Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 09-27-2009, 02:31 AM   #16
BowBat

Some of my friends cosplay with me.
The others think its awesome and want to see pictures, most all think its nerdy but cute
:]

Wondercon 2014,Anime Expo 2014
BowBat is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-27-2009, 10:47 AM   #17
MsQueenSerenity

Only 1/8 of my friends like cosplay. The rest of em' just look at me like WTF is that. All I tell them is that they're missing out alot! ^^
MsQueenSerenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2009, 10:54 AM   #18
Kitylin
witch of time

I only have one friend who cosplays, so obviously she's happy about it. A few of my other friends know, and think it's cool, and one of my non-anime-anything inclined friend just affectionately calls me her "little nerdlet" when she comes over and finds fabric and stuff lyin' all over the place.

My other friends kind of know, because of Halloween. I get the best reactions at school, because everyone just thinks it's cute. xD
Kitylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2009, 11:04 AM   #19
jounink
Holla!

they think im a dork, but then so are they.lol! One of my male friends thinks i should only cosplay the punisher because he has a looooong trench coat so people wouldn't feel the need to check me out.
jounink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2009, 12:23 PM   #20
Can not sew
Is so very sleepy...

Some of my friends cosplay with me... Most of them don't try to help with the costumes, though, so I get angry at them and throw shoes at them. Another refuses to cosplay unpopular characters, and really just wants attention.
I do have two friends, though, who I actually like to cosplay with. One is a fellow cosplayer, and puts work into her costumes, and almost never asks for help, even when I offer it. We usually cosplay from the same series, game, etc. Another friend goes for more normally dressed characters and finds clothes in thrift shops, the back of the closet, etc, and if they need to be changed he sends them over to me. If he's doing something stange and different he can't just shop for he has his grandmother, a costume designer for a theater in Israel, make it for him.
I don't just like cosplaying with them because I don't need to work, they just like going to conventions with me. I've been going to Anime North with my friend Mary for five years now, every year, and my friend Ronen tags along for FanExpo, and introduced me to Who Party. They're both really fun people to be around.

Costume list:
Femme!Fourth Doctor (Doctor Who) - 85%
Monkey D. Luffy (for Kai) - 0%
Cubone (Pokemon) - 20%
Blackadder Group (Blackadder, Baldrick, George, Melchet, Darling, 'Bob') - 0%
Can not sew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2009, 12:53 PM   #21
KakeraのTsuki
in Somniō

Most of my normal friends think it's cool. xD I showed one of them a picture last time, and she said it looked like a lot of fun, but she would never do it. Last time I brought stuff to school to work on, a few friends even tried it on~ Then there's another friend who keeps saying I should bring props to school so he can see them.

My cosplay group is made up of my close friends, and I think cosplay really brought us closer together.

Otakuthon: Ashe(League of Legends), Artwork (Nardack illustrations)

Upcoming: Lyndis (Fire Emblem: awakening), Abel (Trinity Blood), Fruit Tart (Sakizo)

KakeraのTsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2009, 01:47 PM   #22
爱 Linh
Ai Chi

I have mentioned it to my close friends so they know. they're indifferent about it i think. i don't really talk about it since I'll be the alone one talking lol. but if they knew how much i spend on cosplay they'll probably think it a waste of money, especially when I'm always complaining about being poor lol. Sadly I don't have any cosplay friends =(
爱 Linh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2009, 01:59 PM   #23
inuyashaboy05
Aka Mike FM

mine think its stupid

but i dont really care what they think, i think it's cool so i will be doing with or without them
Unread 09-27-2009, 05:15 PM   #24
minuki_sama

Most of my good friends are anime fans/cosplayers themselves, so of course they don't think it's weird or anything. The ones who don't cosplay/don't watch anime/etc. haven't given me any crap about it, they actually think it's pretty interesting.

Working on - Stocking [PSG] || Aigis [Persona 3] || Naoto Shirogane [Persona 4] || Dahlia Hawthorne [Phoenix Wright]
minuki_sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2009, 05:46 PM   #25
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I have a very small group of friends, as such we are extremely close and have extremely similar interests. I go to conventions with usually one person other than myself, and they always cosplay with me, though I think I am a little more enthusiastic about it then my friends. They still like it and get excited.

My father however told me he "wishes I would spend this money on something else like clothes". He isn't exactly the most creative man in the world and I got the feeling my some of his family finds conventions and cosplay to be 'undesirable'.

It just bothers me when he's offered to help me with hotel cost,and I appreciate it very much... but than he complains about what I am using it for...O_<
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2009, 08:11 PM   #26
SA2R
King of the Skies

Most of my firneds are cosplayers, the ones that are not~ tend to ask if they can try on my cosplays. Some of them really want to attend the cons as well, but do not have the time...I feel sorry for them XD

Link - Hyrule Warriors
Tomoe - Kamisama kiss
Sebastian - Book of Circus
Snake - Book of Circus
Wen Yang - Dynasty warriors

( ī ▽ ` )v

SA2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2009, 08:19 PM   #27
Giratina
Here we go!

The one friend I have who likes anime/manga/video games/all that geeky hooblah like I do doesn't actually know that I cosplay, but once she finds out what I'm planning to make after Sableye (a Heartless of some sort) she'll be absolutely thrilled. So yep, that's about it.
Unread 09-27-2009, 09:56 PM   #28
Ballad of the Fool
Is a natural disaster.

Hmmm, only about two or three of my friends are into anime and cosplaying.
All the other ones are like, "You're doing what?" or they call me stupid. >.>;
For that reason, I tend not to tell any of them what my plans for the weekends are.

Portraying/Planning:

Thorin Oakenshield {The Hobbit} -- designing/drafting.
Lady!Bofur {The Hobbit} -- designing.
Ballad of the Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2009, 10:04 PM   #29
Inufan078
Winged-Kuribohsaid what?!

Well I seem to attract anime people and become friends with them which I think is a great quality! XD. So my anime friends think cosplaying and conventions sound uber fun! My other friends just kind of facepalm at me and say I'm a weirdo and a dork but already knew that with my japanesish fandom! But they are use to it and accept me^^

Though once I tell them about conventions they REALLY tease me because they automatically think of comic book conventions and big boobie girls and treckies. One of my friend's laughed at me when I told her I had a good time. When I tell them the actual name of the convention and it's for anime they go "huh?" than when I say "my dork convention" they go "Oooo!"

Soon:
Train Heartnet from Black Cat
Secret Cosplay

Recent Complete Cosplays
Ikuto Tsukiyomi - Shugo Chara! School uniform with black and white lined blazer version
Jaden Yuki - YGO GX Season 4 version

~Cosplay lists never end... I have so many in my head I fear I will forget them... I have made a journal of all the characters I wish to achieve and keep on adding.~

Last edited by Inufan078 : 09-27-2009 at 10:06 PM.
Inufan078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 12:25 AM   #30
Yukari Kaiba
LIKE A BOSS

some of my friends are into cosplaying, so its nothing out of the norm between us XD but I do have friends who don't cosplay or are not into anime at all, and they actually think my photos look really cool (I put them on my facebook all the time, and I get a lot of "whooooa how did you make that?!" or "those contacts are intense!") so its usually a pretty positive response. If any of my friends don't like what I do, they haven't told me themselves.

2013 Cosplay!
Kuroko Tetsuya (Kuroko no Basket)COMPLETE!
Alibaba Saluja (Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic)COMPLETE!
Hige (Wolf's Rain)COMPLETE!
Sanada Yukimura, Revoltech limited edition variant (Sengoku BASARA)COMPLETE!
Subway Master Nobori (Pokemon Black&White)COMPLETE!
Candlehead (Sugar Rush!/Wreck-It Ralph)COMPLETE!
Scrafty (Pokemon Black&White)COMPLETE!
Hatsune Miku, Magnet variant (Vocaloid)COMPLETE!
Skull Kid (Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask)
Yukari Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote