Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-21-2012, 06:11 AM   #76
TKscz
Mr. Chubby Chaser

Did Bishop from X-men, but without the jerry curls.
TKscz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-21-2012, 08:01 AM   #77
CorporatePuppet

for me it was:

~cow and chicken, courage the cowedly dog ,johnny bravo, cat dog, ren and stimpy , invader zim, pinky and the brain , timon and pumba show, popeye shows, felix, the muppets show, untalkative rabbit cartoon and the show with the 2 beavers (one brown and the other yellow ??) oh and kimba the white lion and hamtaro.

gosh I miss the good ol' days =_____=

Last edited by CorporatePuppet : 07-21-2012 at 08:03 AM.
CorporatePuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 10:11 PM   #78
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

What, no one has mentioned Silverhawks. Am I the only one to watch it? It can out about the same time as Thundercats, Voltron, Robotech, etc.
Unread 07-23-2012, 02:36 AM   #79
CorporatePuppet

omg! I remember Thundercats! also Josie and the pussycats^-^oh and yogi bear,loony tunes , tom and jerry ,casper, captain caveman and the teen angels , the jetsons, the flintstones, old version of my little pony, carebears, Smurfs,scoobydoo, southpark and ed,edd and eddy~

also think there used to be a show called 'gummybears' or something on disney I used to watch, it was with bears and they lived in a tree???~

lol, I watched so much as a kid >~< I miss these shows, the new ones lack that classic charm the old ones do I think...
Unread 07-23-2012, 03:19 AM   #80
srawr

I've done two Miss Frizzle costumes, from The Magic School Bus.

Space Dress

Dinosaur Dress

Working on a Ruby Gloom costume and eventually another Miss Frizzle (bat dress).
srawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 07:25 AM   #81
Jabberwack
Epic Zombie of Epicness

I dunno if this counts as "not anime", but I'm planning an awesome Speed Racer cosplay.

Cosplays: Brock (Pokemon) 95%, L (Death Note) 100%, Kurapica (Hunter X Hunter) 100%, Bikky (FAKE) 40%, Count D (Pet Shop Of Horrors) 70% Dave Strider (Homestuck) 95%
New York Comic Con 2012:
Friday: Sober! Gamzee Makara (Homestuck) 80%
Saturday: Mituna Captor (Homestuck) 80%
Sunday: Mituna Captor (Homestuck) 80%
Jabberwack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 08:40 AM   #82
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwack View Post
I dunno if this counts as "not anime", but I'm planning an awesome Speed Racer cosplay.
I try to avoid the "anime/not anime" game because, technically, anything that's animated is anime. But Speed Racer is Japanese. It's just REALLY old.

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #83
EmpressofSquee
Random Squee Generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporatePuppet View Post
also think there used to be a show called 'gummybears' or something on disney I used to watch, it was with bears and they lived in a tree???~
YES! Someone else remembers them! They drank a potion that made them bounce and helped them get away from the evil trolls!

It would be a great idea for a mascot... *adds to growing wishlist of ultimate cosplays*

Just to add to the Disney canon: Darkwing Duck, Ducktales and Rescue Rangers

Cosplay 2013:

Anime North: Princess!Dory (Finding Nemo), Mrs. Brisby (Secret of NIMH, the hubby is doing Nicodemus!)
Otakuthon: TBD

Costume Con 32 Super-special-awesome-chocolatey-coated-secret cosplay!
EmpressofSquee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 06:55 AM   #84
CorporatePuppet

the adventures of CAPTAIN PLANET! XD
~captian planet, he's a hero he's going to take polution down to zero~

@EmpressofSquee: yeah, i remeber that the bears drank some berry pointion thing and would bounce around ^-^ there was a grumpy one, nerdy book one and a lady bear too~ I also watched Ducktales aswell but i didn't like it much cos it had scrooge in it.
Unread 09-11-2012, 10:40 PM   #85
stiffkick80
Ooooh Yeah! *thrust*

I remember most of these (watched way too much TV when I was little). But, as is obvious, my main fandom is definitely The Simpsons.
stiffkick80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 09:39 PM   #86
MaryRyanBogard
A misfit among misfits

I've done She-Ra, Jem, and Jerrica Benton (Jem's "muggle" identity), with plans for Tickled Pink ("Rainbow Brite"), a few of Jem's other outfits, and maybe another of Jerrica's outfits. Oh yes, and at some point I plan to cosplay the girl (she didn't have an actual name as far as I know) from the opening and closing credits of "Manga Fairy Tales from Around the World", or as I knew it, "Tales of Magic" (yes, that's actually anime- first anime I ever saw, in fact- but it still counts as a "childhood cartoon").

Not sure if this really counts, but does anyone here remember the "Carmen Sandiego" game show from the early '90s? Whoever just asked "you mean that show with that group Rockapella?"- yup, that's the one. Anyway, for that Carmen was given a ragtag bunch of animated minions to do her bidding, and that's who the contestants were ostensibly chasing for most of the game before supposedly pursuing Carmen herself in the bonus round each episode. For some reason nostalgia for this show recently hit me hardcore, and with it a desire to cosplay my favorite of the aforementioned animated crooks- Patty Larceny. Sure, lots of people out there cosplay Carmen herself, but I'm the first person (that I know of) to cosplay any of her minions.

Ginny Weasley and the Midnight Magic Party- the closest thing to a website I have right now.
MaryRyanBogard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 11:06 PM   #87
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

One of my friends accidently stumbled onto W.I.T.C.H again, which we haven't seen since the 3rd grade, and we've spent the whole weekend re-watching it. When our other friend said she wanted to cosplay Elyon and I somehow ended up getting dubbed Cedric, since I'm always cosplaying the evil men with long hair and freakish tongues XD.

I find this ironic because Cedric always scared the bajeezus outta me when I was little XD
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 09-24-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #88
eebee

I am so psyched to finally be planning my Carmelita Fox cosplay. I know it's not actually a cartoon persay, but it was a cartoon video game from my childhood which I adored. My brother and I and our babysitter played Sly Cooper for hours whenever my parents went out. It was so much fun. Those are some of my favorite childhood memories. So when my fiance started replaying the games as a nostalgia moment, I got all nostalgic too, and we decided that a Sly Cooper/Carmelita pair cosplay just had to happen. And I'm so excited. I love her. =)

Chosen, In Planning:
Carmelita Fox (with Sly Cooper), Riza Hawkeye (with Roy Mustang), Emma Frost (with Namor, Phoenix Five editions)

Under Construction:
Ravager, Reina Roja (with Gabriel Santiago)
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2014, 03:48 PM   #89
urchintheeighth
work in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
One of my friends accidently stumbled onto W.I.T.C.H again, which we haven't seen since the 3rd grade, and we've spent the whole weekend re-watching it. When our other friend said she wanted to cosplay Elyon and I somehow ended up getting dubbed Cedric, since I'm always cosplaying the evil men with long hair and freakish tongues XD.

I find this ironic because Cedric always scared the bajeezus outta me when I was little XD
Me too -- I just found all my old comics the other day and I'm doing Elyon in June. Really wish I could cosplay any of the guardians too, but I'm no where near tall/shapely enough for that haha.
urchintheeighth is offline   Reply With Quote