Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 38 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-30-2010, 02:45 AM   #46
SvK

I had to run a search for my own thread after the forums were reorganized. :-(

Germans continue to bring their A game

Russians, too.

Cultist-chan

Last edited by SvK : 08-30-2010 at 03:08 AM.
SvK is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-30-2010, 04:03 AM   #47
LiveB8

I hope I'm able to get the same quality as that german pair that amazing work.

slight update from me I've started work on the mask as I wait for my helmet to arrive from Western Australia.

this is the mask I've picked to use:
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...k/7a447156.jpg

of course I've realized I won't be able to make this omelet without breaking eggs.
the now gutted mask:
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...k/3a8a19a1.jpg

*so after receiving the mask in the post I found it to have a drinking attachment so I've had to cut it out, I've also removed the bracket and internal components to clear the internal airways to make berating easier and to allow for an external frame and leather to be applied aswell as exterior eye pieces to fit in with my reference material. I'll be heading out tomorrow to fit up a fitting to attach the over the shoulder and knock up the frame to cover the mask aswell.

to date the mask looks like this when worn:
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...k/b56ff984.jpg

and from the inside:
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...k/36777630.jpg

but that's my news so far, looking forward to completing the mask over the next week or so depending on events regarding uni.
LiveB8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2010, 10:24 AM   #48
LiveB8

apologies for double post (if an admin finds this post please delete it)

Last edited by LiveB8 : 08-31-2010 at 09:24 AM.
LiveB8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2010, 03:28 AM   #49
SvK

An impressive Sister of Battle. I like the helmets, but I understand why most poeple omit them.
Unread 09-12-2010, 09:05 AM   #50
Garfsan
Tempus Fugit

I want to know who made that ork costume and who I can mug I mean ask to make me one
Unread 10-07-2010, 05:32 AM   #51
Lokirathae

I'm going to be making my husband a Space Wolf Scout outfit and I was thinking about doing something 40k to go along with him.
So I got thinking - what kind of female character fits in nicely with Space Wolves? The navigators of House Belisarius. I've read 5/6 of the Space Wolf books and and deeply miffed I can't find where I put the second omnibus to re-read about the Navigator uniforms.
They all have different uniforms and dress for when on Holy Terra and when on ships and things.
So I was wondering what you guys would think of when you think of their uniforms and such off the top of your head? I have an idea of what it could look like based on my (somewhat poor) memory, though my husband reckons there would be a certain amount of artistic license for a costume of this type, given there's not too much about it at this stage.
Would it also be recognizable?
I'd more than likely do a ship/militant style of dress rather than a more noble/fancy approach, so I figure in the end the devil is all in the small details.
Lokirathae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2010, 08:44 PM   #52
Garfsan
Tempus Fugit

A navigator will be somewhat military, making sure you add the aquila. May I suggest a BDU look with some flak and a hat of some sort? I know thats vague as hell (sorry mind running a blank)

I would think they would have some computer/tech on them, like a pda built into a bracer, perhaps some eye mods? (bionics?) Those come to mind.

If your going to be an astropath, blind with a third eye, with robes would work.

And for the space wolf scout, best inspiration is the models, for them, bare muscular arms and big manes of hair, with beards aswell. Think vikings in carapace armour ^^

I hope some of that helps, as I always thought any military side of support, would wear the Cadian kind of fatigues with armour. Maybe look at the models in the Imperial Guard HQ section? The masters? (name escapes me)

Emperor protects.
Unread 10-07-2010, 11:26 PM   #53
SvK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokirathae View Post
So I got thinking - what kind of female character fits in nicely with Space Wolves?
http://nachomon.deviantart.com/art/D...-Russ-92757199

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...paceWolves.jpg
Unread 10-08-2010, 01:35 AM   #54
Lokirathae

Thank-you so much for your input!

*SvK: I only just saw your post (i've had my reply in the making all day as I've been flitting about the house)
Daughters of Russ! That's an awesome concept for sure. If my Navigator one goes caput, that's a sure one to do. I do so love the Space Wolves :3

Considering my husband is a bit on the weedy side, I was going to have the Scout stuff with long sleeves and add some padding under it to make him look more buff (Same for his legs, I have a plan, haha). Fortunately he already has long thick hair (shoulder length) and a goatee. He has a bajillion models for 40k and he's pretty much given me a couple of Wolf Scouts to work with. Think your average Scout, with a Space Wolf head and adornments and other wolf doodads

Now for the Navigator side of things:
I've got a basic sketch going of what I was thinking of for the Navigator. Since they're more an "officer of the fleet" type, I though of having a uniform in similar style to the ones they wear in the re-make of Battlestar Galactica - with some differences based on the info I read in my book (which I found, woot) and I quote now:
"She was wearing the full formal regalia of her House, a black tunic with the eye and wolf symbol of Belisarius was embossed on every button. Its epaulettes bore the mark of her status as a master Navigator. On the braided jacket were medals and emblems which doubtless told of her lineage and status. Some of them also contained powerful sensors. She had a dress sword and pistol on her belt."
So here is my sketch, with my notes attached to it. Is large, otherwise the writing would cover everything Navigator Sketch
And this is a picture from the Imperial Guard HQ's from Games Workshop HQ dudes The first one is an Astropath, the middle one is an Officer of the Fleet (which is along the lines I was getting my imagery from also) and the last one is the Master of Ordinance.

I haven't been able to stop thinking about this all day. What do you guys think?

Last edited by Lokirathae : 10-08-2010 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Edited in a reply - Missed SvK's post.
Lokirathae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2010, 12:18 PM   #55
Garfsan
Tempus Fugit

Wow.. those are some awesome Ideas! I specially love the 13th company Space wolf.

I would go with your sketch if you wish to go along with the novel, but those from SVK would be awesome to see! If you want to be ambitious ofc.
Unread 10-13-2010, 05:08 AM   #56
somerset

anyone here doing tanith

i know our little group is around 25 strong but i wondered if anyone is actually on here itself

names MkVenner
somerset is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2010, 07:08 AM   #57
SvK

You have two dozen Gaunt's Ghosts costumes? Pictures please!
Unread 10-13-2010, 10:01 AM   #58
somerset

youd havwe to speak to gaunt about that but myself and another collegeue i believe a private cobb are fully done we have pictures sat of us vt the cosplay meet in bristol
Unread 10-13-2010, 10:01 AM   #59
somerset

though i do know tht mays expo we have blood pact aswell
Unread 11-04-2010, 01:06 AM   #60
MischaU

http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/196805/
finished my Battle Sister (never again!)
MischaU is offline   Reply With Quote