Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Assassin's Creed

Unread 11-02-2009, 09:05 AM   #1
RyuuzakiMasato7
Dying Will Assassin

Question Assassin's Creed II: Ezio's Hidden Blades

I'm planning on doing an Ezio cosplay, and the only thing I'm having trouble figuring out is the hidden blades. I've found loads of tutorials on youtube and the like, but they all use real knives, which isn't an option for me as I plan on wearing it to the London Expo. So could anyone help me out with some way of making out of wood, plastic, or anything non-lethal? :P

London Expo May '10
Ezio Auditore - Assassin's Creed II
and
ANBU Kakuzu - Naruto
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RyuuzakiMasato7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-02-2009, 11:17 AM   #2
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

You could use foam core but that's only my opinion.
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2009, 05:06 PM   #3
RyuuzakiMasato7
Dying Will Assassin

Question

Had an idea and need some help. :P I utilised my incredibly epicfail drawing skills to try and help explain this, as the part I need for the key part of my idea, I have no idea what they're called. :P

Basically: I reckon I can make the blade out of wood pretty easy, and a casing to attach to my arm via the guantlet pretty easy too. The bottom of the blade, the end that would be closest to my elbow while in the casing, would be thicker, which would stop it falling out of the casing. At the elbow end of the casing, I thought I could put in those little ball bearings that push in and out (this being what I don't know what to call :P), so that the thick bottom of the blade can push past them, and once it's past, they would hold the blade inside the casing. Then, with enough force from a downward swing of my arm, the thick bit could get past the bearing thingies, and slide out. Then, hopefully, with a forceful enough movement, the blade will slip back in and the thick bit will go back past the bearing thingies, locking it in place.

Tell me if that didn't make any sense - I get the feeling it didn't. At all. ^^;;; Anyway, here be a couple of shots of the little drawing I failed at to try and help explain what I mean:

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2137/sdc10397r.jpg

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/8962/sdc10398t.jpg

Blurry and horrible, I know, I don't have a scanner. :P Opinions plz, and PLEASE, can someone tell me what those bloody ball bearing thingies are actually called so I can buy some? xD

London Expo May '10
and
ANBU Kakuzu - Naruto
Unread 11-07-2009, 10:41 AM   #4
gambit86
Yeah, I can fly.

This... may help

I made this back from AC1 and its served me very well. There is also from what I gather a plastic tai chi sword that you can buy that looks just the same

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWvXYnukUjE

My costume has changed so much since then, I really need to upload another video.

Here are places to get it. Now note this, I use the metal one, and I have never had problems with it and security. That being said I'm also not so stupid to run around with it out, wave it around, attempt to slash people with it. So security has never bothered me when I shoot it out, have a picture taken and put it right back in the sheath.

https://www.sworddemon.com/p-8402-ex...chi-sword.aspx

Thats one for 10 bucks, so good luck with it all.

Kolin
gambit86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2009, 11:15 AM   #5
RyuuzakiMasato7
Dying Will Assassin

Question

That's awesome xD But as awesome as it is I'm not even gonna try and make it, cos I know London Expo gets pretty uppity about these things. I saw them go over to an Altair just wandering about in may, and they asked if his hidden blade was metal. HE didn't have one, but I know I won't get in with a metal one now. :P I don't suppose you happen to know what those little ball bearing things are actually called?

London Expo May '10
and
ANBU Kakuzu - Naruto
Unread 11-24-2009, 11:36 PM   #6
sadistic-otaku
Fish Freak

You could always just use the designs on youtube, and replace the real knife with a wooden one that you make yourself.

This is mine, with a wooden blade. The blade is screwed onto a metal plate, so you can just put in a foam/wood/whatever blade you want and screw it back in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpwcmltOviI
sadistic-otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2010, 12:38 AM   #7
Raikoh067

I'm sure this thread is very dead, but i thought i might as well put in my two cents. It seems to be a pretty sure way to making the hidden blades, with little work or tools required.
http://www.amazon.com/Hettich-05632-.../dp/B00305WVD6

if that link doesnt work anymore, then just search " 12" Full Extension Ball Bearing Side Mount Drawer Slide", or something similar to that. You will find pretty much the hidden blade already made for you, minus the blade part...which you can attach with any material you want.

Have fun making hidden blades
Raikoh067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 06:38 AM   #8
RyuuzakiMasato7
Dying Will Assassin

Thanks for the tip - but you're right, the threads dead, and I'm just about finished making my blades xD They're a bit different to the drawer slides I used, but thats what I did, and put a wooden blade bit on the end. :P

London Expo May '10
and
ANBU Kakuzu - Naruto