Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 10-18-2009, 05:11 PM   #76
Haku23

One friend: Thinks it's weird. She laughed at me but I had the last one because her boyfriend was like "OMG I WANNA COSPLAY AT THE NEXT CON" only a couple of hours after I told her I'd be cosplaying for a club at school. HA.

One friend: Is too concerned with what people think and doesn't want to "end up on one of those sites where they make fun of cosplayers". : / If you go looking for trouble you'll find it is what I say. He also thinks that people should look like the character they're cosplaying so I routinely have to say "HOW THE HELL DOES ONE GO ABOUT LOOKING LIKE A 2D DRAWING?"

One friend: Thinks it's cool and wants to cosplay at Anime North! IDK if she will or not though because she hates spending money and is generally flakey about that kind of stuff(she and "omg nooo" friend told me 3 days before the con that they couldn't come. : | . I was pissed :'D)

I know more people but they don't necessarily fall into the "friend" category or they've seen me cosplay and just don't care XD

Unread 10-18-2009, 08:45 PM   #77
skrei

some friends are cosplayers themselves, and they give awesome tips sometimes!
some go to cons with me and we basically spazz over some cosplays and the stuff they sell at cons
and while others are not so great fans/have no idea what cosplay is, we are still able to talk to each other and all, so i guess its all good ^^

Last edited by skrei : 10-18-2009 at 08:48 PM.
skrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2009, 01:13 AM   #78
AzraelUK
Super Duper Party Pooper

One friend of mine is into cosplay (and in fact, he was the one who mentioned doing it to various cons as something we should do). Two or three more friends enjoy anime and the first friend's convincing them to go as people they know from various animes (Colonel Mustang in a miniskirt etc.), but they wouldn't even be going to any cons if it weren't for the first friend. Not sure about other people; it's probably a good idea not to tell them.

. {o} .
^
AzraelUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 12:07 AM   #79
Aphex
おもし&

Yeah that is something I did this year!!

Will of the Abyss [Pandora Hearts] 90%
Waiting for the silver wig...! When it comes, my costume is complete!
Aphex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 12:10 AM   #80
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

My friends don't know what it is...So...basically think I'm weird.
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 12:35 AM   #81
Brave XDG
The King Of Things

Well I obviously have friends who do cosplay, but the ones who don't and don't go to cons...they think its weird and pointless and I should not bother with it...even though I really enjoy it. >_>
Trevor Phillips- Grand Theft Auto V
Chipp- Guilty Gear
Brave XDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 03:33 AM   #82
Koda89

Outside of the friends of mine that also cosplay...they all think it is cool.

Planned Costumes:
- Scarecrow(Batman): 100%
- Spike(My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic): 100%
- DJ P0N-3(My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic): 100%
Koda89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 04:44 AM   #83
randomstuff
Irish Cosplayer

I went as Ash Ketchum from Pokemon for a charity walk at school and I was surprised by the amount of people who recognised me and they all seemed to think it was really cool! Not sure what they'd say if they saw my other costumes/costume plans though XD
randomstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 09:01 AM   #84
Auburn_Kitty
'Taters eh?

They think it's cool. Even the people at work. Well, I don't know what they REALLY think but, they seem to enjoy me talking about it.

Rei Ryugazaki - FREE! (club outfit) Progress = 30-40% DONE
Auburn_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 09:57 AM   #85
SuperMoyashi365
will exorcise for food

i have 2 other friends that cosplay, but one of them isn't very serious about it yet, but she plans on getting serious about it soon cuz she plans on doing a Lan Fan cosplay while im Ling =D
my only other friend that seems to understand cosplay thinks it's cool too! she thinks anime nerds are cooler than regular nerds (did that make any sense?) and our outfits are better xD my other friends dnt seem to understand it... but they still think it's cool.
SuperMoyashi365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 03:03 AM   #86
toshirua3846384
take your fail and leave

well when i was in high school *19 now* my friends thought it was wierd for me, they often compared what i did to being like the kids that ate by themselves at lunch. but now my normal friends get it now and think it must be fun to partake in the activity i even got two out of 12 of them to cosplay even though they never seen anime in their life, i just simply told them that think of it as halloween *which is somewhat wierd to me* except at another certain time and place with more festivites and such.

-->( v O x O)O"
toshirua3846384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 10:33 AM   #87
sephygoth
Hater lover

Probably depends on how long you'v done it, if they cosplay, if you're godd/bad/dun care(some friends are there for better reason than others)
For the most part my friends accept, the first time OLD friends see me in new stuff proves that, the title of this thread doesnt even apply at times, cause even THEY don't know what to "think" of our cosplay.
sephygoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 05:14 PM   #88
Lady Valentine
MmmMMm dRaWp?!

My friends think cosplaying is cool even though some of them don't cosplay. But my boyfriend thinks it's the weirdest hobby I have. I've been trying to get him into it and be my cosplay partner, but he's not too enthusiastic about it. I'm going to have to force him to cosplay at Wonder con and Fanime with me lol.
Lady Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 06:29 PM   #89
J.Kazama
Power is everything

My friends are my cosplay bunch, so they like it. Outside the cons, my friends from high school-university doesn't have any idea that I'm doing it. Even my acting professor thinks it's cool and a way to help me build a portfolio to take to castings and such.
Unread 11-13-2009, 07:37 PM   #90
My_Insanity
Barian Lord

My friends who know I cosplay are fine with it, some think it's really cool and I've gotten a couple of them to cosplay, my other friends would just think I was a weirdo
My_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote