Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Ani-Magic

Unread 10-07-2002, 09:59 PM   #1
Iori E
Baka baka BAKA!!!

Let's talk about Robert.

Okay, so on Saturday night, Nessa and I walked along Sierra Highway back to the AVI together. As we were walking, two people stopped us along the way. The man said, "Excuse me, hi. I'm Robert, and this is my wife. How are you doing tonight." He extended his hand, but I didn't shake it. (Mistake #1: Don't just suddenly introduce me and expect me to shake your hand. You're a complete stranger; tell me what you want first. I mean, seriously...) Then he said to us, "I'm sorry, but our car broke down. All we need is 3 dollars, please." (Mistake #2: Your car broke down and you're asking for 3 dollars? For what?!) We told the man as politely as we could that we didn't have 3 dollars. Then Robert said, "Listen, we're not bums. All we need is 3 dollars." (Mistake #3: The biggest clue you can give anyone that you're a bum is saying that you're not.) I was getting very annoyed by Robert, so I reached into my pocket and took out all I had, which was 50 cents. Robert had a disappointed and reluctant look on his face, as if he wanted to squeeze me for even more money, but he finally took it and left with his "wife."

And here's the best part. I saw my friend Jason a little later, and he said he left a few minutes after Nessa and I did, so he was right behind us. Jason encountered Robert and his "wife" as well, but that time, they were eating nachos. Nachos. NACHOS. Well, at least my 50 cents went to good use, I guess...

You know what I should've said to those two? I should've said, "I'm sorry, I don't have any money. But you know what? If you go right there to the Desert Inn lobby, I'm sure one of the employees there can assist you in some way." I mean, what would they say? They couldn't exactly pester me for money after that, could they?
Or better yet, and I discussed this with a couple of friends, I should've totally scared Robert and his "wife" away. As they were asking for money, I should've yelled a loud, high-pitched scream. Then I should've posed like Zappa from Guilty Gear XX and acted like I was all possessed. That would've been so cool.

I know it's not exactly the best thing to talk about, but hey, it's certainly been a unique experience. Whenever I think of Ani-Magic 2002, I'll always think of those two.

Yeah, I'm weird...
Anime Expo 2010: Kamui Tokinomiya (Arcana Heart), Juri Han (Super Street Fighter IV)
Iori E is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-07-2002, 10:03 PM   #2
Mei Lan Chang
Its a "shoulder massager"

BWA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!....
sorry....but that's just funny.
Unread 10-07-2002, 11:29 PM   #3
Psychotic Jei
Quality Scr-what.

OKay...U have to post my lame 7-11 story! Just cause! Okay, I went into 7-11 on Friday....because I needed to find safety pins.... Well, I go in and I'm standing in line. And the clerk is like "last night I got into this fight. And the dude he hit me with this bottle." and then the clerk showed this one guy his scar and was like "And then I tried to stab him, but there were a bunch of other people there." And I'm just standing in line like O_O This must be the most ghetto 7-11 ever.
Psychotic Jei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2002, 11:30 PM   #4
Yuna
Nessa
A frakin' Mod

THEY WERE SO SCARY!!! AND I WASN'T EVEN COMPLETELY THERE!!! AHHHHHHH!
Yuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2002, 11:39 PM   #5
Iori E
Baka baka BAKA!!!

Heck yeah, they were hella scary. It reminded me of that time I went out in the streets of downtown L.A. at night in cosplay. A bum went up to us and asked for change. At least that's what I think, because I could not understand half of what the person was mumbling. And to this day, I do not know whether it was a man or a woman. But it wasn't all that scary, because we were in a large group, and Hai could've protected us with his big Auron sword. ^_^ Robert and his "wife," however, freaked me out like hell.

I would've gone to that 7-Eleven, and I had many chances to, but each time I was in cosplay, and I would've felt really really embarrassed to walk in there in my costume...
Anime Expo 2010: Kamui Tokinomiya (Arcana Heart), Juri Han (Super Street Fighter IV)
Unread 10-07-2002, 11:47 PM   #6
Doremi Chan
Pretty Ojamajo

the first AM I went to the 7-Eleven in costume and a young girl asked me why I was dressed up.
Doremi Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2002, 11:48 PM   #7
L to the 3rd
aka Scrawny Squall

Give him fake money!! or tolkiens from AI!
Unread 10-07-2002, 11:56 PM   #8
Iori E
Baka baka BAKA!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by L to the 3rd
Give him fake money!! or tolkiens from AI!
Damn, why didn't I think of that?

Heh, I'll be sure to print some counterfeit bills for when I go to Ani-Magic '03...
Unread 10-08-2002, 12:07 AM   #9
Yuna
Nessa
A frakin' Mod

Monopaly(sp?) money!
Yuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2002, 12:40 AM   #10
Manda
Ghandi has ADD

I went to 7-11 with Wayne #2 and Kitty to buy stuff for Sarah's party...stupid guys were cat-calling Kitty 'n stuff -_-; Stupid guys.
Manda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2002, 12:44 AM   #11
Dragoon Knight
The Lonely Knight

oi...glad I'm a bodyguard ne? I do my duty to protect Kitty's booty.....lol ^^
Unread 10-08-2002, 02:20 AM   #12
Mei Lan Chang
Its a "shoulder massager"

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragoon Knight
oi...glad I'm a bodyguard ne? I do my duty to protect Kitty's booty.....lol ^^
I think you need to make a T-Shirt.
Unread 10-08-2002, 03:13 AM   #13
Kenshin Ken
Ore wa, Pocky Ken desu!

I had a weirdo at my hotel walk up and say " hey how ya doin? havin fun? " and it's this guy I didn't even know or recognized... as soon as I said.." uh..yeah I'm good.. who are you?

..he left for the pool...^^;; weird man...
* I was staying at the Desert Valley Inn btw*
Unread 10-08-2002, 03:36 AM   #14
L to the 3rd
aka Scrawny Squall

I went to the airport as Cloud..and the parking attendant asked: "is that your hair"? and I said.." uh.... ..yeah".
Unread 10-08-2002, 04:10 AM   #15
artemis316
Paladin-In-Training

While I was watching the masquerade from the side of the stage, some random guy came up to me and asked if it (the masquerade) was a '...show that the hotel ran every weekend.' I just gave him a strange look and he said that he's never been here before and just wandered in...

0_o Ooookkayyy...I just told him it's an annual event here and walked away. He just looked so creepy...
artemis316 is offline   Reply With Quote