Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-10-2010, 11:59 AM   #31
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

When I do actually have the time to work and everything freely. I would like to either make myself a Big Daddy or a Big Sister. It's going to be a bit hard to find the parts or...Make it haha xD. But I'm sure we can all get along and help each other here.

https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-14-2010, 12:23 AM   #32
sungmina

Wow that Big Daddy cosplay is amazing... ohh Mr. Bubbles...

I think more people should cosplay Bioshock
sungmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2010, 01:51 AM   #33
KataniKoneko

Little Sister Syringe?

Is there a cheaper way to make them? I saw the SUPER AWESOME ONE here,

http://volpinprops.blogspot.com/2009...m-syringe.html

but I don't think I'll be able to make it.

Anyone find a different tutorial with cheaper materials?
KataniKoneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2010, 05:16 PM   #34
Cosplay_Colzy-X
Embrace Eternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by KataniKoneko View Post
Is there a cheaper way to make them? I saw the SUPER AWESOME ONE here,

http://volpinprops.blogspot.com/2009...m-syringe.html

but I don't think I'll be able to make it.

Anyone find a different tutorial with cheaper materials?
Iv'e also been thinking about this >.< but I think if you want to make it look good and accurate this would be the best tutorial but you don't have to use the exact same materials. I'm actually going to be making one of these myself soon and am finding it quite difficult (mainly the gasoline pump >.<) but ive found a cheap one that isn't antique (won't look as good but if I have nothing eles it will be better than nothing XD)

Some of the things he uses I may not be able to find simply because I live in the UK ^^' so am having to find alternatives. I would say to just use the tutorial as a guideline and find cheaper alternatives?? Don't forget Volpin is very experienced with prop-making (In my opinion haha) and knows what hes doing. Hope this helps in some way and good luck ^^

I would say though if anyone knows of a place to get the gasoline pump to please say so! I would much prefer to have an older looking one as they look much better but the cheapest Iv'e found was around £30 on ebay (about $40?) which is quite a lot when you don't have much money >.<
LFCC~ July 2012
Hawke (Female, Mage) from Dragon Age II
London MCM Expo~ October 2012
The Hellequin from Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood OR Commander Shepard from Mass Effect 3
Cosplay_Colzy-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2010, 03:00 PM   #35
MagicNein

I'd love to cosplay a Big Sister, but I'm poor.

Anyone know of an inexpensive, but still good-looking, way to make everything? I'm more than willing to spend over a year on this if I have to, considering availability of materials and such, but I really want to challenge myself to be better at Cosplay.

I've already bookmarked those awesome Big Daddy and Syringe pages. And yes, I'm on the hunt for a Job.
Unread 03-30-2010, 09:26 PM   #36
moonfall

I think a caulking gun might make a good syringe. I still want to do a Little Sister cosplay, but I'm wondering if it's better to resize a child's pattern or just find something similar for adults.
Raine Sage (Tales of Symphonia)
Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshitsuji, butler outfit)
Rose Bride Utena (Revolutionary Girl Utena, need new wig)
Twilight Sparkle's Gala Dress (My Little Pony: FiM)
moonfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 12:40 AM   #37
Faraday
oh modern man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonfall View Post
I think a caulking gun might make a good syringe. I still want to do a Little Sister cosplay, but I'm wondering if it's better to resize a child's pattern or just find something similar for adults.
Try looking for a Dorothy pattern (from Wizard of Oz), I think you'll have the most success altering one of those.
Unread 04-02-2010, 02:50 AM   #38
ghost0441

The caulk gun has the wrong kind of handle. The in game guns are actually more simple than what people have been reproducing. I'm making one myself out of PVC and foamboard. I just have the beginnings of it but after paint and final touches it shouldn't have cost me more than $15 from beginning to end. I have a pic of it on my big daddy costume if you're interested in what I'm talking about.
My big daddy hasn't been that expensive either since I'm forming everything out of cardboard and covering it with bondo instead of buying the security dome. Thus far everything has been cheap and relatively simple. Most everything can be made with foamcore, regular posterboard and bondo/fiberglass resin.
ghost0441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2010, 05:48 AM   #39
scenro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicNein View Post
I'd love to cosplay a Big Sister, but I'm poor.

Anyone know of an inexpensive, but still good-looking, way to make everything? I'm more than willing to spend over a year on this if I have to, considering availability of materials and such, but I really want to challenge myself to be better at Cosplay.

I've already bookmarked those awesome Big Daddy and Syringe pages. And yes, I'm on the hunt for a Job.
Cardboard... it does wonders and CAN be light weight... just doesnt do well with water (no duh)

And i cosplayed s a Splicer for Wondercon, was fun. im all for being a splicer again. might even take commissions for splicers masks. ill post my current one for show. (will post in Avatar image in a sec)
scenro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2010, 01:37 PM   #40
ksqueak

i'm a little sister

take a look at my cosplay! the gun is not too hars to make if you buy an antique gas pump off of ebay just the handle part. The actuall costume is hard to make though. I got to wear mine to wondercon but sadly not a lot of people knew who i was at all. i took over 100 pictures with people though!

What i like though isi made my costume before the second game even came out so it made it an extra challange and i'm quite happy with the way it came out!
ksqueak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 04:56 AM   #41
Kuchiki-chan
Curse Chicka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksqueak View Post
take a look at my cosplay! the gun is not too hars to make if you buy an antique gas pump off of ebay just the handle part. The actuall costume is hard to make though. I got to wear mine to wondercon but sadly not a lot of people knew who i was at all. i took over 100 pictures with people though!

What i like though isi made my costume before the second game even came out so it made it an extra challange and i'm quite happy with the way it came out!
Your little sister costume is really accurate.. it's awesome. I, too found an antique gas pump off ebay but I'm pretty sure everyone is trying to get one of these suckers.. every one I tried bidding on was up to like 7 bids atleast. Even if you can't get an antique one, you can always paint it to look weathered and old. As for the dress, we got a Dorthy from Wizard of Oz pattern by Butterick and just altered it to fit (it was a kid's pattern). It had every detail the little sister dress has though.. My main problem was finding the correct kind of fabric, so I had to dye the closest pin stripe fabric I could find.
Kuchiki-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 10:52 AM   #42
umbrellas

Hey, not doing one of these costumes meself, but I saw this while surfing the other day and thought you guys might appreciate it.

http://www.geekologie.com/2010/02/am...big_sister.php

Wish he'd comment on how he put it together- but I think even just seeing the harness might give some good ideas.

Gleaned costume tips aside, it's a bloody cool costume and really quite well done ^_^
umbrellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2010, 05:13 PM   #43
ProjectMatrix

I have plans for a big sister but i'm currently working on samus aran from metroid prime: corruption. @umbrellas: the only thing i don't like about is costume is the tank is tilted a lot and it's obvious the thing weighs a ton! I give him props though, looks great! I tried getting antique polio braces off of ebay for my big sister but it appears EVERYONE wanted them because even with 8 hours left, it got up to $109.00 O.O ....i think i'll just make my own

Current Cosplay:
Infested Kerrigan (Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm)

Up Next:
Traveler (Journey)
ProjectMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2010, 10:28 AM   #44
Zombii

Hiya folks! I'm planning on doing a very specific Big Sister from BioShock 2(Won't say who, but it's in my sig, and look at the risk of spoilers). I have a basic idea on how I'm going to construct the cosplay, but I'm having a hard time figuring out something on it.

The actual suit. Should I just sew up a full body suit from scratch, or should I get a wetsuit of some kind? I'm trying to think financially, but also accurately, and I can't seem to find a wetsuit like the one she has.

Reference pictures of her are here!

Thanks in advanced!
Sunday: Madotsuki(Yume Nikki) - 40%
ConnectiCon '11
Friday: Nepeta Leijon/arsenicCatnip(Homestuck) - 40%
Saturday: Fem!Red Sniper(Team Fortress 2) - 0%
Sunday: Madotsuki(Yume Nikki) - 0%
Zombii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2010, 01:05 PM   #45
ProjectMatrix

I would try and sew it yourself. It kinda hangs on her, so if you got a wet suit it would be skin tight. I don't know where you can find a pattern but i bet looking at those pictures you can do a mock pattern out of butcher paper and go from there. Plus i think financially it'll just probably depending on what fabric you get would be about the same if not a little more expensive BUT it'll be accurate AND fit to your body!

Current Cosplay:
Infested Kerrigan (Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm)

Up Next:
Traveler (Journey)
ProjectMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote