Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-12-2009, 02:09 AM   #1
shadestrike
... has no idea.

Catsuits for Black Cat/Catwoman

I've always adored these fiesty felines, and would love to cosplay one of them in the near future. As such, I am currently searching for black catsuits. The requirements are such-

+under $80
+SHINY. This is something I have not been able to find in other threads, aside from 'how to build PVC bodysuits'. I do not want to MAKE the catsuit, but merely ALTER it.
+material can be anything, though lycra is preferred. As long as it is not see-through in bright sunlight/flash photography.
+gloveless/footless/hoodless. I know that Catwoman's costume has a hood, but I would rather make it separately, along with the gloves and boots.
+please, no crotch zippers. The only suitable catsuits I have been able to find on the web have been from fetish sites, and I really don't want to have to explain to family members why I have a zipper there.

I have scoured the internet for both fetish and dance stores, and haven't been able to come up with anything. I am hoping that I can find some advice from more experienced cosplayers here, who may have done a similar costume. Where did you get your catsuit???

Also, on construction notes- how easy would it be to insert a zipper down the front for Catwoman?? And, if I wanted to cut in a plunging neckline for Black Cat, would the pull of the material make it impossible?

Reference:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 2.jpg (189.8 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by shadestrike : 10-12-2009 at 02:41 AM.
shadestrike is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-12-2009, 03:00 AM   #2
kayndekayne
Mars Make up power

TBH your not gonna find one for under 80. Without it having the crotch zipper.
There is this one http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/products/5439787/Latex_rubber_catsuit_latex_catsuit_club_wear_party _wear.html
Which has the zipper in the front like you wanted for 99$.

Cons:Super con, chibi pa, blizzcon
kayndekayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2009, 03:21 PM   #3
shadestrike
... has no idea.

Well, for such a (seemingly) well made suit, I don't mind going a bit over my set limit. And if I were to get the one in the middle, I could even re-use it for a Selene [Underworld] cosplay!

However, they are made of latex. I have absolutely no experience with it, and am wondering how it would feel to wear? Wouldn't it like, insulate, and get unbearably hot and sticky inside?
shadestrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2009, 08:45 PM   #4
KittyCanuck
Ph.D. in Horribleness

Did you do a search on eBay for "zentai"? There are lots of sellers for those, and you can probably find something shiny and black fairly easily. Most sellers offer the option of things like hoods, gloves, and crotch zippers, you don't have to have those! You can get it how you want, without anything extra that you don't want.

<---- I'm the dinosaur, not the dude.
KittyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2009, 09:59 PM   #5
kayndekayne
Mars Make up power

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadestrike View Post
Well, for such a (seemingly) well made suit, I don't mind going a bit over my set limit. And if I were to get the one in the middle, I could even re-use it for a Selene [Underworld] cosplay!

However, they are made of latex. I have absolutely no experience with it, and am wondering how it would feel to wear? Wouldn't it like, insulate, and get unbearably hot and sticky inside?
They sell special stuff to coat the inside so that dosent happen. It's relitivley cheap. Or you can use like baby power I think. Im pretty sure you can.

Cons:Super con, chibi pa, blizzcon
kayndekayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2009, 06:54 AM   #6
NecroticNymph
Princess at Heart

To the rescueeee! Lol.

I was going to post direct links to the costumes, but there's a spam ban on posting the links since they have ads here...but if you just go to Milanoo and search under catsuits for "black shiny", you'll get many options for under $100. I've also bought from them before...their stuff is GREAT for the price!

Last edited by NecroticNymph : 10-13-2009 at 06:57 AM.
NecroticNymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2009, 04:49 PM   #7
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadestrike View Post
Actually no. Since I bought some latex stockings for my Silk Spectre II costume (..in progress) I can tell you wearing skintight latex is really weird. It feels almost as if you are naked. ie If it is cold in the room you feel the cold, if it is hot you feel hot. The latex sort of transmits the ambient temperature to your skin.

A lot of these Zentai sellers use the word Latex in their advertising but actually they are using the wet look lycra. Sometimes it will say further down in their ad "latex effect".
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2009, 02:58 AM   #8
SelinaK
Catperson

The suits in the Chinese latex ads aren't the actual ones they sell, they're just pictures copied from teh interwebs. The first one is from the 2006 Tomb Raider Anniversary promotion. In fact they're so careless the silver suit in the last pic isn't even latex.

Be very careful.
SelinaK is offline   Reply With Quote