Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > New York Comic Con

Unread 08-18-2003, 06:26 PM   #1
Oshi
Rugged. Like the moon.

Unexcited?

I dunno...

After going to Otakon recently, and now BAAF next week... I'm still Otakon'd out and am not that excited about BAAF at the moment.

I mean, shit, it's my birthday con, and right now I'm feeling like... bleh.

It's kinda hard to explain... Between having no sewing to do and school on the mind, it just doesn't feel like I've got a con coming up soon.

Any other similar feelings?
Oshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-18-2003, 07:47 PM   #2
sailor-moon
Resident Moon Princess

BAAf is just a "ooh!!let me go to see some of my friends" con ^_^; im really not rushed to make any costumes or anything ::shrug:: BAAf was never that big to me..it was more of a hang out con adnan excuse to put on my usagi wig XD

::hug hug::
Unread 08-18-2003, 08:19 PM   #3
KaineMaxwell
Don't mess with mutants

For me I'me xcitied since BAAF was my firs tcon 2 years ago and going back will hopefully be my slow and steady return to the con scene. be good to see friends and make new ones too, along with this being the first time I'm gonna try a cosplay outfit.

Shinigami Photos
KaineMaxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2003, 08:26 PM   #4
ChibiRinoa
Dynamic Duo

this is my first "hang around with boyfriend and other cosplayers" con. I was flippin out for anime boston, since it was all close and stuff. For Baaf, im going to sit and watch anime and take pictures and buy some stuff. Im going to try and be relaxed in my costumes, while still being excited about debuting new costumes.^^
Unread 08-19-2003, 12:39 AM   #5
neoangelwink
waiting

im good on costume for baaf. just i much stuff finsh for that con still. but ^_^ it be all good.
neoangelwink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2003, 01:02 AM   #6
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Excited? U bet ur ass I am.

Maybe it's the fact that BaaF was my first con. Maybe it's the fact that it's the home con. Maybe it's because I'm a 2x panelistand a Guest this year. Maybe its because all four members of eWs ugly lil brother group, Team SI, will be in attendance. Or myabe it's the fact that I'm in the commericals for Baaf that CPM's been putting in all it's DVDs as of lat.

And best of all, AX wont be around to ruin it, haha

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2003, 01:12 AM   #7
Lady Ava
Costume Designer/Tech

meh...

BAAF is the wide-down con before school starts. I'm only getting to go one day, so it just doesn't have the same excitement levels as Otakon....

*shrugs* I'm just going for the AMV's, Naruto Cosplay, and of course, Oshi's b-day.

"Yen goes in. Toy comes out. That's what capsules are all about!"
-The Capsule Jingle as brought to you by AUSA 2007.
Lady Ava is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2003, 11:54 AM   #8
Bluucircles
And presents, oh boy!

I'm excited about this one. It's my first con and first cosplay. Plus, I don't have to spend a lot of money on hotels or transportation being as I only have to commute in each day. I'm looking foward to this a lot. But hey, everyone has their own opinion. I'm not a hardcore cosplayer and con-goer yet, so for me this is as good as it gets ^_^
Bluucircles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2003, 02:16 PM   #9
hikura
Flyboy

I am kinda like sailor-moon for this con.While techinally i am cosplaying it is a minor costume.I am just going to the con to hang out with a few people.My friend insisted on going and it is her first con.She is more excited about it then i.I just going to take a few pics hang out and look for one maybe two cd's(hoping the dealers room isn't packed like can of sardines like it was last year).
Unread 08-19-2003, 03:13 PM   #10
Shadowlvr
FLCL LOVE!

WELL i cant wait! its going to be my first con and im going to be meeting up with new people and its gunna be great!
Shadowlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2003, 04:47 PM   #11
Zephyrs
I Am! A Man! Of The Sea!

I'm majorly excited for this one.. for BAAF I'm bring along a whole flock of kids from my school (most of the anime club, which also happens to be a good chunk of the fencing team too!) and most of them are eager to cosplay - which I think is super cool!

I'm getting together with one of my friends to help her sew a Rin (Inuyasha) costume, another is borrowing my black mage (which could be interesting because he's a good 5 inches taller than me!) someone else is completmenting my Mother Sophia, and so on. it's everyone's first con but myself, so it'll just be a totally different experience than Otakon - which may be why some aren't as eager as I am I suppose..
Zephyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2003, 10:30 PM   #12
kurohikari
U.O.F.A is coming....

i think baaf is more of a con for locals. people come from all over the east coast to go to otakon but, baaf is really only for people who live in ny or 2-3 hours away. mabye if they add somemore stuff to the con like a dance and a real game room it would be better but as of right now it's just a chill con.
Unread 08-21-2003, 04:28 AM   #13
Pink Bunnie
Beware of the Bagels

I go cuz its an excuse to go to NY and spend days living in the fabric district. Last year I missed the first day n half of baaf cuz I was too busy shopping XD Friends too of course. I got a few friends in Manhattan I only see at baaf unless I'm randomly visiting NY.
Pink Bunnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2003, 08:37 AM   #14
KaineMaxwell
Don't mess with mutants

hey, it's an excuse to go to Chinatown as well!

Shinigami Photos
KaineMaxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2003, 05:53 PM   #15
Sciguy
Agent R

the only thing that I'm really excited about in terms of BAAF is going to New York (never been above York, PA) and getting to take a four day weekend from school. My costumes are all here, they're all ready. I have all the cash that I should need. There's no real preparation going on.
Sciguy is offline   Reply With Quote