Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Guilty Gear

Unread 11-06-2009, 02:55 PM   #1
Ailyaa

Guilty Gear cosplay help

I posted this in another board just under a week ago, but got no replies
I'm not sure if it was the right place to ask what i'm asking, so i'm trying again here

http://rueki.deviantart.com/art/Dizzy-24045095

I'm planning on cosplaying Dizzy from guilty gear (picture)

I have an idea, tutorial, and local help for the wings, but i'm having trouble with the tail, and i'd appreciate tips for making the costume as well.
For the tail, i've tried taking a cheapish black cat tail with a strap, padding around it and wrapping it in fabric, but the padding slipped around and looks lumpy in places, and has slipped away from the end which is strapped to me so that there's a bulge in the middle of the tail instead of getting gradually thicker from the tip. The strap broke, and i've been using several bands of elastic to strap it on, but it's uncomfortable and looks odd underneath clothing because the elastic strings dig into my skin. There's also a visible seam where i had to sew along the fabric to keep the shape.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to either make the tail again from scratch, or ideas on how i can fix the one i already have with a way to attach the tail which is comfortable, secure, and doesn't show much underneath the costume?
The fabric i have for the skin of the current tail is a smooth, stretchy sort of swimsuit material.

A friend also suggested using pleather for the costume, how easy is it to make into a costume? and would it be too itchy/hot?

I'd appreciate the help (:
Ailyaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-20-2009, 01:48 AM   #2
xsongmihix

*attempts to bring this thread back to life*

Dizzy is my main 'dream cosplay' right now *^^* and I was just about to make a new thread asking for advice on her top/sleeves/..dress-ish thing? o_O;

but ne, if anyone has advice about Ailyaa's tail issue, or my general-Dizzy-costume question, it would be much appreciated! ^w^)v
xsongmihix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2009, 03:37 PM   #3
Ailyaa

Thanks for reviving it x3
If it helps any, i've heard you can get fake leather stuff (i think it's called pleather?) which looks really good for the black parts of her outfit :3

Dizzy is my favourite character ever, so i really want to do this cosplay ^_^
Unread 11-24-2009, 08:42 PM   #4
xsongmihix

nooo, it's slipping back into the back.... *posts to revive thread*

>> to keep my post from being only a revival post.. do you have any pics of the tail in its current state, to show the bunching and strap difficulties that you're experiencing?

I'm going to look for pics of other people's Dizzy costumes and try to figure out how they attached or otherwise wore their tails :3
*Faith Connors - Mirror's Edge*
\~\Coming Soon/~/
*Miku Zatsune - Vocaloid (Tadeshi's version)*
*Black Rock Shooter - Vocaloid (Huke)*

Cons attended: Katsucon 2009, Otakon 2009, Nekocon 2009
Next up: Katsucon 2010, Otakon 2010
xsongmihix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2009, 06:34 PM   #5
Ailyaa

I haven't got any pics right now, but at some point in the next few days i'll take some with my phone and bluetooth them to my laptop to upload.
Although prepare to be very underwhelmed, it's currently attached with two longish bits of elastic tied through the end of the fabric, for want of a better method >_<
Do you have a plan for your wings?
Unread 11-29-2009, 02:21 PM   #6
Skv012a
The Space Pirate

If you guys can sew it shouldn't be too hard. You might want to try to make a stuffed tail and attach it to the shorts securely.
Unread 12-01-2009, 11:46 PM   #7
XBaNaNaX
XBaNaNaX

I made a dizzy costume and i had to make the tail twice it was pretty lame. what i ended up doing was hitting up the local joann fabrics and headed to the back where the have the upholstery stuff. its like a section for fabric specifically for couches and larger items. I bought the heavy duty pleather they had with my 40 percent off coupon they have in all sunday papers. Now the point is that a roll of this upholstery is much wider than a normal thing of fabric so you can attempt making longer items like tails or trench coats without having to sew a seam in the middle. i hope that makes sense to u
XBaNaNaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2009, 10:25 AM   #8
Ailyaa

Quick apology for not having posted photos yet, i've lost the bluetooth adaptor i need to transfer photos to my laptop, hopefully i'll either find it soon or just buy a new one.

Thanks for the advice, I'd been trying to make the tail attatch separately, but it sounds much easier to just attatch it to the costume, although i'm worried it'd be too heavy and pull the fabric down..

I guess i could try getting hold of the uphholstery pleather and making the tail that way, i think i know what you mean (:

I think i'm going to have to make it lighter, i can't think of any way to attatch it securely without it either being too loose, cutting into my skin, or pulling the clothing fabric down =/