Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-07-2009, 01:37 PM   #1
toshirua3846384
take your fail and leave

dragon age cosplay

just recently got this awesome game for the pc anyone going to cosplay as anyone from there

-->( v O x O)O"
toshirua3846384 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-07-2009, 03:26 PM   #2
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

Oh really? Heard it has a lot of bugs to it. BUT looks really good none the less xD!
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2009, 07:41 PM   #3
demifiend
Anonkira be praised...

My girlfriend wants to cosplay as Leliana (I thought it would be cool, but she told me the same before I informed her!). I want to do something, but am a slim guy of average height, so there are no NPCs I could do, but I could perhaps do a Grey Warden of my own interpretation. Maybe next year.
Unread 11-09-2009, 06:51 PM   #4
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

I'm actually looking to do Morrigan
Rexluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 10:35 PM   #5
LCDextrose
nyu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugginsseller View Post
Oh really? Heard it has a lot of bugs to it. BUT looks really good none the less xD!
It does a bit; for a while certain patches wouldn't work properly and ever so often it still glitches up and crashes on it's own. This is from my own experience playing the game but as of being a very buggy game? Not really imo.
LCDextrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 02:54 PM   #6
toshirua3846384
take your fail and leave

Quote:
yes it does have some freezing in it however with that said if you do not have a great computer that cant store it properly do not get the game, its a very large game, other than that i want to cosplay as my customized character.

-->( v O x O)O"
Unread 11-15-2009, 10:48 PM   #7
HistorianofHell
Sorceress Supreme

I think I'm going to do a massive Dragon Age cosplay for the San Diego comic con, enter the masquerade, all of that. I was thinking the ogre (stilts, etc), some darkspawn, and a grey warden fighting them all. Any thoughts?! I think it would be awesome...

One day we'll all look back on this, smile awkwardly, and change the subject.

I make things that may or may not be scary.
HistorianofHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2009, 10:27 PM   #8
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianofHell View Post
I think I'm going to do a massive Dragon Age cosplay for the San Diego comic con, enter the masquerade, all of that. I was thinking the ogre (stilts, etc), some darkspawn, and a grey warden fighting them all. Any thoughts?! I think it would be awesome...
I think it would be marvelous if you could pull it off ^^ Not often enough do I see someone cosplay a CREATURE from a game. I would love to see Dragon Age Ogre

My friend and I are doing Morrigan and Leliana from the Sacred Ashes video for DragonCon 2010. I can't wait to get started!
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2009, 11:53 PM   #9
williamanthony

Hi all
I am trying to use my own hair since it's exactly the same as hers except I think mine might be a bit too long wish I had a better picture of length.
Unread 11-18-2009, 10:10 AM   #10
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshirua3846384 View Post
yes it does have some freezing in it however with that said if you do not have a great computer that cant store it properly do not get the game, its a very large game, other than that i want to cosplay as my customized character.
Well if you get it on Steam it patches all the glitches for you : P!
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 01:31 PM   #11
toshirua3846384
take your fail and leave

Quote:
Well if you get it on Steam it patches all the glitches for you : P!
hmmm thats a good idea but the problem is im already deep in the game *meaning i beat redcliffe, went through the ruins, also destroyed the sloth demon that was in the fade that i had to go through again.* this was when you went to the circle of magi tower and go through it so no one gets annulment or such * also got everyone approval 100% for me, and everyone i have now is strong as hell with the exception of my doggie hes only a levl 13 right now, anywho my game is currently on nightmare, i was wondering if i were to get it on steam would that mess up what i have done intill now.

-->( v O x O)O"
Unread 11-18-2009, 01:34 PM   #12
toshirua3846384
take your fail and leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianofHell View Post
all i can say is GANBATTE NE!! go for it im pretty sure you would win if your really gung ho over the whole thing, thats to say you compete it in time, i would say the easier thing to do is for you to cosplay as a darkspwawn, idk how an ogre could be done *safely* in a crowded con center >_< you might fall but if you have ample support from behind than thats okay, also there is the issue of trying to get it to the con and also on stage with roudy cosplayers there.

-->( v O x O)O"
Unread 04-25-2010, 08:13 AM   #13
mrbob0822
Mr. Bob

Hey, everyone. I already posted this in another thread, but since this is a video game cosplay, I figure I'd inquire in the video game cosplay forum too.

I'm going to the Bristol Renaissance Faire this summer with my roommate as Alistair and Morrigan and I'm stumped as to the best way to go about making Alistair's Grey Warden splint mail.

Front
Back
Side

At first I was planning on getting some craft foam sheets, gluing them together until I get the right thickness, and then cutting out some aluminum into the splints, then riveting them through the foam, but my roommate says her uncle works with leather and can get me plenty of chunks of the stuff for free, so now I'm torn.

I'm curious if anyone out there has had any experience working with these materials or has any advice to offer up to a novice armorer. I'm cool with dropping a bit of money here and there to make this thing look great.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Last edited by mrbob0822 : 04-25-2010 at 03:24 PM.
mrbob0822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2010, 11:46 AM   #14
JettaAndEric
Wait what?

I want to do my PC, but we'll see, she isn't on the top of my list for costumes this year :/ If I get my other costume done in time, I will think of getting this one together.

@Historian: If you could do that I will scream my head off for you I dont even think you would really need stilts for the orge costume (well you would, but if you saw rock golem last year... /cringes. Thought he was going to fall off the stage D you could elude to it. Only problem I see is people not getting its darkspawn and think its LOTRs or something.!
!!!! Helll I Might Just carry a Gray wraden banner with me at comic-con~!
ALright I know what i'm doing.
@Toshriu: The SDCC masquarde costumes can only be worn during the masquarde, so he would be safe enough, untill sunday when he would be allowed to wear it on the floor.

ps. If you guys need scans from the C.E. Guide I can do that for you. I work all day today, but when i get home I'll scan some of the images in there for you (and try to lighten them.. DAMN YOU BIOWARE, makin all your images dark...)
JettaAndEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2010, 06:57 PM   #15
UsagiNoSenshi
Dance Commander!

Ah, Dragon Age. My new obsession.

I plan on making my Grey Warden in the Warden Commander's Armor you can get in the Soldier's Peak DLC. And hopefully finish in time to wear it to the Sterling Renaissance Festival!
Sumire - Sakura Taisen
Sayaka - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Kaidan Alenko - Mass Effect 3
Ashe - LoL
UsagiNoSenshi is offline   Reply With Quote