most professional design in the world, but easily recognizable and pretty well done nonetheless. (I just wish I'd had spare batteries for my camera when I saw them, otherwise I would have taken a picture of 'em.)

"Send me the best you've got, send me your strongest machine!
The fight my brother fought, here - now - will end with me!
Is this the best you've got? Is this your strongest machine?
Now with one powershot, you'll see what vengeance means!"
--Mega Man, "Vengeance"
The Protomen: Act I - The Protomen (a/k/a The Sons of Fate)
A. Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2010, 08:10 PM   #23
sicdedman
SicLeatherFace

when i was at Comic-Con 09 there was someone Cosplaying as a Big Sister they looked Soo Awesome!! they had almost Every Detail down to a T. very impressed prob the best Cosplay i saw at Comic-Con for the last 2 years.

i would like to do a Big Daddy Cosplay but i think it would takes me years lol do to im not good at making things. im soo Critical when trying to get everything soo perfect lol.
PMX 2014 *8th Year* *3rd Year Staff* -- Loscon 2014 *3rd Year Staff*
sicdedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #24
Loess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmetal View Post
What are you planning on using I have no idea where to get the materials I need.
My fiance and I are scratch-building a Big Sister, our WIP thread is also over on the 405th boards. You can get just about everything you need at a home improvement or DIY store. We got most of the materials from Menards, and bit from Lowes (you mentioned fiberglass, walmart has that in the automotive section). The only specialty stuff we needed was the leather that we got from Tandy.
Loess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2010, 05:20 AM   #25
ghost0441

Here's another awesome big sister costume vid.
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1929389
You can find fiberglass resin and bondo at walmart in the automotive section. Flexible conduit and anything plumbing related can be found at lowes.
I'll be working on a big daddy for next years con season. I'm more concerned with weight and extended wearability than being to scale with an actual big daddy though they are impressive. Also volpin your big daddy costume was my pc wallpaper for the longest. Probably the best cosplay I've seen period.
ghost0441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2010, 10:51 PM   #26
MischaU

I've done two and am about to start a bioshock 2 little sister

Spider Splicer : http://www.cosplay.com/costume/276124/
Little Sister (bioshock 1) : http://www.cosplay.com/costume/262489/

A big sister is one of my dream cosplays - one day!
MischaU is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2010, 10:07 AM   #27
Sweeturk

Great to see some awesome Bioshock cosplays XD

Last edited by Sweeturk : 03-09-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Sweeturk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2010, 10:16 AM   #28
Cosplay_Colzy-X
Embrace Eternity

Hey Guys ^^
Was just wondering if anyone could help me? ^^'
I'm planning on doing a Little Sister cosplay from Bioshock 2 I'd prefer to have a pattern to work from for the dress but am having some trouble finding any >.<

I found a pretty good one by Butterick, I think its meant to be a costume pattern for Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz lol. Only problem is its a Child's pattern >.< so i'm not sure if its possible to alter it or not :/ But if anyone knows one I could use that would be much appreciated ^^

Also I really want to make the ADAM syringe the Little Sisters use. Iv'e seen most people use like an old gasoline pump? Iv'e tried ebay but the only ones iv'e been able to find are really expensive as thier apparently like antinque >.< So yeah if anyone knows where I could maybe get one cheap, please PM me ^^ Oh and i'm in the UK ^^'
LFCC~ July 2012
Hawke (Female, Mage) from Dragon Age II
London MCM Expo~ October 2012
The Hellequin from Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood OR Commander Shepard from Mass Effect 3
Cosplay_Colzy-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2010, 10:04 PM   #29
Loess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosplay_Colzy-X View Post
Hey Guys ^^
Was just wondering if anyone could help me? ^^'
I'm planning on doing a Little Sister cosplay from Bioshock 2 I'd prefer to have a pattern to work from for the dress but am having some trouble finding any >.<

I found a pretty good one by Butterick, I think its meant to be a costume pattern for Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz lol. Only problem is its a Child's pattern >.< so i'm not sure if its possible to alter it or not :/ But if anyone knows one I could use that would be much appreciated ^^

Also I really want to make the ADAM syringe the Little Sisters use. Iv'e seen most people use like an old gasoline pump? Iv'e tried ebay but the only ones iv'e been able to find are really expensive as thier apparently like antinque >.< So yeah if anyone knows where I could maybe get one cheap, please PM me ^^ Oh and i'm in the UK ^^'
My fiance and I found a pattern for an adult size Dorothy dress that my younger sister used for her costume, to go with my splicer and My fiance's Big Sister. We found the pattern at Walmart, I think it was from simplicity, so you might be able to find it locally, or order it online.

I managed to get one of those gas nozzles on ebay (expensive!), I'm planning to make a mold of it, and cast copies in plastic.
Loess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2010, 07:32 AM   #30
Cosplay_Colzy-X
Embrace Eternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loess View Post
My fiance and I found a pattern for an adult size Dorothy dress that my younger sister used for her costume, to go with my splicer and My fiance's Big Sister. We found the pattern at Walmart, I think it was from simplicity, so you might be able to find it locally, or order it online.

I managed to get one of those gas nozzles on ebay (expensive!), I'm planning to make a mold of it, and cast copies in plastic.
Ah thank you so much ^^ thats a massive help! Unfortunetly I can't seem to find them on the UK site so I had a quick look on ebay and think iv'e found a pretty good one So thanks a lot for that~

I know right! Think I may have found a cheap one although the nozzle part doesn't look as good as the older ones >.< but it will do if I can't find any others haha. Again thanks very much for your help, its much appreciated
LFCC~ July 2012
Hawke (Female, Mage) from Dragon Age II
London MCM Expo~ October 2012
The Hellequin from Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood OR Commander Shepard from Mass Effect 3
Cosplay_Colzy-X is offline   Reply With Quote