Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Bleach

Unread 10-06-2009, 04:51 PM   #1
Wiriamu_Kitsune
Hot glues everything

Bleach Cosplay

Now-a-days Bleach is getting more and more commercialized in the U.S.
Who has cosplayed as anyone from bleach?
What was your experience?
Would you do it again?

Unread 10-06-2009, 05:30 PM   #2
Yukari Kaiba
LIKE A BOSS

Bleach cosplay thread is here: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=45741

2013 Cosplay!
Kuroko Tetsuya (Kuroko no Basket)COMPLETE!
Alibaba Saluja (Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic)COMPLETE!
Hige (Wolf's Rain)COMPLETE!
Sanada Yukimura, Revoltech limited edition variant (Sengoku BASARA)COMPLETE!
Subway Master Nobori (Pokemon Black&White)COMPLETE!
Candlehead (Sugar Rush!/Wreck-It Ralph)COMPLETE!
Scrafty (Pokemon Black&White)COMPLETE!
Hatsune Miku, Magnet variant (Vocaloid)COMPLETE!
Skull Kid (Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask)
Yukari Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2009, 05:31 PM   #3
UndercoverKitty
Kitty Claw attack!!

I've cosplayed as bleach for my boyfriend but I felt like I was just one in a zillion bleach cosplayers and I didn't feel like I stood out that much. I don't know if I'd do it again, even at small cons you're still 1 in several 10os of bleach cosplayers.
Nai (Karneval) 0% done
UndercoverKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2009, 07:47 PM   #4
Cogetas
Ulquihime MUST DIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi Yukari View Post
Bleach cosplay thread is here: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=45741
aw Shinobi beat me to it

@ UndercoverKitty - The best way to stand out when you do a Bleach cosplay is to cosplay a character who isn't very well known. I can think of a pretty decent sized list of characters who are undercosplayed.
Cogetas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2009, 02:46 AM   #5
Wiriamu_Kitsune
Hot glues everything

yeah I totally agree. and I didn't really intentionally want to start a new Bleach Thread really. I just wanted to get a couple of other opinions. Maybe I should read over the rules about posting again. I don't think I'm very clear on it lol
Unread 10-14-2009, 10:59 PM   #6
SkyPirate_Pally

ya know im working on a few bleach costumes right now some rukias,neliel,hiyori,and a sexy version of urahara(lol dont ask or do...). When I went to DragonCon this year not alot of people were Bleach characters actually.To be honest alot of Bleach costumes are not too well put together(Im sorry!!!) I think thats partially due to it being commercialized so people dont care as much.Alot of people are gonna hate me for saying that but its true I think providing you work hard on it and put it together well and take your time with you can have a damn good Bleach costume.Then people will look at you and be like wow thats a badass Rukia,Renji,whoever you are.

Also I think if you stray from the popular chars. its better that way too or new characters
I.E
the zanpakutos
SkyPirate_Pally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2009, 12:23 AM   #7
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyPirate_Pally View Post
ya know im working on a few bleach costumes right now some rukias,neliel,hiyori,and a sexy version of urahara(lol dont ask or do...). When I went to DragonCon this year not alot of people were Bleach characters actually.To be honest alot of Bleach costumes are not too well put together(Im sorry!!!) I think thats partially due to it being commercialized so people dont care as much.Alot of people are gonna hate me for saying that but its true I think providing you work hard on it and put it together well and take your time with you can have a damn good Bleach costume.Then people will look at you and be like wow thats a badass Rukia,Renji,whoever you are.

Also I think if you stray from the popular chars. its better that way too or new characters
I.E
the zanpakutos
Thank you! I'm not the only one who thinks a lot Bleach cosplay are poorly constructed. I hate seeing unlined haori, baggy pants in place of hakama, and the dreaded white stripe on the black kimono. I don't want to sound arrogant, but the Bleach cosplay I've put together actually to a lot of tiny detail work to make look more accurate and in the end, I feel like I accomplished GOOD Bleach cosplay for myself and friends. People think because they are simple outfits for the most part you can throw one together in an hour or two and it be bad ass. Sadly, that's not the case and it ends up overshadowing the people that really do put in an effort to do great Bleach cosplay.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2009, 10:59 PM   #8
SkyPirate_Pally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
Thank you! I'm not the only one who thinks a lot Bleach cosplay are poorly constructed. I hate seeing unlined haori, baggy pants in place of hakama, and the dreaded white stripe on the black kimono. I don't want to sound arrogant, but the Bleach cosplay I've put together actually to a lot of tiny detail work to make look more accurate and in the end, I feel like I accomplished GOOD Bleach cosplay for myself and friends. People think because they are simple outfits for the most part you can throw one together in an hour or two and it be bad ass. Sadly, that's not the case and it ends up overshadowing the people that really do put in an effort to do great Bleach cosplay.
I know!!! The few I saw at Dragon con were not all that great.Im trying to DO everything really great nel is gonna be the first Im doing and I hope not to screw it up!! I have a little girl and im dressing her up as baby nel and trust me if it doesn't look good im not gonna wear until it does . Yes Bleach is not as commercialized as Dragon Ball Z,Pokemon,or even Sailor Moon(lol we don't have Ichigo Popsicle w/ gumball eyes hahaha) but, its still sad to see it
SkyPirate_Pally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2010, 09:56 AM   #9
Tainted23

I did bleach once before about 3-4 years ago and wanted to do it again but didn't wanna just be "another one" so we decided on Katen Kyoukotsu and it was GREAT. As far as I know we were the only ones at all of Otakon as them and we couldn't move more than 5 feet without pictures being taken. We'll definately be bringing these two back to next year's otakon!
Tainted23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2010, 10:22 AM   #10
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

I haven't done a Bleach cosplay yet, but I'm about to soon debut my Ichigo.
And I have to, sadly, agree to that majority of Bleach cosplays are actually pretty poor/inaccurate when it comes down to it. Sorry.

Well, since I'm pretty much a new cosplayer I'm not the best either, but since I've been training kendo for over an year (thus saying I got to wear gi and hakama regularly) and my "cosplay/special wardrobe" holds some four or so yukata, from Japan, and whatnot else from Japan too (zori, geta... you name it). All this stuff makes me more aware about what the parts of a Bleach shinigami outfit actually is and how it works.
So, when I decided to cosplay Ichigo, I checked really carefully the details on his clothes...
I want to make traditional japanese clothes properly, I feel like I would "dishonor" them if I made them wrong, lol, so much I admire them.

Uhm, enough ranting from this "samurai-fanatic". xD
Hope that made sense...

I hope no-one gets offended by this post, it isn't meant to be mean. :<

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SAT ???

Last edited by Blood_Sword : 08-04-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2010, 10:37 PM   #11
Kaze Saffire
...Rose.

I actually did Ichigo Kurosaki's Bankai in 09. Except I was a noob then being it my first con, and for some reason I had a thing against wigs. It was a pretty nifty makeshift costume. I had the sword and everything. But without the wig, nobody really got who I was going for. I'd like to try it again somewhere down the road, since I have an orange wig now. As well as his Karakura/Shikai forms ( I've no plans whatsoever to do any of his hollow forms ) Aside from him however, I do have plans to do other Bleach characters in the future.

CAPTAIN/Liutenant Aizen ( All I see are the Hueco Mundo versions )
Captain Soifon ( Crossplay. I'm a dude. I just might try her bankai... )
Captain Ukitake ( Might have to wait a coupla years to afford a wig for him )
Rukia Kuchiki ( Crossplay/Hueco Mundo version with the cape )
Rangiku Matsumoto ( Crossplay/Don't ask... )
Shuhei Hisagi
Captain Hitsugaya ( I'd either attempt his bankai or go for just his Shikai with the chain )
Nanao Ise ( crossplay/just because it takes no effort to put her together )

If there's one thing I'm tired of seeing, it's the millions of Ichigos ( despite the fact that I have done him already/plan to do him again ) Renjis, Kenpachis ( who either don't have the bells or don't have his sword ) and other cliche characters we all see. It's always awesome to see characters like Ishiin and Unohana, who people seldom do.
Kaze Saffire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2010, 10:28 AM   #12
Ink
We're all mad here!

I've done one Bleach character so far, Szayel Aporro Granz in release-form, and while it was fun to be the only one and have loads of people ru up and admire me, it was a PAIN to wear. So while it is fun to make accurate less known costumes, remember that appearance isn't worth much if it's uncomfortable to wear.

I'll never wear that costume again, but I am in the process of making a Haineko-costume (from the latest filler). Mainly because it's so easy to put together, and it's comfortable. I'll see if I haven't got time for the hilt of her sword too (in shikai-form, that is).
And the mome raths outgrabe."
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote